Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1299196 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6225 on: February 01, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »

I see no lie here.  I used to do competitive Judo and holy crap, the girls were SUPER aggressive compared to the men.  I actually asked to fight in the light-weight men's category more than once because the girls were not only aggressive, they were mean-spirited.  I stopped competing pretty quick because I am super non-competitive, but it was a requirement for my lower belt ranks at the time.  Never again!
I've quoted before, and I'll quote again

Speaking of aggressive, I love dogs and all that, but my neighbor's dog needs to disappear.  He's tried to attack me and Padawag more than once.  He's never on a leash and he comes bolting out of nowhere like a skinny gargoyle to try and get us.  I've maced him twice now and I'm going to keep doing it.  Next time it happens, I'm calling the cops.  Leash laws are thing here.
I could teach you how to make that dog submit. It would probably continue to be a pain in everyone else's ass, but it wouldn't bother you again.

Unfortunately third strike on that qualifies for lethal use of force in my book. It sucks for the dog but a pattern of aggressive behavior and attacks with intent to maim (and in the case of an animal attack that can quickly become intent to kill) need to be met seriously and in some cases with reciprocal force. You need to report this dog, and more importantly, his careless owners who are putting others at risk.

If I have to tell the new kid (yeah, he's 19. but I still call him a kid) to stop aggressively flirting with every female customer we have one more time they will never find all of him, because I will make sure his coworkers properly dispose of his corpse. I have been told, no joke, that I just need to keep an eye on him because "We can't afford to be so hard on our employees". I wanted to write him up the second time I caught him being a skeezy little slime trying to get a customers number, I wanted to fire him after I watched him CORNER another customer. For the time being he gets to be babysat by one of the peons I trust to not let him be a creep. . . Beau the Bouncer (he works nights at the bar across the parking lot), until I can convince my horrible rotten no good chain of command that he is trouble waiting to happen.

And my parents wonder why I am a bitter, cynical, alcoholic.
Fire his ass. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Wink Also, if word gets out that women shouldn't shop there because you employ a creeper-deluxe, then that will cost the company money. Terminating him can easily be justified by appealing the the bosses' check books.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6226 on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:06 PM »

I could teach you how to make that dog submit. It would probably continue to be a pain in everyone else's ass, but it wouldn't bother you again.

Oh, he doesn't bother ME.  If I'm walking by myself, he's terrified of me.  I used to train dogs, so I do know a lot about submission techniques.  However, it's not me he's after.  It's Padawag, who is an alpha dog . . . and this dog is also an alpha dog.  Not much I can do about that, but I have trained Padawag to ignore him, at least.  That doesn't stop him from starting crap with us, though.  I actually told the lady who owns him if I catch him on my property harassing my fur child, I'm going to put an arrow between his eyes (and legally, I could, if I wanted to).  I won't really do that, but she's seen me shooting in the backyard.  She knows I'm a good shot.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6227 on: February 02, 2018, 12:01:05 AM »

Ruling through fear is more effective when you make occasional shows of your abilities. Smiley

I hope the dog learns to calm down though, since it sounds like the owner is a useless one.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6228 on: February 02, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »

Oh, he doesn't bother ME.  If I'm walking by myself, he's terrified of me.  I used to train dogs, so I do know a lot about submission techniques.  However, it's not me he's after.  It's Padawag, who is an alpha dog . . . and this dog is also an alpha dog.  Not much I can do about that, but I have trained Padawag to ignore him, at least.  That doesn't stop him from starting crap with us, though.  I actually told the lady who owns him if I catch him on my property harassing my fur child, I'm going to put an arrow between his eyes (and legally, I could, if I wanted to).  I won't really do that, but she's seen me shooting in the backyard.  She knows I'm a good shot.
Padawag should be the beta. YOU are the alpha.

Ruling through fear is more effective when you make occasional shows of your abilities. Smiley

I hope the dog learns to calm down though, since it sounds like the owner is a useless one.
I wouldn't call it fear per se. My papaw had a way about him that was just............understood. It was easily known that he loved all his kids and grandkids to no end. But he had a presence  that you just knew, "he's the alpha, and challenging him would be bad." How bad? We don't know. Nobody challenged his authority. He wasn't a bully, he was just intimidating. A trait he picked up from his mother.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6229 on: February 02, 2018, 09:14:14 PM »

I wouldn't call it fear per se. My papaw had a way about him that was just............understood. It was easily known that he loved all his kids and grandkids to no end. But he had a presence  that you just knew, "he's the alpha, and challenging him would be bad." How bad? We don't know. Nobody challenged his authority. He wasn't a bully, he was just intimidating. A trait he picked up from his mother.

I was more referring to the mentioned archery practice.  Though yes, I am quite familiar with the presence that just exudes the "stay on my good side, you won't win against the bad side" vibe.  Sounds like he was a great man.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6230 on: February 02, 2018, 09:28:57 PM »

I was more referring to the mentioned archery practice.  Though yes, I am quite familiar with the presence that just exudes the "stay on my good side, you won't win against the bad side" vibe.  Sounds like he was a great man.
One of the best I've ever known.

How @#$%ing difficult is the instruction "Don't feed the dog?"

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6231 on: February 02, 2018, 09:31:08 PM »

?

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6232 on: February 02, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »

One of the best I've ever known.

About as difficult, I would guess, as "Don't feed the trolls."

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6233 on: February 02, 2018, 10:12:35 PM »

I told this woman in my office "Don't feed the dog." This woman is terrified of dogs, but Rosi gets along with everyone, she thinks she knows better than me what's good for MY dog. SO she slips Rosi something to eat behind my back. Rosi later pukes. And the woman has the gaul to try to deny that she fed her anything. Yeah....no. Sorry I'm one of, if not the smartest person in the building (not trying to get a big head). I can figure shell out.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6234 on: February 02, 2018, 10:16:04 PM »

I told this woman in my office "Don't feed the dog." This woman is terrified of dogs, but Rosi gets along with everyone, she thinks she knows better than me what's good for MY dog. SO she slips Rosi something to eat behind my back. Rosi later pukes. And the woman has the gaul to try to deny that she fed her anything. Yeah....no. Sorry I'm one of, if not the smartest person in the building (not trying to get a big head). I can figure shell out.
People are flipping stupid. You don't feed other peoples animals.  Angry Angry Angry

On the up side, you can take Rosi into work again!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6235 on: February 02, 2018, 10:18:46 PM »

People are flipping stupid. You don't feed other peoples animals.  Angry Angry Angry

On the up side, you can take Rosi into work again!
Next time I suspect intent, I'm going to drop my rehearsed ultimatum. "Defy my rules again, and you get to explain to everyone why Rosi doesn't come to work anymore." Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6236 on: February 02, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »

Next time I suspect intent, I'm going to drop my rehearsed ultimatum. "Defy my rules again, and you get to explain to everyone why Rosi doesn't come to work anymore." Angry
Oh that is evil. She will be hog-tied and gagged in a supply closet before break time.

Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6237 on: February 02, 2018, 10:27:12 PM »

People are scum.  Present company excluded.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #6238 on: February 02, 2018, 10:57:43 PM »

Don't take it personal as this vent/letter is addressed to "you", though to no one here...

When you're a student/beginner at something and you think someone 'condescends' to you and talks to you 'like you don't know what you're doing', that is likely because you don't know much of what you are doing and are here to learn. If you can't gather the humility to appreciate someone teaching you what you need to know, you will do nothing but fail forever. Now, I can't teach you anything, because you've bound my methods by labeling me. Failure will be your guide. I can't protect you from it. Mediocrity will be your life, because I can't spurn you on to be better. All the times I trusted you on your own were ignored. All the times I told you 'good job' were ignored. I saw potential and did my best to help you, at my risk and expense. Now, I see you as pathetic. Now, I see you don't know what you are doing. You didn't communicate with me. You gossiped behind my back. I will move forward and try to change what I do that makes you feel this way, though I don't know what it is, since you didn't talk to me. But, I will not work with you ever again. I will never recommend you for a job. I will never approve you to join me. I will still be what I am. I will still care for my patients. I will still know what I know. I will, however, second guess myself every time I speak to your fellow students. I will be unable to guide them for fear of their oversensibilities to be being taught. I will have no choice but to take the work from your hands, as it is the only way to protect my patients while you and perhaps fellow students won't listen without bringing fragile ego into an important, highly anxious patient care setting. One where I could have talked you through it, but not without sharing every instruction clearly/condescendingly.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6239 on: February 02, 2018, 11:03:39 PM »

Likewise, confidence is often seen as condescending, haughty, and it's unfortunate.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: