Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Sizes  (Read 1677 times)
Darth Vehement
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« on: July 23, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »

New here and I was just wandering if Ultrasabers does custom blade sizes. A 36' blade out of a 13' handle may be a bit much, and I was thinking a 30' might have an interesting dueling balance.

Are custom blade sizes possible?

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »

I have had Deep cut my a 36" blade back to 32" so I see no reason why he wouldn't be willing to cut back to 30.  Only thing to consider is that the length indicates how long it is without a hilt.  Once you insert the blade into the hilt you loose between 2 and 4 inches depending on the saber you purchase.  So a saber with a 36"  might only have 33" of actual blade showing.

Summary:  Yes, when you order there will be a comment box usually on the delivery page.  Just put down in that box that you want the blade cut back and to what length.

M.A.V.

Darth Vehement
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »

Thanks so much! I have a Bane on the way. When it gets here, I will get a feel on how long the blade should be and go from there on my next purchase.

Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »

The bane is a big saber I would defo go for a 36" blade on that one, I dont think a smaller blade would look right on it Wink However I am sure Deep will cut it any size you want, but as M.A.V.
said on hilts the blade goes in further, leaving a shorter exposed length of blade.

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »

The bane is a big saber I would defo go for a 36" blade on that one, I dont think a smaller blade would look right on it Wink However I am sure Deep will cut it any size you want, but as M.A.V.
said on hilts the blade goes in further, leaving a shorter exposed length of blade.

Agreed. I have a Bane & the blade sits down in the emitter about 2 in. In my opinion the Bane would look a little weird with a blade shorter than a 36", but hey it's your saber...do what you want!  Grin

Also, congrats on getting the Bane...it's an EPIC saber!!  Cool

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »

That is quite the hilt you're getting!  But I agree with Artorius, the 32" blade is pretty solid as an alternative to the 36" one.  Really you could get any size you like, one of my blades is actually 34" or so I believe and I quite like it.  Experiment with different sizes and see what you like before you order - you could get dowels or something cheap like that and cut it down to try them out.

Darth Vehement
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »

WELL I JUST RECEIVED MY BANE AND IT'S THE SH!T! Poor Jedis... I got 1 standard mid blade and an ultra mid to compare on the RGB to see what blade would suit the color i settle on. my girlfriend like ultra edge. I like standard. i like them both really. the 36 looks perfect in it! I have a couple of MFX sabers to compare length. the FX are about 2 inches shorter. so i don't think i'll go less than 34 if i decide to cut.

-Vehement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: