Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 279166 times)
sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2014, 12:52:47 AM »

Teaser of the custom saber I'm working on. I got some parts in today including the switch and the LED. Finally part of the Yellow Legion!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2014, 12:59:22 AM »

Teaser of the custom saber I'm working on. I got some parts in today including the switch and the LED. Finally part of the Yellow Legion!

"Most impressive."

UnfairBanana
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 26

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2014, 01:02:42 AM »

Next to orange, yellow is my least favorite color. But this looks beautiful. If yellow sabers look this great all the time, I'd totally get one one day.
Sadly, many of the pics I see are usually pretty pale. Props to you though, this one looks lovely.

Walk always towards the Light.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2014, 01:51:01 AM »

Pictures will never captures what SY looks like to the naked eye.

Most cameras are overwhelmed by the luminosity of the LED's, which is the cause of the white core in photos. (this applies to all of the colors offered)

We must remember that this color is not offered to the public outright, it is a color that must be requested and they are manually set.

If you want a yellow saber, US will deliver a yellow saber, but it's up to you to specify what shade of yellow; they're "Sabersmith's" not mind readers.

Not unlike most 'Forum Colors' there will be variations in color, but I must say, it is a gamble and expectations can be a fickle mistress to tango with.

So far I have yet to see a member that has been truly disappointed with the color, this is not to say that there aren't those that wish it to be just a little bit different.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:00:45 AM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2014, 04:58:05 AM »

I wouldn't mind a Sentinel Yellow saber at one point either. Has the hint of green been fixed? I'd have to get me a Dark Shock in Sentinel Yellow. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

UnfairBanana
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 26

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2014, 01:41:40 PM »

Pictures will never captures what SY looks like to the naked eye.

Most cameras are overwhelmed by the luminosity of the LED's, which is the cause of the white core in photos. (this applies to all of the colors offered)

We must remember that this color is not offered to the public outright, it is a color that must be requested and they are manually set.

If you want a yellow saber, US will deliver a yellow saber, but it's up to you to specify what shade of yellow; they're "Sabersmith's" not mind readers.

Not unlike most 'Forum Colors' there will be variations in color, but I must say, it is a gamble and expectations can be a fickle mistress to tango with.

So far I have yet to see a member that has been truly disappointed with the color, this is not to say that there aren't those that wish it to be just a little bit different.

I know. If I do end up getting a yellow saber at some point, it'll be once the color gets finalized.
And pictures never do these justice. I was amazed at how beautiful my first saber was.

Walk always towards the Light.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

I have noticed that mine are slightly different.  One is a beautiful golden-yellow, exactly what I envisioned and wanted.  The other has a slight tinge of green in it.
Frankly, I like both.

What I was wondering was if the sound card might be the reason for the slight green?  That hilt is equipped with sound while the other hilt is not.  It is the only difference between the two, and they were ordered and built at the same time.  Probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought I'd ask?  Smiley

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #217 on: April 08, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »

I have noticed that mine are slightly different.  One is a beautiful golden-yellow, exactly what I envisioned and wanted.  The other has a slight tinge of green in it.
Frankly, I like both.

What I was wondering was if the sound card might be the reason for the slight green?  That hilt is equipped with sound while the other hilt is not.  It is the only difference between the two, and they were ordered and built at the same time.  Probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought I'd ask?  Smiley

Usually it is just the way the dyes in the LED are mixed. Who knows though, the soundboard might be drawing power from the red dye more than the green, favoring a greenish tint.

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »

And thank you for the comments above!  Smiley

DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2014, 04:08:25 AM »

My first sabers I got last summer was the Phantom Initiate V2 in SY

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:29:52 AM by DarthVinnyous » Logged

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it.

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2014, 04:51:55 AM »

I have noticed that mine are slightly different.  One is a beautiful golden-yellow, exactly what I envisioned and wanted.  The other has a slight tinge of green in it.
Frankly, I like both.

What I was wondering was if the sound card might be the reason for the slight green?  That hilt is equipped with sound while the other hilt is not.  It is the only difference between the two, and they were ordered and built at the same time.  Probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought I'd ask?  Smiley

I had two stunt sabers in SY and both were different. I had a truer yellow and a neon yellow... like a yellow highlighter with a greenish tip. I sold the neon yellow one off and the guy really liked it. I personally love golden, almost honey yellow. I love the yellow pictured above by stediskyfaller... very beautiful!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:55:05 AM by srams » Logged

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2014, 04:02:27 AM »

Its about time some one braught some new yellow or amber pics in. So.    ...here is one using my daughters prophacy, I have a 3w rgb led with a 1w 1ohm resistor on the red and a 1w 1ohm on the green, and I have this awsom amber !!!

Also here is a video of it
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hige_6WDQZw

surprisingly I didn't have any problems with the colors not mixing properly. Where you have some yellow mixed with some more green either at the tip or at the base. But this is more of an amber than a yellow. In the end.... ilike it and I hope you do toom

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:06:36 AM by Relan Tarel jedi kinght » Logged

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

sedstiskyfaller
Knight Commander

« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2014, 06:09:18 AM »

Very nice color you have there, Relan! Point for that.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »

Thanks the color came out on camera better than I thaught

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »

I present to the Yellow Legion
The Infiltrator

Custom saber-Vigilance

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: