Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1299039 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6240 on: February 03, 2018, 12:43:16 AM »

Padawag should be the beta. YOU are the alpha.

Dude, I know how this works. I don't need it explained.  Wink  He's an alpha dog personality.  He knows who the pack leader is.  There's a difference.

Ruling through fear is more effective when you make occasional shows of your abilities. Smiley

I hope the dog learns to calm down though, since it sounds like the owner is a useless one.

I'd love to tell you I was doing something cool like using my compound bow, but it was just a crossbow.  I'm afraid I'll shoot arrows into the woods or some crap if I use the big one and those are expensive!  Too bad you can't get a permit to carry a bow because I'd be all about that. 

I told HOA about the dog.  I didn't like having to do that, but at least now, if they see the dog running free, she'll get fined.  And she SHOULD get fined!  Her dog is dangerous.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6241 on: February 03, 2018, 12:48:35 AM »

I'd love to tell you I was doing something cool like using my compound bow, but it was just a crossbow.  I'm afraid I'll shoot arrows into the woods or some crap if I use the big one and those are expensive!  Too bad you can't get a permit to carry a bow because I'd be all about that. 

I told HOA about the dog.  I didn't like having to do that, but at least now, if they see the dog running free, she'll get fined.  And she SHOULD get fined!  Her dog is dangerous.

Depending on where you are, you can.  Hell, depending on where you are, you can open carry them.

Yes, she should get fined, she is the responsible party.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6242 on: February 03, 2018, 05:37:02 PM »

Depending on where you are, you can.  Hell, depending on where you are, you can open carry them.

Yes, she should get fined, she is the responsible party.

Definitely not in this state, that's for sure!  I'd love to carry mine around.  I'm not a fan of guns, but I do love bows, swords, and knives.  HOA actually contacted me and asked me if I could get pictures of the dog running loose and send it to them as proof, so I did.  Haven't seen the dog outside in a few days, so maybe it worked?

In other news, this isn't really something I'm angry about, but I still think it's rather amusing.  After growing out my hair for a cosplay, I promptly shaved the sides again and got my full mohawk back yesterday.  Went to visit my parents afterwards and my father says to me, "You know, if you're trying not to look pretty, you're succeeding."  Now, he was snickering when he said it, but part of him was also serious.  Well, it's not my goal in life to look "pretty," thanks.  And I don't really care if someone digs my hair or not.  It's MY hair and I like it this way, so haters can hate.  Even my father.  Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6243 on: February 03, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »

Definitely not in this state, that's for sure!  I'd love to carry mine around.  I'm not a fan of guns, but I do love bows, swords, and knives.  HOA actually contacted me and asked me if I could get pictures of the dog running loose and send it to them as proof, so I did.  Haven't seen the dog outside in a few days, so maybe it worked?

In other news, this isn't really something I'm angry about, but I still think it's rather amusing.  After growing out my hair for a cosplay, I promptly shaved the sides again and got my full mohawk back yesterday.  Went to visit my parents afterwards and my father says to me, "You know, if you're trying not to look pretty, you're succeeding."  Now, he was snickering when he said it, but part of him was also serious.  Well, it's not my goal in life to look "pretty," thanks.  And I don't really care if someone digs my hair or not.  It's MY hair and I like it this way, so haters can hate.  Even my father.  Wink

*Feels guilty that trying to look pretty is one of her goals.*

My dad had a similar reaction to my mohawk... "If you're trying to look like a hoodlum, you're succeeding."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6244 on: February 03, 2018, 05:53:37 PM »

I just redid my undershave.  No mohawk, but my hair does come at least half way down my back. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6245 on: February 03, 2018, 06:06:47 PM »

Banks and DMVs, I am getting awful close to doing something like burning down any business that runs on "bankers hours".

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6246 on: February 03, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »

*Feels guilty that trying to look pretty is one of her goals.*

My dad had a similar reaction to my mohawk... "If you're trying to look like a hoodlum, you're succeeding."

Yeah, well . . . I don't have to explain to you why this is different than my situation.  Wink  I don't identify the same way as you do. 

Banks and DMVs, I am getting awful close to doing something like burning down any business that runs on "bankers hours".

Tell me about it.  How are you supposed to get business done if you are AT WORK when they are open and get off when they're closed??

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6247 on: February 03, 2018, 08:28:12 PM »

Tell me about it.  How are you supposed to get business done if you are AT WORK when they are open and get off when they're closed??

That really can be said about any business not open 24 hours.  Banks, DMVs, Mechanics, plumbers, moving companies, appraisers etc.... 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

blasterjunkie
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #6248 on: February 03, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »

That really can be said about any business not open 24 hours.  Banks, DMVs, Mechanics, plumbers, moving companies, appraisers etc.... 

In their infinite wisdom, my directors deem it necessary to open on a Saturday morning. (We're a plumbers merchant) This means we have idiot retail customers wandering in a 11.55 saying "Oh good, we just made it"

No, you didn't just make it. You cannot conclude your business during our opening hours, I'm now late going home.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6249 on: February 03, 2018, 09:14:33 PM »

There's one I can relate to...

I'm not sure about the states, but around here there's BIAs (Brain Injuries Anonymous Business Improvement Associations) in pretty much every community.  They're comprised of smaller businesses (Main St - ma & pa places).  

They've been whining and moaning for years that business is falling off because of big box stores.

"Ummm - yeah.  They're open until at least 9pm, so folks can go after work.  DER!"

Pretty much every government related office/business closes early as well.

"Pretty" is relative.  Inner beauty is far better.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #6250 on: February 03, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »

But I can drop my car off at my mechanic any time.  He'll get to it the next day.  I can call a plumber for emergency, if I want to pay.  The moving companies here generally work on your schedule and "moving day" is a usually a day off, anyway.  However, I have to be at work for 9.  The bank opens at 9.  I get off at 5.  Bank closes at 5.  FYI, I used to work for a bank, so I know how this frustrates the hell out of consumers.  MANY credit unions here are now open until 7 and believe me, those places are the ones that get the business.

Now, if you work for a reasonable employer (like I do) who will let you tend to business on your lunch break or just let you go early, if you need to?  It's never a problem.  However, most people don't have that luxury.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6251 on: February 04, 2018, 12:04:40 AM »

But I can drop my car off at my mechanic any time.  He'll get to it the next day.  I can call a plumber for emergency, if I want to pay.  The moving companies here generally work on your schedule and "moving day" is a usually a day off, anyway.  However, I have to be at work for 9.  The bank opens at 9.  I get off at 5.  Bank closes at 5.  FYI, I used to work for a bank, so I know how this frustrates the hell out of consumers.  MANY credit unions here are now open until 7 and believe me, those places are the ones that get the business.

Now, if you work for a reasonable employer (like I do) who will let you tend to business on your lunch break or just let you go early, if you need to?  It's never a problem.  However, most people don't have that luxury.

When you only have one vehicle "get to it next day" is not an option.   The last 2 times I needed to hire movers...every company I called did not work after 6 pm and did not work weekends...so I had to convince my boss to let me have the day off.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6252 on: February 04, 2018, 12:25:37 AM »

Ugh, so CVS store brand ibuprofen apparently has something in it that caused my forehead, eyebrows, and scalp to break out in hives.

The joy of all joys: discovering an allergy.

But hey! My first allergy. This is new and exciting.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6253 on: February 04, 2018, 12:38:10 AM »

Yeah, well . . . I don't have to explain to you why this is different than my situation.  Wink  I don't identify the same way as you do.  

Tell me about it.  How are you supposed to get business done if you are AT WORK when they are open and get off when they're closed??

Oh no, I'm fully aware you're comfortable in your adorkable androgyny.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6254 on: February 04, 2018, 07:36:25 PM »

Being invisible suck. A lot.

I'm not talking physical invisibility like in the comics, but the kind where you as a person just kinda fade into the background and other people forget or never even realize you are there.

I'm talking about Invisible Person Syndrome:

Symptoms:
  • The person never gets invited out socially outside the workplace or outside other activities the person does or belongs to.
  • The person can stand at pedestrian crossings but the traffic doesn’t stop until another person also arrives to cross the road.
  • The person rarely gets jobs they apply for unless there are special circumstances (e.g. none of the other applicants have suitable skills).
  • Achievements have to be spectacular before they are even noticed by the company the person works for or social groups he/she belongs to.
  • Usually their colleagues only notice them when 1) things go sideways because they are not there or 2) when they have messed up.
  • Social groups do not usually notice if the person turns up or not.
  • At a gathering, it is rare for people to single out the invisible person to talk to. It is usually the invisible person who has to instigate the conversation if he/she wants to be included.
  • The person tends to be disbelieved or at least have their achievements or abilities downplayed should they promote them to others.
  • The person sometimes tends to be made to feel they are a nuisance to others, thus reinforcing the tendency to keep themselves to themselves.
  • The person tends to get forgotten in invitations where the whole family, office etc. is invited.
  • When holding a conversation with someone, the invisible person will often be interrupted by the other person, leaving the invisible person to just sit and listen, even if they have something important to say.
  • If the person starts talking and someone else interrupts, others will listen to the second person without even noticing their rudeness at interrupting. It may not even register that the invisible person had started to speak.
  • The invisible person can be talking to one other person alone in a room. When someone else enters, however, the conversation tends to switch to being between their companion and the new arrival. The invisible person tends to get ignored unless they make a pointed effort to still be included in the conversation.
  • If the invisible person is standing in line (queue for our British friends) and the line is obstructing the path of others who want to get past, the point where the invisible person is standing will be the point in the line where the others push through to get past.
  • In stores, people tend not to notice the invisible person is waiting and will jump in. People working there will also unconsciously ignore them in favor of other customers.
  • Any display of assertiveness on the part of the invisible person is often met with surprise and even anger by others.

Granted, there are some benefits to this, especially if you want to make a quiet exit from someplace. I was invited to a party once by a friend and left after ten minutes. When he called me the next day to discuss how the party went, he was utterly flabbergasted that I had left and that nobody even noticed, not even him.

It's also beneficial when you want to listen in on a conversation. When people think they're alone, they speak freely. I have discovered a lot of people claiming to be my friends were stabbing me in the back this way. Some of which were trying to sabotage me at work or with a potential relationship.

However, the downsides, as you can imagine, are far greater. In addition to what's listed above, I have experienced or currently experience the following:

- As a child, I was accidentally left behind at stores on numerous occasions by family members.

- I can count on one hand the number of people I consider to be friends, and I'm not afraid to start cutting off fingers.

- Those two people who I count as my friends still tend to ignore me, mainly because I am invisible.

- Dating is impossible due to me being both heavily guarded and invisible. There's literally nothing memorable about me for them to say "Y'know, I liked that guy. I think I want to get to know him better."

Being invisible is a soul-crushingly lonely existence.

Welcome to my world. I'd shake your hand, but you'd probably not even notice I am there.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: