Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 279173 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 05:04:27 PM »

Question for the Yellow Legion people.  For those with sentinel yellow, what is the best color for FOC?  Red or orange seems obvious to me but has anyone tried any other combinations that looked good?  I want to get a Manticore staff in SY at some point and haven't decided on what would be the best flash color.

I love my silver flash that accompanies my SY module. For a truly striking combo though, I'd suggest blue as the that LED die is unused in SY and is just waiting to be...  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 06:35:37 PM »

Question for the Yellow Legion people.  For those with sentinel yellow, what is the best color for FOC?  Red or orange seems obvious to me but has anyone tried any other combinations that looked good?  I want to get a Manticore staff in SY at some point and haven't decided on what would be the best flash color.

It all depends what effect you want. Do you want a subtle change like a pulsating charge of current? Or do you want something bold and in your face that screams raw energy?

For subtlety I would go with silver or FO and POSSIBLY SRD. That's what I plan to get for my FOC when I can afford it.

SRD could go either way now that I think about it.

Extreme would be in the realm of primary colors (RGB)

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »

Persionaly I think that silver looks the best. Although i'd like to see a s.r.d or even an artic blue they'd look pritty nice also

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »

It all depends what effect you want. Do you want a subtle change like a pulsating charge of current? Or do you want something bold and in your face that screams raw energy?

For subtlety I would go with silver or FO and POSSIBLY SRD. That's what I plan to get for my FOC when I can afford it.

SRD could go either way now that I think about it.

Extreme would be in the realm of primary colors (RGB)

I have a saber or two with silver and like to try different things.  I thought FO might be kind of hard to notice and a video I saw of it with yellow didn't interest me all that much, but SRD sounds interesting.  Do you know of any videos with other FOC colors on a yellow blade?     

Persionaly I think that silver looks the best. Although i'd like to see a s.r.d or even an artic blue they'd look pritty nice also

Arctic blue does make a nice flash color.  I got it on my CG Archon and I am so glad I didn't just go with silver.  AB looks much nicer.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

I have a saber or two with silver and like to try different things.  I thought FO might be kind of hard to notice and a video I saw of it with yellow didn't interest me all that much, but SRD sounds interesting.  Do you know of any videos with other FOC colors on a yellow blade?     

Arctic blue does make a nice flash color.  I got it on my CG Archon and I am so glad I didn't just go with silver.  AB looks much nicer.

I believe there was a gentleman on here a while back who did all sorts of color/FOC combinations. If you're willing to try to dig some up, they may help you. I'll take a couple looks around and if I find anything I'll PM you.

Here you go actually. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it should help.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=5612.0
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:56:51 PM by Darth Abaddon » Logged

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »

I believe there was a gentleman on here a while back who did all sorts of color/FOC combinations. If you're willing to try to dig some up, they may help you. I'll take a couple looks around and if I find anything I'll PM you.

Here you go actually. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it should help.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=5612.0

Thanks, I did see that thread.  That's how I decided to keep looking around instead of going with FO.  
I guess I like cooler colors as my flash so I may give SRD a shot.  I would like to see what it looks like though if anyone has a video of SY with SRD FOC. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:30:44 PM by Molina00 » Logged

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 08:20:51 PM »

Thanks, I did see that thread.  That's how I decided to keep looking around instead of going with FO.  
I guess I like cooler colors as my flash so I may give SRD a shot.  I would like to see what it looks like though if anyone has a video of SY with SRD FOC. 

SRD uses the green and blue dies on the LED, but SY also uses red and green. I'm wondering if SRD can be done in this case? I'd request SRD but maybe add that if it's not possible with SY, that GB or AB be substituted as that would be possible.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »

SRD uses the green and blue dies on the LED, but SY also uses red and green. I'm wondering if SRD can be done in this case? I'd request SRD but maybe add that if it's not possible with SY, that GB or AB be substituted as that would be possible.

I actually just looked. The only possible options are AS and orange unfortunately.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »

I actually just looked. The only possible options are AS and orange unfortunately.

I completely forgot about the chart.  I guess that makes my decision easier.  
While I'm at it, which blade is best for SY?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:33:17 PM by Molina00 » Logged

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »

I completely forgot about the chart.  I guess that makes my decision easier.  
While I'm at it, which blade is best for SY?

I know this is my old SY module that I took one resistor off of. The hue is a bit deeper yellow than actual SY, but here's what it looks like with all the blade types. I prefer MG/HG with SY.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRastP7PGQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRastP7PGQ</a>

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »

I know this is my old SY module that I took one resistor off of. The hue is a bit deeper yellow than actual SY, but here's what it looks like with all the blade types. I prefer MG/HG with SY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRastP7PGQ#ws

Thank you sir.  Smiley

Darth_Pork
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Proud supporter of the Rule of Two

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »

Sentinels, my brothers!
Which saber do you think will look best for my next SY, The Bellicose (I'm leaning there), or the ever-threatening Bane?

Ty
Pork

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »

Sentinels, my brothers!
Which saber do you think will look best for my next SY, The Bellicose (I'm leaning there), or the ever-threatening Bane?

Ty
Pork

Bellicose definitely. I WAS gonna get the Bellicose but I just don't have the money.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »

Well then if you don't have the cash for the bellicose. Maby the aeon le v3 or the dominix le v3 would look cool in s.y., I'm goinging with the aeon le v3 my self. Also the shock le or the consular in s.y. are nice .....argh..... so many choices..... can't deside...(head explodes with an echoing POP!) Some time later....... ( the head regrows)

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2013, 01:46:09 AM »

Sentinels, my brothers!

Ty
Pork

Bane, too many Belicoses out there and not enough Banes. SY Bane ftw!!!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print