Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288806 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6840 on: May 30, 2018, 10:56:42 PM »

Wow it has turned into Communist China in here! First off all you cat talk about the government giving it taking away rights without it be political. Second just wow I couldn't even read all of that. And third, since I do think it is political talk I'm done with it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6841 on: May 31, 2018, 04:17:29 AM »

I've often seen irresponsible drivers sow chaos and never even know they did it, let alone stop and take responsibility.  Glad to hear no one was seriously injured.

The worst part is that I don't think she should have been able to miss the Motorcyclist, she was wearing a bright red jacket and helmet combo and riding a white Kawasaki Widowmaker Triple, and the point of impact was just aft of the drivers door. At that point it looks almost intentional, almost. I have a feeling that she is just used to bullying her way around in traffic "consequences be d@mned" and doesn't care that other people might be hurt.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6842 on: May 31, 2018, 12:12:51 PM »

Sounds like a contender for Canada's worst driver, or the variation for other nations. Hopefully someone will catch them soon and pull their licence. Side note driving a 2000+lbs death machine is a privilege not a right.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6843 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:42 PM »

Oh rapturous day. For those of you who recall my venting about having to deal with a certain d-bag in southern IN, I received the bestest of best news.........he's resigned. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I officially will no longer be burdened with his overwhelming stupidity.

Wow, now I'm a Chinese Commy. ⌐¿⌐

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6844 on: May 31, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »

Oh rapturous day. For those of you who recall my venting about having to deal with a certain d-bag in southern IN, I received the bestest of best news.........he's resigned. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I officially will no longer be burdened with his overwhelming stupidity.
WOOT!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6845 on: May 31, 2018, 11:12:18 PM »

I actually think Frizzen's story is a good example of why "breeding licenses" are not really going to help to be honest. So many who should not be behind the wheel are allowed to continue being dumb, I have a feeling a breeding license would go the same way, with the same attitude of "well they already have it, we can't just take it away, they have to really mess up first" prevailing.

Also, I don't believe breeding restrictions are a good idea. Like I said in my original post, it sounds good, but also "stay out of my uterus!"

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6846 on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:22 PM »

I actually think Frizzen's story is a good example of why "breeding licenses" are not really going to help to be honest. So many who should not be behind the wheel are allowed to continue being dumb, I have a feeling a breeding license would go the same way, with the same attitude of "well they already have it, we can't just take it away, they have to really mess up first" prevailing.

Also, I don't believe breeding restrictions are a good idea. Like I said in my original post, it sounds good, but also "stay out of my uterus!"
Then look at it like a gun; the ones you want having them, are the ones responsible enough to be licensed.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6847 on: June 01, 2018, 11:56:58 PM »

Then look at it like a gun; the ones you want having them, are the ones responsible enough to be licensed.
Well in America it's everybody's right to own a gun, unless you do something to have that right taken away.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6848 on: June 02, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »

I wrote a short story for a friend of mine to put into a collection of stories he wants to get published, I did it as a favor because the publisher told him that he needed a few more stories, and the only condition was that he credit me. Not only did he not credit me, he didn't credit any of the other three people who helped him out. So I emailed the publisher with copies of our correspondence and the original PDF of the story, which has my signature on the top, and the only response I got was three paragraphs that boiled down to "you are not one of our clients, our agreement was not with you, you will not be credited." . I am not super happy with Dave (not his real name, I don't like putting people in the crosshairs) .

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6849 on: June 02, 2018, 11:45:02 AM »

Well in America it's everybody's right to own a gun, unless you do something to have that right taken away.

Or you live in Illinois, New York, California... you know, the states with the strictest gun laws and the highest recorded rates of gun violence...
of course, I guess if they make it harder and harder for the people to get them legally, then all the illegal ones will just vanish, right?  Seems to be the logic in government anymore...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6850 on: June 02, 2018, 03:21:18 PM »

Okay folks, let's dial it back. The conversations here are starting to border on political, and that shell is verboten.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6851 on: June 02, 2018, 05:14:27 PM »

I wrote a short story for a friend of mine to put into a collection of stories he wants to get published, I did it as a favor because the publisher told him that he needed a few more stories, and the only condition was that he credit me. Not only did he not credit me, he didn't credit any of the other three people who helped him out. So I emailed the publisher with copies of our correspondence and the original PDF of the story, which has my signature on the top, and the only response I got was three paragraphs that boiled down to "you are not one of our clients, our agreement was not with you, you will not be credited." . I am not super happy with Dave (not his real name, I don't like putting people in the crosshairs) .

Did you directly confront "Dave"?  If so what was his reasoning?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6852 on: June 02, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »

Did you directly confront "Dave"?  If so what was his reasoning?

Oh, yeah. He got a call just after I followed the link he shared. He said that we gave him the stories to use so he didn't have to credit us. The good news is that he still hasn't sold any copies, I hope he never does.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6853 on: June 02, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »

Oh, yeah. He got a call just after I followed the link he shared. He said that we gave him the stories to use so he didn't have to credit us. The good news is that he still hasn't sold any copies, I hope he never does.

Well, "four letter word" Him then.   You and the other authors Might have a case against him should you pursue it.  If you have evidence that an agreement was made and he purposefully went back on it.   I'm not 100% on the legality of it.  If anything, and I usually hate this type of action, but you any the other authors could spread the word and make it known.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #6854 on: June 02, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »

Only thing I can say Frizz is that SOB isn't a friend.

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: