Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello All!  (Read 1447 times)
TheGuardianWolf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 05, 2019, 08:54:46 PM »

Hey guys! I'm GuardianWolf, most just cal me Wolf. I just wanted to say hey and tell a bit about myself.

I've been a fan of Star Wars as long as I remember, and I mean at least 4 years old. I've seen every movie, played most of the games, read a good deal of the books. You name it. I've also gotten into a handful of Star Wars tabletop RPs and recently got into Legion. My favorite era of Lore has to be Galactic Civil War followed by the Old Republic, as I've always had a soft spot for the grittier times of the franchises history, and I've always loved stories of revolution. Outside of my interest in the universe, I also incorporate Jedi teachings and practices into my daily life where I can and I make strides to a little more so every day.

Beyond my interest in Star Wars, I'm currently studying Computer Science in College, and love what I've learned (Mostly Java with C/++/#, Bash, Python, Assembly and a dabbling in other languages here and there). I've done Italian and German swordfighting with a Historical recreation group called the SCA before. I used to be a Drummer, I haven't played in a couple years since I had to sell my kit but I used to play in a Metal group. And even outside of Star Wars, I'm still a huge PC gamer and tabletop RPG player, Favorite video game is Pillars of Eternity and favorite non-Star Wars TTRPG is Pathfinder.

While I currently use one of the old battle-ready Anakin collector sabers to practice, I came here as I hope to soon upgrade to an Ultra Saber, hopefully within the year. As well, I was hoping to just chat and maybe meet up with some like minded dudes.

So if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask, otherwise, good to meet you and May the Force be with You.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:28:13 PM »

welcome. There's nothing more pleasant than the sound of a lightsaber firing up for the first time. Perhaps the smell of Jawas cut in twain.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 10:30:51 PM »

Welcome to the forum! There are 'sabres here to suit nearly every budget, so I'm sure you'll find something that calls to you soon Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

TheGuardianWolf
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »

Yeah, I was actually taking a look soon after I posted and if I put aside properly I should have one ordered in 2-3 paychecks. So I'm looking forward to it.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 11:31:25 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Wolf! Cheesy Which Ultrasaber(s) are you considering?

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 11:37:48 PM »

Hello there, Wolf, and welcome to the forum.  As a fellow IT guy, I hope you graduate in a timely matter and join the ranks.  I'm training and studying Cisco and will work on getting my CCENT first, then move onto CCNA and eventually, CCNP and CCIE

If you're an Anakin fan, check out the Prophecy V3 and the Graflex that UltraSabers have. 

TheGuardianWolf
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 11:53:46 PM »

The Anakin style isn't bad, I love the grip that covers the whole bottom end. I'd have to do some more browsing when I get home and I may well change my mind later. I'd like something similar but with good hand grooves on the top have and without the activator sticking out of the hilt. I also wouldn't mind a longer hilt in general since I got pretty big hands and thick fingers, and it'd be a little closer in feel to a Medieval Greatsword. Something like Kyle Katarn's would be neat.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:57:30 PM »

Hello Wolf, welcome to the forum.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 02:11:14 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum Wolf.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 02:56:55 AM »

Welcome to the forum

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum TheGuardianWolf!

The choice of hilt can take time and lots of thought. Any idea which color you'd like to wield?
Let us know when you've made you decision on what to order and, perhaps more importantly, share pictures of it when you finally have it (we love to join in the rush of positive feelings you get when you wield a saber for the very first time  Wink )

Enjoy the community  Cheesy

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

TheGuardianWolf
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 08:19:19 AM »

Color is something I have long meditated on, and a small handful still call to me. Cyan was always very calming and beautiful, Yellow represents my Sentinel ways, and deep green has followed my life in many ways, Silver, too, has been in my meditations recently. I may ask a friend to and me with this. It's not something we've done in a while.

But I would happily post my first Saber here. I will remember to do so.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 08:31:40 AM »

Greetings Wolf,

Nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy your time around the forum. I just had to say hi when I saw you mention deep green, I have a thing for green also (as my avatar shows!)

I look forward to seeing and hearing about your new saber when you get it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: