Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288787 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3585 on: October 07, 2016, 04:11:31 AM »

I am still extra salty over the lack of coverage our flood got, so I am really hoping these people get the attention and help they need.   My town will never, ever be the same and it will take us years to recover.  These people will have it even worse.  Nothing compares to walking around your town and seeing destruction and chaos in every direction.  Nothing.

Where was this area, without giving away your address, obviously?

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3586 on: October 07, 2016, 04:43:49 AM »

I live in Louisiana near Baton Rouge.  The reason we didn't get a lot of coverage is because there wasn't looting and chaos after the flood.  Just a bunch of country dwellers helping each other out and making jambalaya for their neighbors and strangers helping other strangers gut their houses.  Pretty boring stuff for the news.  Wink

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3587 on: October 07, 2016, 04:53:17 AM »

Well, I am what they call "genderqueer" or "agender" meaning I don't subscribe to any particular gender.  Sex is biological.  Gender is a social construct.  I'm not going to get into this here on the forum because this is not the place for it, but there's plenty of reading out there that explains it, if you are truly curious.  I don't care if people call me "she" or "he" or "they" or whatever.  They're all fine with me and I DO get called all of them.  Biologically, I am female, but that's not my gender.  Two completely different things.

And I'll leave it at that.  Google is your friend for the rest.  Wink

I have to disagree with you here, but like you said, here's not the place to talk about it. Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3588 on: October 07, 2016, 05:39:10 AM »

I live in Louisiana near Baton Rouge.  The reason we didn't get a lot of coverage is because there wasn't looting and chaos after the flood.  Just a bunch of country dwellers helping each other out and making jambalaya for their neighbors and strangers helping other strangers gut their houses.  Pretty boring stuff for the news.  Wink

Honestly now, I expected you to star at least a small riot....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3589 on: October 07, 2016, 07:38:31 AM »

I live in Louisiana near Baton Rouge.  The reason we didn't get a lot of coverage is because there wasn't looting and chaos after the flood.  Just a bunch of country dwellers helping each other out and making jambalaya for their neighbors and strangers helping other strangers gut their houses.  Pretty boring stuff for the news.  Wink

I do not know if i can compare with US but here, the coverage depends on the place of the flood.

If a little town is almost destroyed ... you will have 5 min in the 20H00 news.
If Paris is just menaced by a potential flood, you will have 24H per day coverage with real time information about the level of the Seine River ...

Here, the media are very Parisian centric ... everybody has to know what happen in Paris but for the rest of the country, it has to be apocalyptical to be covered ...

As for the gender discussion, unfortunately, the important thing in our societies is not who you are but how the others think who you are ... To me, it does not think that you have to play a role ... but you have to be prepared to face this reality and people who love you have to help you to face it ...

And completely other thing, as my dog becomes old ... he farts a lot and it is awful  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3590 on: October 07, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »

And completely other thing, as my dog becomes old ... he farts a lot and it is awful  Grin
LOL Seb.  Grin

It must be all that rich, French cuisine. 

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3591 on: October 07, 2016, 01:17:32 PM »

LOL Seb.  Grin

It must be all that rich, French cuisine. 

+1

My poor old golden retriever did not eat other thing than Senior Dog Food since hi was 10  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3592 on: October 07, 2016, 07:05:38 PM »

I know this is petty, but...

I wanted to send my wife a reply to one of her texts, and I wanted to include a fingers crossed emoji, or maybe a prayer, or a 4 leaf clover, a horseshoe, or something. Do I have any of those? No. Do I have a fried shrimp one? Yes. Not helpful stupid smartphone!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #3593 on: October 07, 2016, 07:09:43 PM »

I wanted to send my wife a reply to one of her texts, and I wanted to include a fingers crossed emoji, or maybe a prayer, or a 4 leaf clover, a horseshoe, or something. Do I have any of those? No. Do I have a fried shrimp one? Yes. Not helpful stupid smartphone!

Quote of the day....Thanks Landen. 

But Im pretty sure if we had our way, many of our emoji's would entail lightsabers and blasters too Grin

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3594 on: October 07, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »

My Bellicose sound speaker blew just today D: No money to send it in so. Kinda sucks now x.x I can at least salvage its blade still and pommel so. It was an old saber anyway so it was bound to happen but still. Sad face x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3595 on: October 07, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »

But Im pretty sure if we had our way, many of our emoji's would entail lightsabers and blasters too Grin

And the problem with that is....?

My Bellicose sound speaker blew just today D: No money to send it in so. Kinda sucks now x.x I can at least salvage its blade still and pommel so. It was an old saber anyway so it was bound to happen but still. Sad face x.x

Zren! Man! You're due for some sun shining down on you sometime soon.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #3596 on: October 07, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »

And the problem with that is....?

No problem...ever!!!!  I hope that someone actually makes some Star Wars themed Emoji's.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3597 on: October 07, 2016, 08:20:49 PM »

But labels are how our society knows you, so they can support you or write you off accordingly.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic. If so you need to write in sarcasm font. Wink

If that is the case then clearly they do not know the first damn thing about me.

Better to be lonely and free from societal pressures to conform than be part of a group and be put in a box.

And being an engineer, we're expected to think "outside" the box.

This is too true.  I can not count the times I have been attacked on forums because I am very much the stereotypical "cis-male".  I'm hairy, burly, eat red meat, hunt, like violent things, own weapons etc.   So I am responsible for ALL the ills facing our society.

Duh, but you've already got a leg up on the zombie apocalypse. Wink

I can't tell you how many times I was asked, when I was younger, if I played basket ball because I was tall. I so wanted to make the Tooth Fairy's night every time. No, I don't play basket ball, and of the many sports that I could not give less of a frell about, basket ball is the one I despise with every fiber of my being.

And now for something completely different.

-1 for the classics Wink

No problem...ever!!!!  I hope that someone actually makes some Star Wars themed Emoji's.

Star Wars App has them.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3598 on: October 07, 2016, 09:53:15 PM »

Colorado will help out so Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3599 on: October 07, 2016, 10:34:20 PM »

I have to disagree with you here, but like you said, here's not the place to talk about it. Smiley

For the record, the things I stated are facts, not my opinions.  One is biological and one is sociological.  I'm not sure how one can disagree with definitions of that nature, but it's a free world, man.  You do you.   Last thing I'll say about it.

I laughed WAY too hard at this.  I mean, I'd personally be stoked if someone sent me a fried shrimp icon for encouragement because fried shrimp is a delicious delight.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: