Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Nero's Luke ROTJ customized by Ultra!  (Read 7802 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« on: July 11, 2011, 10:12:20 PM »

First off, let me correct myself... I think "perfected" is more appropriate than "customized."  Pardon me for this @$$ kissing but it's gonna have to continue, because he really outdid himself on this one.

Note:  I put this review in customizations since the saber itself isn't really an Ultrasabers product, moderators feel free to correct me and move it where you see fit if necessary.

As some of you know, I sent in a 2005 MR Luke ROTJ converted force fx saber to Ultra a little while back.  I was having issues with the soundboard among other things, possibly due to issues created by the former user who did the conversion himself.  To my delight, not only did Ultra fix my saber, but he made it way better!  The soundboard was having all sorts of issues, so he put the new Obsidian board in as a replacement.  Let me tell you, this board is pretty awesome - the sound is clear and crisp and responsive.

Furthermore, he decided to add more features such as an in hilt recharge system and accent LEDs!  As he put it, he "had his artistic freedom with it."  Here's my advice people:  if Ultra is looking to play around with your saber artistically like this, LET HIM DO IT!  I sent in a broken essentially useless saber and received in return a customized, Obsidian equipped weapon which is up to Ultrasabers level of quality.

Here are some pics to show it off a bit - video would be better but until my girlfriend gets home I am without a cameraman, and I really wanted to show this saber off in action!

I truly apologize to Ultra for these pictures - they do not in any way do this saber justice (especially the accent LEDs).  As soon as I possibly can I will get a video up here, so you can see what it's really like in action!

Let me know if you want to see anything else!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »

The saber is truly beautiful!  I forced Nero to video chat with me on Skype so I could hear the thing and see it "in person."  Really amazing stuff!  Congrats to you sir and enjoy!  When next we meet sound we will have!

Cheers!  Grin

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »

Awesome! I am totally jealous.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 12:22:40 AM »

Awesome! I am totally jealous.

Indeed  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

You Have A Beautiful Saber Indeed Brother Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32:32 AM »

Thanks guys!  And here is a little video I took of me going around my apartment showing off the saber FPS style.  Reminds me of Dark Forces II:  Jedi Knight when you have the lightsaber in 1st person mode.  Silly, but kinda neat.  Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTPUV5VYbxE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTPUV5VYbxE</a>

P.S.  Pardon my filthy house.  We just got back from vacation and I hung out with Artorius yesterday instead of cleaning up.  Blame him! lol

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 12:37:30 AM »

Good Lord can I come back over now?!  And don't blame it on me!  Mind tricks don't work on someone as stubborn as you!  Besides the gf didn't leave a list!

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 12:52:30 AM »

Excellent conversion! Functional triangle LED's in the control box FTW!

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 38

Logan Salazar - Tengen Toppa Angel X - Ultra 2

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »

Ima cry anyone who's ever been around me when I watch SW knows that that Luke is my favorite saber design from the movies EVER. That is one beauty ya got there. treat her right xD

"Beneath the light....comes judgement!" - Cecil Harvey

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

Prophecy - Consular Green
MR Darth Maul (converted)
MR Luke ROTJ (converted)
ForceFX Luke ESB Black Series
Catalyst - Diamond Controller

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 04:31:05 AM »

Nice Vid. I was sitting there watching it, pretending to use a game controller! Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »

Haha it's neat right?  I was just goofing around with my phone camera and saber, and I realized the first person view was kinda cool so I decided to put it up here.  Gonna saber a bit with my gf tonight I think maybe I'll get some more pics!

@Tengen - Thanks man!  It is a beauty.  It feels cool to have a very unique, customized Luke ROTJ saber - especially with Obsidian sound!

While I love this saber, it only makes me want another Obsidian equipped beauty now.  What is it with these things?  Why can't you just buy one and be happy?  Touche to Ultrasabers for making saber collecting an addiction.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »

cool vid! that saber looks awesome. the obsidian soundboard is great

darth nicromonia
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -39

Embrace The Dark Side

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »

That is an amazing vid and great job on the saber, looks great Wink

Archon: Guardian Blue

Gchu149
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 07:31:41 AM »

I saw this saber in person when Ultra brought it to a GGK meeting and it was niiice. And the P4 green in it is super bright and a really nice color too.

Gchu149 of fx-sabers
"Darth" of SMHS Jazz band

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »

I saw this saber in person when Ultra brought it to a GGK meeting and it was niiice. And the P4 green in it is super bright and a really nice color too.

Thanks for the praise man!  I love having a really unique weapon, it definitely feels good.  And you're right, the P4 green is very nice!

Btw, not to brag or anything but now that Ultra has his XSabers site with an option to submit payment, I used that to pay him... which technically makes me the FIRST customer ever of the Custom Saber Operations division!!! Cheesy  I'm so proud!  Thanks a bunch Ultra!

Abate
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Dark side points please

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 05:32:05 PM »

So other then cheapo wal mart toys I've never played with any MR sabers so i have to ask how do you guys get used to the box switch thing ? also that is a nice saber you have there I'm pretty jealous

Prophecy Ce Guardian Blue /Le Blazing Red Staff
Dark Liberator Violet Amethyst/SI Blazing Red Staff
Dark War Glaive quick disc
Bane Obsidian quick disc
Dark Shock Obsidian Pyrestone Orange

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: