Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New to Ultrasaber and have a question about my first saber.  (Read 7805 times)
Lonjr77
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:58 AM »

This is my first one and I think I have the one I want but have a few questions.  I am looking at the Raven saber w/adegan silver blade UE blade. I want sound and apparently you have to have the obsidian USD sound to get it. I m going to do the SS edition regarding the pommel and claw. I added the quick disconnet(not sure how that helps, but looks like it is a good move - info on this would be nice). gonna stick with the round tip. I am thinking of adding the blade plug - is it worth it?  on the covertec clip - how does it work and where do they put it on the hilt - is it worth it? and can I install it, or is it better to just have it done from the start. also I am prob gonna get a second of this saber and make a double bladed saber. Is it possible to do with this saber, or does it work only with the ones they have listed that way?  also i see the RGB blades and they look nice, but dont know if i want to do that, can i add that one later?  if not how difficult is it to get another blade color later if i want some variation?  this is a costume blade so i will not be fighting with it.   I have almost all of the master replica sabers and hasbro sabers also, i dont want just another of the standard colors.    I say a pic of the silver w/UE and it lookied like a light purple, it that the camera pic, i do know that is an issue with trying to put the colors on here as many posts already have stated it, just most reference other colors?  any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 12:52:03 AM »

Well, let's see what I can answer:

1. Yes, the Quick Disconnects can be a good idea. They're used to switch the LED units, so you can switch between different colors. It's cheaper than RGB if you only want one or two extra colors, and you can have colors that the RGB isn't able to make(SRD, DVA, PO, etc).

2. The Blade Plug is useful for when you show off your saber without the blade, since it protects the eyes against the powerful LED. Also, it looks pretty neat.

3. The Convertec Wheel serves to attach your saber to a Convertec Clip, which goes on your belt. That way you can easily carry your saber around. The place where it is installed has to be specified by you, just say where in the saber you want it placed at and they'll do it.

4. Yes, all MHS compatible sabers can be made into a double-bladed one, just make sure to buy the MHS coupler(with vents if you have sound).

5. The RGB is not a blade, all blades are transparent/white. It's the LED that makes the colors, and the RGB LED provides 7 different colors, controlled by 3 switches. It would be quite hard to have it installed later, so you have to choose between it and the Quick Disconnects.

6. The Adegan Silver can turn a bit pinkish on UE blades, and when it's the Silver made by a RGB saber. I would reccomend the normal Mid Grade blade instead.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 01:33:52 AM »

Raven with DVA led

Raven with Blade plug

for a visual.

dark side points please

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »

the Adegan Silver LED is a white LED. It will always show up white whether in the UE or standard blades.

The blade plug is most definitely worth it. I have found that people almost always point the saber directly into their face and turn it on. This happened much more often without the plug, I think because people want to see what the gaping hole has inside. Then they would turn it on and blind themselves. With the blade plug, it offers their curious mind an instant answer to what is there, because... it's right there, and they see it, so they don't try to "look down the barrel" so to speak. Plus if they do it blocks most of the light, at least the direct light, from the eye so they don't get zapped. And last but not least, it makes the saber look like it is legit! Instead of looking down into the saber and seeing an LED down there, you just see this metal thing and some clear-ish stuff and it makes you feel like "this thing is real". (that is the most common thing people say when they look at my sabers with the plugs in.

Wow, that was more answer than I thought it would be.. sorry, but yes, get a plug. Cheesy

If your second saber is going to be one with the Quick Disconnect option as well, I would get it on both and then you'll be able to trade MLS (modular LED system) units between them. Lets say you get an Overlord next. You get it in Blazing Red and have QDs. Your Raven is in AS and it has the QDs also. You can now switch them and your Overlord is in AS and your Raven is in BR. and if you buy another MLS unit you can have even more options. (I think that would actually be a pretty cool looking staff as well, one side with claws one with a smoother look, but both with black and silver... mmm-MMm!)

The raven doesn't come with a Covertec wheel attached so you'll have to say where you want it. do you want the claws to hang down, or be pointed up? (down is probably more comfortable..) do you want one claw or two next to your leg. I think two would be more comfortable since they would sort of "straddle" your leg while the one would rub directly against it. Now how far up or down the hilt do you want it? I think it would hang best if it was centered between the second and third silver bands from the pommel and in line with the cutout in the emitter (or in other words centered between two claws). I wouldn't put it in line with the activation button though.. so pick left or right of the switch. (i'm right handed so I would pick left of the switch so it's out of the way for my left hand when gripping the bottom portion of the hilt.) I like wearing my sabers, I think it's cool how many people ask me about it, and it starts a lot of conversations, so I think it is worth it. you would need to get a clip to wear on your belt, just adding the wheel on the hilt won't include the clip for your belt, but it's a high quality one and works great.

Cameras pick up colors differently, and sometimes are biased to red or blue a little. The Color of AS is white, not purple, but when you order AS it will come with some color discs so you can mix and match and play with those to get other colors for yourself, it just makes it a tiny bit dimmer when you do.

You are going to love your Ultrasaber. I have six (seven hilts... the phantom splits into two) now. I love these things, each are a little different, handle and feel different, but they are all awesome.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:31:05 AM by Akos_Amun » Logged

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Lonjr77
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »

Thanks for all the tips.
I did forget one question and that is regaurding the flash on Clash.  since i will be using it with a costume, is it worth having for show or just bypassing for now, the extra $30 for it makes me wonder?

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »

Thanks for all the tips.
I did forget one question and that is regaurding the flash on Clash.  since i will be using it with a costume, is it worth having for show or just bypassing for now, the extra $30 for it makes me wonder?

If you're using the saber with the blade on, then I say get it. The look of awe on people's faces when the saber changes color upon hit is priceless Grin

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »

if you do go with a flash, get a flash that is a mix color, like SRD, SY, BH, PO, AB, or VA, not red green or blue, because when you use color discs it will do cool things with the flash. (I think I would go with SY or VA, VA would give a sort of force lightning look)

*sound

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 92

If you want a costume PLEASE message me on Etsy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 02:58:41 AM »

This is my first one and I think I have the one I want but have a few questions.  I am looking at the Raven saber w/adegan silver blade UE blade. I want sound and apparently you have to have the obsidian USD sound to get it. I m going to do the SS edition regarding the pommel and claw. I added the quick disconnet(not sure how that helps, but looks like it is a good move - info on this would be nice). gonna stick with the round tip. I am thinking of adding the blade plug - is it worth it?  on the covertec clip - how does it work and where do they put it on the hilt - is it worth it? and can I install it, or is it better to just have it done from the start. also I am prob gonna get a second of this saber and make a double bladed saber. Is it possible to do with this saber, or does it work only with the ones they have listed that way?  also i see the RGB blades and they look nice, but dont know if i want to do that, can i add that one later?  if not how difficult is it to get another blade color later if i want some variation?  this is a costume blade so i will not be fighting with it.   I have almost all of the master replica sabers and hasbro sabers also, i dont want just another of the standard colors.    I say a pic of the silver w/UE and it lookied like a light purple, it that the camera pic, i do know that is an issue with trying to put the colors on here as many posts already have stated it, just most reference other colors?  any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alright I'm going to just list this out to make it easy to read...

The Raven is a good choice, also you can remove the claws and just have none, one, two, three or all four on at a time. Just figure that the SSE Raven with the claws is around 22" and if you get a second one to make a staff (more on that later) your looking at about 48" just in saber hilt length.

Silver blade is nice, if you get the color filters, they are like $2-$3 you can change the color of your blade. Though they wont be as bright as that color LED.

Obsidian soundboards are sweet, you can change every sound and mix and match them. Just make sure if you don't already have one you order a Mini USB cord from US.

The Quick Disconnect or QD is nice because you can just order a new LED from US (UltraSabers) and plug the new color in.

You can't add the RBG later, but if your getting the QD you can just get a different color LED and change them out. But you do have to pick one or the other RGB or QD

Here is from the FAQ:

"Quick Disconnect is an option offered with sabers that use the MLS (Modular LED System) unit to house the LED. This option allows you to remove the MLS unit and replace it with one of a different color. Additional MLS units are sold here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/mls.htm

This option does NOT work with the RGB color selection, only with single color sabers. Please do not select Quick Disconnect with the RGB color option." ~ http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=21#289

Here is an image of my saber with the covertec wheel and clip.

The covertec wheel is what is on your saber that you use to clip it on to your covertec clip, the covertec clip clips onto your belt. And its worth it and better have them do it.

No, you can make ANY MHS compatible hilt a saberstaff you just need the right coupler. As for making a Raven saberstaff, keep in mind that unless your 7 foot tall a SSE Raven Saberstaff with longer blades than 24" (the 24" blades might look odd) your looking at a 6.5-7' saberstaff. And something that tall is going to be a pain to fight with.

As for colors, trying to photograph lightsaber colors is a royal pain. But here on US there are 3 colors that are custom order only and cost $10 more. (I myself ordered Bane's Heart and love it)

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

But all the colors are

Adegan Silver
Fire Orange -Orange
Guardian Blue - Classic Jedi Color
Consular Green - Classic Jedi Color
Blazing Red - Classic Sith Color
Violet Amethyst -$5 - Mace Windu's Saber Color
Arctic Blue - $5 - Ice Blue
SunRider's Destiny - $5 - Teal

If your looking for a different color I would get either the Arctic Blue, SunRider's Destiney (SYD), or Fire Orange. Now if you want to order a forum color they are all nice colors as well just $10 more.

As for the flash on clash, I'm not a fan of it, it looks more like a strobe light, but that's jut my opinion.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8652.0

3rd video down, time stamp about 4 minutes. He has the flash on clash with silver.  

I hope that answers everything.

If I where you this is how I would order my SSE Raven if money wasn't a worry....

Blade LED Color:Sun Rider's Destiny
Blade Option:UltraEdge
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & Universal Charger Included)
Sound:Yes, Obsidian USB Sound! (Obsidian Inductee Price)
Claw Version:SS Edition
Flash on Clash:No Flash
Pommel Version:SS Edition
Quick Disconnect:Sure, Add Them!
Blade Tip::Round Tip
Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!
Include Blade Plug:Yes
Include Covertec Clip:Yes!
Install Covertec Wheel:Yes. Specify location in comments ($10 install + $4 covertec)

$318.50 with out shipping

Honestly Flash on clash is pretty if your going to be dueling with your saber in front of people but if your just taking pics with it. Its not wroth the extra money...to me at lest.

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

For Costume Information: http://etsy.com/shop/aetherealdesigns
For Ęthereal Designs Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:54 AM »

color discs come with the AS blades if i'm not mistaken, and the raven has 3 not 4 claws. I did see someone who turned the claws around and had them on upside down and it looked pretty cool. I don't know if they were the SS or standard length... cool idea though.

also, there are 4 forum colors. Sentinel Yellow, Dark Violet Amethyst, Bane's Heart, and Pyrestone Orange. here's what they look like and how to get them. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0 please note that not everyone gets exactly the same color. One SY might be golden yellow, and another might be canary yellow.. just sort of depends.. also, the PO is more orange than the picture shows, but that too can fluctuate. I haven't heard of much variation with the DVA and BH, they seem to be very consistent. I have SY and PO and I really want DVA.. some day... some day.

*sound

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 92

If you want a costume PLEASE message me on Etsy

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 07:51:01 AM »

color discs come with the AS blades if i'm not mistaken, and the raven has 3 not 4 claws. I did see someone who turned the claws around and had them on upside down and it looked pretty cool. I don't know if they were the SS or standard length... cool idea though.

also, there are 4 forum colors. Sentinel Yellow, Dark Violet Amethyst, Bane's Heart, and Pyrestone Orange. here's what they look like and how to get them. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0 please note that not everyone gets exactly the same color. One SY might be golden yellow, and another might be canary yellow.. just sort of depends.. also, the PO is more orange than the picture shows, but that too can fluctuate. I haven't heard of much variation with the DVA and BH, they seem to be very consistent. I have SY and PO and I really want DVA.. some day... some day.

Your right it has only 3, I wasn't paying attention when I said that. Oops. ^^;

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

For Costume Information: http://etsy.com/shop/aetherealdesigns
For Ęthereal Designs Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

RIPAnakinSolo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

Force Points Please

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 02:53:54 PM »

Raven with DVA led

Raven with Blade plug

for a visual.

I love that color. This is probably the best DVA picture I have seen on the entire forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: