Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288820 times)
Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1065 on: March 12, 2015, 09:27:38 PM »

UGH... really getting tired of all the "advertisements" people post on the Facebook page for all things custom sabers.. one group drops some info about the sabers they got, and 3 others pop up saying they have better quality sabers, from another place.. think im just gonna drop the group on FB.. nothing but crap talking smack slinging jabber jaw action over there..  ""this guys the best.."... "that guys got brighter blades! and LED"" 

yea.. im done with that group.. really not worth it... such greedy advertisement campaigns...

Indignatio
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -33

Sith Apprentice

« Reply #1066 on: March 13, 2015, 01:40:03 AM »

Why do clients insist on having very early AM conference calls? My brain is not awake that early in the AM!

Apprentice LE V4 Emerald w/ Sound (Customized)
Archon V2.1 w/ Sound (Customized)
Menace SE Staff Emerald w/ Sound
Guardian Emerald w/ Sound (My Wife's Saber)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1067 on: March 13, 2015, 02:24:49 AM »

Why do clients insist on having very early AM conference calls? My brain is not awake that early in the AM!

Because clients take early lunches... some of which begin just after the conference call and end when it's time for them to go home for the day.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1068 on: March 14, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »

UGH... really getting tired of all the "advertisements" people post on the Facebook page for all things custom sabers.. one group drops some info about the sabers they got, and 3 others pop up saying they have better quality sabers, from another place.. think im just gonna drop the group on FB.. nothing but crap talking smack slinging jabber jaw action over there..  ""this guys the best.."... "that guys got brighter blades! and LED"" 

yea.. im done with that group.. really not worth it... such greedy advertisement campaigns...

You and I are of the same mind. I created my own INDEPENDENT FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarWarsEnthusiasts/

Rules are pretty simple and the language is pretty loose. I am definitely large on keeping that one up man ship off the site though. People have gotten really personal behind the scenes at two groups that comes across as pettiness over the public forum. I have seen some of the behind the scenes posts from FB Messenger and PM's across forums. People just keep splitting and splitting until you will eventually have groups that will only have Red, Darth Vader, 501st approved, sabers powered by Green Trustfire batteries running off Radioshack resistors being recharged only by 120 V power circuits.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #1069 on: March 14, 2015, 08:38:01 PM »

You and I are of the same mind. I created my own INDEPENDENT FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarWarsEnthusiasts/

Rules are pretty simple and the language is pretty loose. I am definitely large on keeping that one up man ship off the site though. People have gotten really personal behind the scenes at two groups that comes across as pettiness over the public forum. I have seen some of the behind the scenes posts from FB Messenger and PM's across forums. People just keep splitting and splitting until you will eventually have groups that will only have Red, Darth Vader, 501st approved, sabers powered by Green Trustfire batteries running off Radioshack resistors being recharged only by 120 V power circuits.

yea, someone asked about fastest shipping, and Sparring quality sabers, i simply stated my ultrasabers have never had issues.. and they shipped in less then 2 weeks.... not 20 sec, later "nameless" jumps in with "other guys ARE THE BEST, recent test on blades and other guys DEMOLISHED THE COMPETITION"... ... like can you be more brown nosing the other guys?.. all i did was drop my personal experience.. NOT the mention, the guy who asked about the info already stated that other guys "did not" take paypal, had a 2 week minimum wait before it was built to ship.. thus, i simply said US did take pay pal.....

and one thing i can say from looking at all the other guys.... from a COMBAT point of view..... those other sabers out there look far "wall mount wannabe" combat capable... and i have already heard several others in the saberforums speak about "the guy i was dueling had issues with his -other guy- hilt malfunctioning, and cutting his hands from sharp spots.. and  my US hilt, didnt have an issues the whole time"

yea, they all look amazingly PRETTY.. but not so much worth it in my eyes when im NOT looking for a belt ornament, i want to use mine, and wear it.. ... far as im concerned, the other guys, can do what they wan, US is doing what they do best.. making QUALITY COMBAT TESTED, COMBAT APPROVED hilts.. and only getting better with time...

i have prety much stoped all my comments to anything not related to ultrasabers on the FB page.. but ill keep my eyes out on your page as well mate, like always.. yur meh boiy BLUE!

Nowhere
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #1070 on: March 14, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »

i just joined up earlier today. good idea man!

"You underestimate the power of the Dark Side."

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #1071 on: March 17, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »

man im hating myself for wanting a motorcycle right now.... ( not that im NOT going to get one!!)  but god, thinking over and over how i got "bent over the table" when i got my scooter to get off the bicycle..... it is feeling more and more improbable that ill be able to get the bike i want for less then 25,000-27,000$ if i finance .....

i COMPLETELY understand that they guy/girl on the floor "sales rep" has to make their money too... but im 90% sure they get paid to be there, to "talk" the person into a car/truck/bike/vehicle if they dont know what they want.... now, im not trying to say that's not a bad thing.... but at the same time... i find it hard to take that idea...

you know what you want, and you know your gonna have to pay a bit more for the financing.. but what gets me are the "fees" that get added on... i mean, they didnt have to talk you into the choice you wanted..

i feel like the only way to buy the bike without spending another 5-7 grand on it, is to save up over 5 years only spending money on other bills and "Necessities"  to get even close to 1/2 the prices of the item itself.... and still gonna have to pay more for it then the tag+tax+total....    its like im just gonna have to expect to pay them 30k for a 18k product.. and ill have to pay it in less then 5 years to not be over charge by 10k.....

im sure some of you will think im over exaggerating this, but.. its just how my mind sees it... i feel like the crazy guy, trust me, i know, but after paying almost 5k for a 3.5 k "recreational" scooter.... im not feeling the happy feelings of financing another vehicle....

25% extra for a vehicle might has well be tax deductible.. seeing as how we all have to pay 25% out of our hard earned cash for crap we never get to see happen cause the people "we all let into office" are greedy and use our money for other things we don't want...

its just looking hopeless to get a new bike... and i really don't want to get a used bike... cause there is 90% chance im gonna get a bike that totally not worth it... even if im paying 3-5k for the bike.. your more then likely to get a "keep fixing it/money hole" vehicle... then a "take care of it and maintain it" vehicle....

i just don't understand any of it.. and it bugs the hell out of me that i have no "speech craft" skills at all when it comes to looking into a bike/car/vehicle .......

am i crazy here??.. or is it normal to feel like the price on vehicles is just a LIE TO YOUR FACE  with hidden fees and extra payments that are just not being shown....   "BUY NOW FOR ONLY 15,000$$!!!!!  -but we are gonna charge you another 5,000 in minor fees, walk-in fee, breathing our air fee, sitting in the chair fee, paper fee, using our pen and ink fee, copy ink and paper fee for a copy of your ID and info for OUR records..  oh and there is a chit chat fee while im on hold with the finance company waiting to see if your credit is approved....

::SIGH::        -.-       ...... i really hate this feeling of being a broke  joke..... soon as i pay these BS taxes... and get my scooter fully paid for, then i can pay the rest of my school loan.. and then i get to start saving for a bike down payment... let alone saving for a bike in total.......  i just feel like im gonna be ::bent over the table, and slapped around:: no matter what i do......

everyone i talk to seems to have the same story.. even if you walk in with the license tag + price tag + tax in cash, on hand, they still are gonna make you pay a dealer fee, and tag fee....

i feel like im gonna be stuck on this slow as a snail scooter for the next 10 years..... really not feeling the "hope" here

just had to get that off my shoulders...  ::SIGH::  gonna go kick the can to work now..

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #1072 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:25 PM »

*sigh* So, despite my Ortho-Doctor wanting an MRI with contrast last month, with no contact with me (I had to find out from the Doctor's Office) OfficeMax/Depot has decided to drop my work comp claim.  I can't get a hold of anyone to find out why, nor have they ever contacted me.  Everything thus far has been handled through the Doctor's Office with me having no contact with the company or their insurance.  The Ortho is about 90% sure I need surgery on my shoulder, as am I, since I can't reach straight ahead and raise my arms over my head.

I guess Monday (I won't be able to make calls pretty much all day tomorrow) I'll be on the phone trying to reach either an OfficeMax/Depot rep, or their insurance rep, as well as probably calling a work comp attorney...

I just want my injury fixed from November... I'm tired of being in pain...

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #1073 on: March 27, 2015, 12:51:08 AM »

*sigh* So, despite my Ortho-Doctor wanting an MRI with contrast last month, with no contact with me (I had to find out from the Doctor's Office) OfficeMax/Depot has decided to drop my work comp claim.  I can't get a hold of anyone to find out why, nor have they ever contacted me.  Everything thus far has been handled through the Doctor's Office with me having no contact with the company or their insurance.  The Ortho is about 90% sure I need surgery on my shoulder, as am I, since I can't reach straight ahead and raise my arms over my head.

I guess Monday (I won't be able to make calls pretty much all day tomorrow) I'll be on the phone trying to reach either an OfficeMax/Depot rep, or their insurance rep, as well as probably calling a work comp attorney...

I just want my injury fixed from November... I'm tired of being in pain...

damn... here's hoping for a good turnout in this situation mate..  that sucks.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1074 on: April 03, 2015, 02:51:43 AM »

I'm glad this thread was made. Does not being able to buy more awesome sabers count? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1075 on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:29 AM »

I'm glad this thread was made. Does not being able to buy more awesome sabers count? Tongue

I don't remember any stipulations about what can and can not be vented about. Rant away!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #1076 on: April 13, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »

So... Friday Night/Saturday morning, my 17 year old son got into a little scrape... basically some drunk guy jumped him, and he defended himself (quite well actually.)  He comes home Saturday, telling us his hand hurts, so we take him to the ER.

This is what the X-rays of his right hand show.

So they try resetting things and give us a referral to an Ortho to follow up with Monday (today) because it's going to need surgery (Pins, plates, screws) to fix.  The Ortho can see us tomorrow morning at 9am, which so far is great news.  Now comes the kicker, they want a referral from his Primary Care Physician.  So I call the PCP's number and it's no longer in service (Son hasn't seen the guy in 2 years or more anyways) So we call the other number for the office he was in.

Find out he's retired.

Ok... so we explain what's going on.  Oh yes, he definitely needs seen so they can make the referral, however, they aren't taking any new clients until July (yes, JULY.)  So now it seems he does not have a PCP, for us to see the Ortho without the PCP referral means everything comes out of pocket (which is definitely money we don't have.)  I've been playing phone tag with the insurance company all morning so far and haven't made any headway.

His hand is BROKEN, it needs surgery to fix, the longer it's delayed, the harder it will be to fix it, why, WHY, is the referral from the freaking Emergency Room, not enough for the insurance company to authorize the Ortho appointment?  As it is, who knows when they'll get around to getting the surgery scheduled...

I'm just done man... this is such pure stupidity I can't even wrap my brain around it.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1077 on: April 13, 2015, 10:09:38 PM »

Holy crap, that is SO lame, Jes!!   I don't even know wtf to say, except that hearing about your situation makes me freakin' angry because that's a huge steaming pile of bovine fecal matter right there.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1078 on: April 14, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »

Male bovine fecal matter, more over.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1079 on: April 14, 2015, 06:36:20 PM »

Ah, insurance companies. Aren't they wonderful? Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 559   Go Up