Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53   Go Down
Author Topic: Yellow Legion  (Read 279206 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2015, 12:28:54 AM »

Yellow is derived from red and green so any emerald comination with R+G should do it.  I don't have an RGBA saber yet but I have heard you get warmer colors with the amber channel so you could probably get an even better yellow with that.  I get some really nice yellows with RGBW though.  I don't know how good the color discs really are, not that great in my opinion, but if you go with AS for LED color you can get some really nice yellows with a Roscolux filter book.  I would say go with some sort of Emerald setup though so you can tweak the settings and get exactly the yellow you want.

You could also do what I did when I put my Manticore staff together.  I just bought one saber and then a few months later I bought the 2nd half.  Waiting is always the hard part, but you don't have to buy a whole staff all at once if you want all the options.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:37:14 AM by Molina00 » Logged

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »

Thanks Molina.  With the two channel R+G Emerald driver, does this affect any options e.g. illuminated AV switch? Did you go for Sound and Flash on Clash for both Manticore sabers?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »

Thanks Molina.  With the two channel R+G Emerald driver, does this affect any options e.g. illuminated AV switch? Did you go for Sound and Flash on Clash for both Manticore sabers?

I'm not sure what effect 2-channel has on the AV switch, have only gotten the 4-channel drivers.  I would expect you could have the switch wired in series with either channel but it wouldn't be at full power unless you had that channel all the way up.

I did get sound and FoC on both Manticores, and then later sent them back for emerald upgrades.  I bought them before the emerald driver came out. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »

I'm not sure what effect 2-channel has on the AV switch, have only gotten the 4-channel drivers.  I would expect you could have the switch wired in series with either channel but it wouldn't be at full power unless you had that channel all the way up.

I did get sound and FoC on both Manticores, and then later sent them back for emerald upgrades.  I bought them before the emerald driver came out.  

I have a Scorpion with the two channel RG Emerald driver and illuminated AV switch in series with the Red channel.  UltraSabers setup this saber with blade pulse on.  When the blade color pulses Red, the AV switch illumination fades to off.  The rest of the time the AV switch is illuminated Red.  The FOC color is full Green, and when it flashes, the AV switch is illuminated Red.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:02:48 PM by cstoehr » Logged

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

junkeez
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2015, 09:56:28 AM »

I received this Dark Initiate LE V4 w/ Dark Catalyst pommel in the mail a few days ago and can't find a single problem with it. Until now my Bellicose had always been my favourite hilt but this is so well balanced and steady and it's not too heavy. It's the first part of a staff that I'm going to be making using two of these with the grips wrapped in yellow leather to match. The colour is amazing and the windows in the emitter are just so nice. I was sceptical about the shorter initiate hilt before but I can't fault it in the slightest and the Dark Catalyst pommel makes it a perfect length in my opinion.

Sabers Owned:
Dominix V3 AB
Bellicose VA
Dark Initiate V4 SY x2
Dark Menace BR
Custom Apprentice V4 AB

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2015, 02:36:33 PM »

Is that Sentinel Yellow?  (Or AS w/ filters?)

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

junkeez
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2015, 09:04:14 PM »

Is that Sentinel Yellow?  (Or AS w/ filters?)

It is indeed Sentinel Yellow. It's easily my new favourite saber colour!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix V3 AB
Bellicose VA
Dark Initiate V4 SY x2
Dark Menace BR
Custom Apprentice V4 AB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #352 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:02 PM »

Very nice!  I am a fan of both the V4 Dark Initiates and SY.  It looks great with the Catalyst pommel too.   Welcome to the Yellow Legion.  Cool

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2015, 03:39:32 PM »

I have a new entry for The Yellow Legion.

Dark War Glaive in Golden Yellow (R255 G255 A255)

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

pvcaddict
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -12

Welcome to Empire Market.

« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »

Here's my entry into the Yellow Legion! Dominix LE V4

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2015, 01:06:00 AM »

I finally found a good photo of the commissioned work I did a few years ago. This was for a client, he ended up loving it, its posted in other parts of the Forum, but it was like 3 years ago...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »

I finally found a good photo of the commissioned work I did a few years ago. This was for a client, he ended up loving it, its posted in other parts of the Forum, but it was like 3 years ago...

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TEEDA
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2015, 09:50:33 PM »

Little video sample of the Yellow setting I took from the forum in one of the main thread about the colors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbE_r2pXjFM
Love it it's really bright !

Am A gray jedi.....Well a light gray....Kyle Katarn is my mentor lol.

Trezl
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #358 on: December 09, 2015, 11:55:13 PM »

Finally got a couple decent pictures with the wife's good camera of my new Initiate v4 LE.  I love the color!

Initiate LE v4 (Sentinel Yellow)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2015, 01:41:32 AM »

Nice. Seems US has finally perfected SY color?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: