Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288793 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1260 on: August 13, 2015, 03:08:34 PM »

When they say "Oh, excuse me" like that, your response should be "There is no excuse for you."

Oh, I say something much better, but if posted it here, they'd ban me.  Wink 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1261 on: August 13, 2015, 03:18:30 PM »

We'll have your back.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1262 on: August 13, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »

I would be more concerned about the "physical harm" you could inflict upon those hapless fools! Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1263 on: August 14, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »

I would be more concerned about the "physical harm" you could inflict upon those hapless fools! Wink

True, but I would only attack if they "attacked" first.  Depends on their technique as to how I would destroy counter them.  Wink

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #1264 on: August 14, 2015, 03:48:35 AM »

I work in insurance and for the last three plus years have been studying my company’s policy along with spending a lot of time studying insurance education in general. I’ve worked with our company lawyers so long story short I have a fairly good grasp of what is legal in the state I work and what the insurance commissioner of Washington state will allow. But sure guy(or gal) that’s profession isn’t insurance you are right, I don’t know what I’m talking about. The fact that you think you have special rights actually means something and I should throw this legally binding contract of adhesion you signed away because you obviously know more about this than me.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1265 on: August 14, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »

I work in insurance and for the last three plus years have been studying my company’s policy along with spending a lot of time studying insurance education in general. I’ve worked with our company lawyers so long story short I have a fairly good grasp of what is legal in the state I work and what the insurance commissioner of Washington state will allow. But sure guy(or gal) that’s profession isn’t insurance you are right, I don’t know what I’m talking about. The fact that you think you have special rights actually means something and I should throw this legally binding contract of adhesion you signed away because you obviously know more about this than me.

I'm not quite sure I'm following you.... Undecided

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1266 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »

I don't know about that "contract of adhesion" part, but otherwise I follow you.  I hate it when people think they know everything, when they clearly know nothing.  Thankfully I'm smart enough to recognize when I don't know something and don't usually go making a fool of myself trying to prove otherwise.  The law doesn't care if you (in the general sense) think you deserve special treatment. 

I'm just glad I deal with numbers and not the mindless rabble.  I have a very low tolerance for stupid people.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1267 on: August 14, 2015, 06:54:26 PM »

I'm not quite sure I'm following you.... Undecided

Sounds like he has a customer trying to dick-tate how he needs to be doing his job.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1268 on: August 14, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »

Sounds like he has a customer trying to dick-tate how he needs to be doing his job.

Ahh, I went back and read it a bit differently and yes, I can see the issue.   Smiley  Yes, it is extremely irritating to have someone tell a subject matter expert they know better.  My youngest sister is one of those folks.  I've been in the medical field for over 33 yrs and when I try to engage in conversation relating to health and wellness, or just advising on courses of action to pursue, she ALWAYS denies my input.  Her loss!  I gave up on her several years back.  Needless to say, folks like her end up learning the hard way!

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1269 on: August 14, 2015, 08:53:10 PM »

Ahh, I went back and read it a bit differently and yes, I can see the issue.   Smiley  Yes, it is extremely irritating to have someone tell a subject matter expert they know better.  My youngest sister is one of those folks.  I've been in the medical field for over 33 yrs and when I try to engage in conversation relating to health and wellness, or just advising on courses of action to pursue, she ALWAYS denies my input.  Her loss!  I gave up on her several years back.  Needless to say, folks like her end up learning the hard way!

Is she one filthy hippy freaks that believes in holistic healing?

Sig by For Tyeth

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1270 on: August 14, 2015, 08:56:48 PM »

On the contrary,  she's just a know it all!  Likes to disagree with folks.  That's why she's never held a job for longer than 3 months.  Her mouth gets her in trouble.  Tried to tell her that when it comes time to claim Social Security (if it's even still around by then), she's in for a rude awakening.

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1271 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:50 PM »

On the contrary,  she's just a know it all!  Likes to disagree with folks.  That's why she's never held a job for longer than 3 months.  Her mouth gets her in trouble.  Tried to tell her that when it comes time to claim Social Security (if it's even still around by then), she's in for a rude awakening.

Yeah it really bites when people who think they know it all give a bad name to those of us that do. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1272 on: August 14, 2015, 08:59:40 PM »

On the line of not trusting the professionals to know their line of work.
Some of you may know I'm an archaeologist as my grown-up job. The biggest pet peeve I have is when people insist I'm either hiding something from them or afraid that the "truth" will get out there. People often forget that the History Channel is primarily their for entertainment and they spin a story anyway they can, Archaeologists and Historians aren't hiding anything from you and trust me if we were sitting on some big discovery/truth/whatever we certainly wouldn't be covering it up - some of these claims people make would make me very rich and famous. If you see some huge story on the History channel (I'm look at you Atlantis, Ancient Aliens, etc.), but you've never seen it in the news it probably doesn't have much if any supporting evidence. Also archaeologists study people not dinosaurs. End rant.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1273 on: August 14, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »

Yeeeaaah, well . . . you realize I am one of those "filthy hippie freaks" who practices holistic and herbal healing, right?  We're not all morons.   Roll Eyes

However, I'm not one of those people that thinks I can cure everything myself.  If I'm sick, I go to the appropriate doctor.  Sometimes, that's a holistic one and sometimes, it's a doctor who practices Western medicine.  It depends on the ailment.  There are some things on both ends of the spectrum that are both helpful and harmful.  You just have to make an educated choice.  Like when I lost my voice a few weeks ago, you bet I went to the doctor and got the steroid shot.  Could I have waited it out and gotten well without it?  Yes.  But the shot made it much more comfortable for me to endure and shortened the duration.  Why suffer needlessly?   However, I didn't take the antibiotics they gave me because I felt I didn't need them.  Turns out I was right and the shot did the trick without the pills.  Like I said, it's all about educating yourself and being open to all forms of wellness.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1274 on: August 14, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »

Also archaeologists study people not dinosaurs. End rant.

That would be paleontologist. But you still play around in the dirt. Grin Grin <Said with respect.> My childhood dream job was paleontology.

Yeeeaaah, well . . . you realize I am one of those "filthy hippie freaks" who practices holistic and herbal healing, right?  We're not all morons.   Roll Eyes

I scarcely believe you qualify as a hippy. You practice aikido. You're in love with the greatest sci-fi weapon ever devised. And you're a cosplay nerd.

I'm not saying natural herbs have no place in modern medicine. If fact the opposite. I happen to know that most modern medications are derivatives of compounds found in nature that have been used for hundreds of years. They just isolate it and put it in a convenient pill shape now.

When I say holistic medicine, I'm refering to things like "healing" properties of crystals and crap like that. The only holistic treatment I believe in is laughter. It elevates the mood and releases endorphins. The mind and body are capable of great things when they feel good. And nothing beats a good laugh.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:19:32 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: