Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288789 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7380 on: August 28, 2018, 10:26:20 PM »

You’re welcome and good to hear that you had some type of fix for the time being.  Wishing you well, the key is tomorrow when you wake up.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7381 on: August 30, 2018, 01:14:40 AM »

Whelp it decided to spasm during the night so had to dig out my cane then I went to the hospital and got some meds.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7382 on: August 30, 2018, 01:31:31 AM »

Whelp it decided to spasm during the night so had to dig out my cane then I went to the hospital and got some meds.

Sorry to hear about your back. I've had to use a cane on and off during the last ten years due to back issues. I'm glad the Dr.'s gave you something. Hopefully it's strong enough.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #7383 on: August 31, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »

Cry

While I was rendering some footage for R.W. , the computer decided to run a diagnostic..which led to it crashing, which led to me losing almost a month of footage that was in it's final phase......!!!! ( Always save your work RYAN!!!! )

Heading out to the heavy bag. Gonna work out this out. Probably lots of headbutts....

Maybe call up some friends for some sparring. Gotta take a break from the editing for now.

!!!!!!

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7384 on: August 31, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »

Cry

While I was rendering some footage for R.W. , the computer decided to run a diagnostic..which led to it crashing, which led to me losing almost a month of footage that was in it's final phase......!!!! ( Always save your work RYAN!!!! )

Heading out to the heavy bag. Gonna work out this out. Probably lots of headbutts....

Maybe call up some friends for some sparring. Gotta take a break from the editing for now.

!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about thataster Resolute.  I never save anything on my computer. I always save to an external hard robe and replace it every year for redundancy and for a peace of mind.  Laptops aren’t reliable since they tend to break, have faulty hardware or ones that just go bad.

Go relinquish some energy and come back and try again.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7385 on: August 31, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »

Ouch, that has gotta hurt, I've never lost more than an hours work. (unless you count FFT then I lost my save half way through every time I tried to play)

Back is getting better, industrial grade anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7386 on: August 31, 2018, 11:25:07 PM »

Cry

That sucks. Sorry bro.

Back is getting better, industrial grade anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant.

Glad to hear it. 

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7387 on: August 31, 2018, 11:37:56 PM »

That's awful news Ryan.  The program should give at least a 2 minute warning to save and close.  It happens too often.  But nothing stored in a computer is ever really removed/lost.  I don't know a lot about computers but is there a memory retrieval or could backdating the computer settings help at all ?!  Undecided

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7388 on: August 31, 2018, 11:51:22 PM »

Hi Master Resolute,

Yeah, that sucks. I have recently started using Blender 3D and I know the pains of rendering 3D models. I only have a 12 yr old laptop to work with so it takes forever to produce an image of my saber so have to be careful to avoid the software crashing. I can't imagine working on video footage. I hope you will be able to reproduce more new great stuff to replace what you lost.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7389 on: September 01, 2018, 01:01:58 AM »

Well I've had a pretty brutal week...

Firstly, my AC unit quit.  Right when it was incredibly humid.  I know - first world problem.  Whatever though. 

No appetite; couldn't sleep... If I wasn't used to being not hot and humid, it wouldn't have affected me.  Fixed now = non issue.

Next was being contacted, and filled in by my ex-girlfriend.  Yeah - that's what I needed to know. O_o

Now I'm feeling a bit off in my guts.  Aces.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7390 on: September 01, 2018, 02:03:14 AM »

Looks like you had a roughy week there, Rapine.  I’m glad you at least got the AC fixed but sorry to hear that it affected your sleep, I know how you feel, I’m the same way with heat.  Was the lost of appetite due to the heat as well?

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7391 on: September 01, 2018, 02:09:11 AM »

Looks like you had a roughy week there, Rapine.  I’m glad you at least got the AC fixed but sorry to hear that it affected your sleep, I know how you feel, I’m the same way with heat.  Was the lost of appetite due to the heat as well?

Yeah - pretty much.  I mean; who wants to cook?!  And - add fuel to the fire? Already melting, so not really, too much, no....lol

That's at least back.  I feel like an ass to whomever doesn't have one though.

Just meh...

Thanks for answering. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7392 on: September 01, 2018, 02:18:57 AM »

Yeah - pretty much.  I mean; who wants to cook?!  And - add fuel to the fire? Already melting, so not really, too much, no....lol

That's at least back.  I feel like an ass to whomever doesn't have one though.

Just meh...

Thanks for answering. Smiley

You’re welcome. I completely understand, last summer, it AC unit died during dinner so we had to sleep in the hot humid weather until an AC tech can get to it the following day. There’s nothing like waking up and having to peak off your clothes...

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to cook and make it hotter either.  You’re welcome and anytime, always here to talk if needed and I’m glad that part is at least done.  I also understand about hearing from ex girlfriends as Well.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7393 on: September 01, 2018, 02:22:34 AM »

So..lets see.  I had to spend an hour with a customer who could not remember when his rewards cards expired and would not accept that I could not check that.  Which lead to me missing the fact water was pooling on the floor near the snack counter because of a popped water line to the fountain machine.  Get completely drenched shutting the valve off.  Which lead into spending another 30 minutes with a customer who would not accept that I could not do an exchange on an item my store does not carry.  THEN the power cut off just for a second which caused the Registers to shut down.  it takes 15-20 minutes for them to boot back up.  Meanwhile, customers are asking can I just take cash....No!  Until the system comes back up I can not sell you anything.  The power does this THREE more times before the end of the day.  All this in 6 hours as it was a half day.     

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7394 on: September 01, 2018, 02:41:58 AM »

Ouch.

Sorry to read that DT.  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: