Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 278651 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

These are all to the best of my knowledge, so might be a little off target:

Arctic Blue is blue + resistored green
Sunrider's Destiny is equal blue + green
Emerald Green is resistored blue + green

Violet Amethyst is blue + resistored red
Bane's Heart is resistored red + blue

Dark Violet is blue + heavily resistored red
Hot Pink is heavily resistored blue + red.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #286 on: August 16, 2014, 08:30:05 PM »

So, I got my Rosco swatchbook in the mail today.  Just spent about 30 minutes checking out the colors.  This is the expanded swatchbook that apparently has more colors in it than the regular one so there's like 100+ of 'em.  Most are not suitable for lighsabers because they are much too light or they are odd colors (who wants a brown or gray colored blade?!).

So, I quickly began trying out the yellows because yellow and orange were my primary interests in finding a good color to filter this AS bladed Liberator of mine.  Tried out a few and I like "straw" and "medium yellow", but there is no doubt, "canary" yellow is a thing of beauty!  Trimmed off a little piece and folded the corners up (thx for that tip btw), stuck it over the top of the Liberator emitter and used the blade like a ramrod on a black powder rifle to seat it over the LED.  WOW!  This is a beautiful color!  Thankfully, it's much, much brighter than the yellow colored filter disc that I received in my order from US.  People had told me that using these gel filters was the way to go...they weren't kidding!

It's neat that the swatchbook gives you the amount of transparency for each color and canary has like 85% which seems good.  When I tried other colors such as oranges with considerably less transparency (30-40%) you could really tell the difference in brightness.  So, it looks like this Liberator may be canary yellow to stay.

Pics soon.  I'm at work right now and can't access photobucket.  Thanks for the recommendations, fellas.  Yellow Legion!

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #287 on: August 16, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »

Awesome.  Canary yellow is what I use as well. Smiley

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:42 PM »

Awesome.  Canary yellow is what I use as well. Smiley

Rich, your photo of your Aeon was my inspiration to order a grab bag in AS so that I could try out some filters, thx.  At first, I was disappointed when I tried out the color discs, but now, WOW!  With the Rosco filter it's much brighter and the blade lights up much more evenly.  With the color disc, the color seemed to fade out quite a bit toward the tip and this is only a 32" blade.  It looks fantastic now. 

I'm sure that playing with different filter colors with this one will help me to choose what colors I want to order for future hilts from US, plus, if a family member wants to use this saber for some fun, I can switch out the color and make it pink for my nieces, haha.

For me though, it looks like canary yellow will be the regular color.

Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »

Here we go:  Liberator V3 in Adegan Silver w/Rosco Canary Yellow filter, 32" Ultraedge mid grade, standard 4xAAA battery setup.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:14:52 PM by Ziran Le » Logged

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2014, 11:32:42 PM »

Here we go:  Liberator V3 in Adegan Silver w/Rosco Canary Yellow filter, 32" Ultraedge mid grade, standard 4xAAA battery setup.

Canary is an amazing filter for fans of yellow.  That is one awesome looking Liberator you have there.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »

That is a gorgeous shade of yellow! It's so hard to capture the yellow on camera, but you succeeded on that first pic. Point!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »

Since that's a V3 Liberator, does it have more of a snug blade fit? Been wondering this. Thanks. =] I know the older Liberators didn't have that great of a snug blade fit so. Only thing keeping me away from the Liberators in any version.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »

Blade fit seems to be fine.  I switched the screw out for a thumbscrew since the hilt is in AS and I had planned to switch out colors on it often until I found something that I REALLY liked.  I've had the blade off and on 40 times in 2 weeks, haha.  I haven't dueled with it yet but it doesn't rattle or loosen up when I swing it for practice.

I really like the Liberator a lot.  It's more "simple" than a lot of the flashy hilts and I certainly like the more premium hilts as well, but I got this one from a grab bag as a practice hilt in standard battery setup for the purpose of trying out AS (I paid the extra $10 and selected AS with the grab bag).  Not having tried AS before I didn't want to shell out big bucks on a saber with sound in AS and then decide that I didn't like it, so this was a good way to go.  I was very happy to receive the Liberator and I think it's a great "work horse" of a saber, yet with a little class because of the emitter with holes.  It really feels great in your hands as well.  The next time the Dark Libby comes up as the DotD in a stunt version I may seriously consider getting one in either BR or PO, as I think it looks really classy as a sort of elegant Sith-type saber.

I'm loving yellow in this one with the silver hilt though.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »

Blade fit seems to be fine.  I switched the screw out for a thumbscrew since the hilt is in AS and I had planned to switch out colors on it often until I found something that I REALLY liked.  I've had the blade off and on 40 times in 2 weeks, haha.  I haven't dueled with it yet but it doesn't rattle or loosen up when I swing it for practice.

I really like the Liberator a lot.  It's more "simple" than a lot of the flashy hilts and I certainly like the more premium hilts as well, but I got this one from a grab bag as a practice hilt in standard battery setup for the purpose of trying out AS (I paid the extra $10 and selected AS with the grab bag).  Not having tried AS before I didn't want to shell out big bucks on a saber with sound in AS and then decide that I didn't like it, so this was a good way to go.  I was very happy to receive the Liberator and I think it's a great "work horse" of a saber, yet with a little class because of the emitter with holes.  It really feels great in your hands as well.  The next time the Dark Libby comes up as the DotD in a stunt version I may seriously consider getting one in either BR or PO, as I think it looks really classy as a sort of elegant Sith-type saber.

I'm loving yellow in this one with the silver hilt though.

Glad to see you've found another saber that you have fallen for, lol!  Don't forget about that awesome Prophecy of yours though. Wink

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »

Oh, I love the Prophecy.  Wife and I had our first Prophecy vs. Aeon driveway dueling deathmatch around midnight on Saturday night, haha.  She was all smiles.  We had to take it slowly so as not to whack each other on the knuckles too badly.  Honestly though, I have no martial arts training or anything so I want to be careful practicing with the Prophecy since it's my nicest saber right now and with my lack of skills, I'm prone to what Magik referred to as, "throwage", haha.

I'll likely pick up another couple of grab bags between now and October, possibly for my brother in law and niece as they are working on their Jedi costumes for the upcoming SW birthday party.  I'm enjoying my UltraSabers so much that I want to try out a lot of different hilts, in a lot of different colors!

Yellow was not a color that I expected I would like, since I'm more of a traditionalist.  That's why I went with AS for my "practice" hilt.  Lately though I've been a big fan of the non-traditional colors and it makes me want to try out more sabers!

Yellow, orange, red...I want them aaalllllllll... Smiley

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2014, 12:14:26 AM »

Yellow Canary rocks.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:23 AM »

Emerald Archon set to SY.  It's actually more of a canary yellow of sorts, G 236/R 178.  And to my eye, to tune it to a more golden yellow, G 236/R 210.  This is with an UE blade, and there is a very slight hint of green on one side of the blade maybe 2 inches from the base up.  You wouldn't notice unless you already knew it was there, and the color fades slightly to the tip but remains a pretty consistent yellow.  Kinda prefer the lighter yellow seen here.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2014, 11:52:27 PM »

Nice!  That's a good looking Archon.  I want one.  I prefer the richer yellow but it's hard to get a good idea of the actual color from a photo.  I can't help but think that a lighter yellow may appear brighter than a richer, darker one.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2014, 04:00:26 AM »

Nice!  That's a good looking Archon.  I want one.  I prefer the richer yellow but it's hard to get a good idea of the actual color from a photo.  I can't help but think that a lighter yellow may appear brighter than a richer, darker one.

Thanks Ziran Le!  The yellow itself is just a little darker than the top photo, but I used the white of the wall to show that there was no green/red bleeding through.  But your right, a richer yellow is nicer but it gets too dull at the top half of the blade to enjoy.  Bummer!  It's interesting that orange is brighter to the tip than yellow is.  Who knows? Smiley

The Archon is by far my favorite hilt, and it is MUCH nicer when you have it in person vs photos/video(aren't they all!)  But seriously it exceeded my expectations.  Start saving!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: