Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1297240 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »

It has come to my attention that the red cross and other services...  Angry Are taking there sweet time getting to our fellows out in the Sandy disaster area's. In short I'm thinking of going on a mission up north to give aid if possible. If only to bring some relief to those who need it.
 end vent.

Everything is working at a snail's pace up here, but part of the problem is the limited manpower and the condition of the roads.  My apartment is still out of electric, so my girlfriend and I continue to lead our nomad lifestyle... but just to be clear, I am NOT complaining, because I know there are people out there in MUCH worse situations right now.  My thoughts and prayers are with those people...

I will, however, express my sadness at the devastation of the Jersey shore.  In case you haven't seen, the Seaside boardwalk now looks like this:

I'm sure most people hear Seaside and think of "The Jersey Shore", but to the REAL New Jersey residents this was one of the places you visited during the summer, from the earliest years of your childhood.  Pretty messed up.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2012, 01:16:48 AM »

So sad to hear about all the destruction. Hope you guys are okay up there!

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2012, 02:02:02 AM »

Ouch. Your rollercoaster is now a water ride, that's horrible. I think I can remember seeing that place in some old movies, it was around for a real long time, wasn't it? I hope they rebuild it. I hate to think of old icons like that being lost...

I'm real glad you guys are okay, Nero! Smiley Thankfully landmarks, unlike people, can be replaced.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2012, 04:33:02 AM »

Here's hoping Sandy took the "cast" along with the pier.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2012, 06:10:53 AM »

Sigh. I really don't like my guitar class sometimes. I have a quiz on Monday and the professor only gave us five days to learn several new exercises and songs. It's too rushed. I mean, if this was math, or some other subject, and if it was just basic review, then I would be fine with it. This isn't though; these are brand new things that I have to learn. It's also music, which can't be rushed like that. Ugh.

It'll make me a better musician in the end, but is that really worth getting bad test scores simply because I didn't get enough time to properly learn, memorize, and digest all of the new information?

Well, I suppose it is a college class and they do need to know if you even learn anything, but still, this is music that I'm learning, not some basic general education course. One size does not fit all in this case.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2012, 06:14:27 AM »

Sigh. I really don't like my guitar class sometimes. I have a quiz on Monday and the professor only gave us five days to learn several new exercises and songs. It's too rushed. I mean, if this was math, or some other subject, and if it was just basic review, then I would be fine with it. This isn't though; these are brand new things that I have to learn. It's also music, which can't be rushed like that. Ugh.

It'll make me a better musician in the end, but is that really worth getting bad test scores simply because I didn't get enough time to properly learn, memorize, and digest all of the new information?

Well, I suppose it is a college class and they do need to know if you even learn anything, but still, this is music that I'm learning, not some basic general education course. One size does not fit all in this case.

I know what you mean man. Hold in there and don't get too discouraged. Like you said, it'll make you a better musician in the end; just keep that in sight Smiley Besides, music is something that you love. Don't let some tests and hurried learning take that love away from you by replacing it with worry/frustration.

BTW, I don't know if I'm coming off as encouraging or not. I'm trying to lol, but it's 3:15 AM here and I am zonked. Anyway, keep your head up. You'll be alright Smiley

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2012, 06:50:33 AM »

I know what you mean man. Hold in there and don't get too discouraged. Like you said, it'll make you a better musician in the end; just keep that in sight Smiley Besides, music is something that you love. Don't let some tests and hurried learning take that love away from you by replacing it with worry/frustration.

BTW, I don't know if I'm coming off as encouraging or not. I'm trying to lol, but it's 3:15 AM here and I am zonked. Anyway, keep your head up. You'll be alright Smiley

Thanks Smiley You're right. I guess I'm just being silly. Still, it's really stressful when you only get to hand in a unfinished product. Well, not unfinished, but unrefined. Meh. I'll just go with it and do my best to make sure it'll come out good. I'll just read your post again tomorrow before I start practicing and I'll be good Smiley

Oh, and you're being encouraging, no worries Cheesy I know what you mean there.

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »

Venting and Support is what this should be called. Grin

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

::bangs head against his desk repeatedly::

I just realized I've been working on a render for 4 hours straight with the exact same issue. I think I'm going to shoot someone.

On the bright side, I'm about to go out and eat breakfast with the most beautiful woman in the world.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 02:50:08 PM »

Whose render is it? Smiley

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »

::bangs head against his desk repeatedly::

I just realized I've been working on a render for 4 hours straight with the exact same issue. I think I'm going to shoot someone.

On the bright side, I'm about to go out and eat breakfast with the most beautiful woman in the world.

Hope it's not mine being that difficult! lol

Wait.... you're having breakfast with my GF? Why was I not informed of this?  Tongue Wink Cheesy

I am not a color...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »

Hope it's not mine being that difficult! lol

Wait.... you're having breakfast with my GF? Why was I not informed of this?  Tongue Wink Cheesy

He is actually having breakfast with MY GF Wink

...Wait

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »

I sense the Dark Side at work here....

I am not a color...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »

Nah, I actually don't have a GF. No one wants an introvert  Cry

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »

Abeloth has escaped Shocked

Wait... what is on topic? How do I on topic? Grin

no

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: