Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1135944 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4485 on: May 03, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »

Metallica - Leper Messiah
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRs4DCpLKs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRs4DCpLKs</a>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4486 on: May 03, 2017, 11:25:52 PM »

300th page.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4487 on: May 05, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 last night - it was sooooooooooooooo GOOD! Go see it!

(not to mention we had these seats in the Cinemark XD (like IMAX) theater, so kind of the BEST way to see a movie, too  Cool  Totally getting these seats for Star Wars 8, too):

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4488 on: May 05, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 last night - it was sooooooooooooooo GOOD! Go see it!

(not to mention we had these seats in the Cinemark XD (like IMAX) theater, so kind of the BEST way to see a movie, too  Cool  Totally getting these seats for Star Wars 8, too):

That's what I sat in for Rogue One.  Pretty awesome.  Cool

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4489 on: May 05, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »

Got these too. They are the best friggin thing at the movies since popcorn.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4490 on: May 05, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »

That's what I sat in for Rogue One.  Pretty awesome.  Cool

Got these too. They are the best friggin thing at the movies since popcorn.

You guys know I'm talkin' bout!  Cheesy

Feels like a MAJOR downgrade when you have to go watch a movie in "regular" seats now. They're a hot item, though, so you've got to reserve them in advance. Still, we bought ours at the last minute and though we were at the top and to the right, the view was still spectacular. You get so much personal space around you, like your own booth.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4491 on: May 06, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »

Here you guys go,new song by him =] These kinds of guys should be explored more

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlgyMwCPU5Y&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlgyMwCPU5Y&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4492 on: May 06, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »

-1 Zren. Smiley

But...who's "HIM"?  He's good.
(cool axe too)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4493 on: May 06, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »

Can someone attempt to explain to me why a greater majority of the men on this Forum that actually contribute and perhaps in general, really like metal and heavy metal music.  Aside from that pounding beat and a few notable riffs... what's the deal with the words and eardrum breaking coarse yelling, growling.  I can't even classify it as singing even though they are belters.  That Metallica group is a prime example and they have a huge following of fans.  

And this includes that questionable Christian group that Calon listens to. How can a person possibly feel good in a healthy way after all that jarring noise that is meant to agitate/grate upon one's nerves and cause a temporary state of unnatural excitement/high ?!

To be clear, one's personal preference is exactly that... but I am really curious what positive effects a person, both M/F gets from listening to what for me is darker toxic garbage regardless of the context/content of the words.  Won't get into the scientific studies, mental/physical health, lifestyles, etc.  I am not criticizing others for their choice but really want to understand it more.  What are you hearing and feeling that I am not that is pleasurable for you ?

So thanks for any sharing and you don't need to defend your choice... just inform me about this kind of... well I can't even call it music but I acknowledge that the performers can be very skillful.

But more power to you if this is your thing and it makes you feel good/great/empowered/stronger.  Smiley  

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4494 on: May 06, 2017, 05:32:36 PM »

Can someone attempt to explain to me why a greater majority of the men on this Forum that actually contribute and perhaps in general, really like metal and heavy metal music.  Aside from that pounding beat and a few notable riffs... what's the deal with the words and eardrum breaking coarse yelling, growling.  I can't even classify it as singing even though they are belters.  That Metallica group is a prime example and they have a huge following of fans.  

And this includes that questionable Christian group that Calon listens to. How can a person possibly feel good in a healthy way after all that jarring noise that is meant to agitate/grate upon one's nerves and cause a temporary state of unnatural excitement/high ?!

To be clear, one's personal preference is exactly that... but I am really curious what positive effects a person, both M/F gets from listening to what for me is darker toxic garbage regardless of the context/content of the words.  Won't get into the scientific studies, mental/physical health, lifestyles, etc.  I am not criticizing others for their choice but really want to understand it more.  What are you hearing and feeling that I am not that is pleasurable for you ?

So thanks for any sharing and you don't need to defend your choice... just inform me about this kind of... well I can't even call it music but I acknowledge that the performers can be very skillful.

But more power to you if this is your thing and it makes you feel good/great/empowered/stronger.  Smiley  

It most certainly is music, because, to use your own words, "the performers can be very skillful" - it takes talent.  It's not just thrashing on guitars and beating on drums.  It follows metered time bang on, and notes have the correct values.  In fact, there are a number of metal bands who have added orchestras to back their music, and the sheet music can easily be transcribed.

What doesn't require much talent, if any - IMO - is electro/techno music.  Sample someone else's real music (often Sting), add a drum machine and a few synthesised notes, and read a poem - plus, if your voice sucks, you can just modulate it as well.  To me, that's garbage, but yet it has a massive following...

I honestly think that non-fans of metal, just can't hear past the noise.  Try just listening to the lead guitar, or bass line...It'll catch ya. Wink

Back to orchestras:
Apocalyptica - One
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0</a>

(that's nothing but four cellos - that's right - four classically trained cellists preforming a Metallica tune - including the vocal melody. Tongue)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4495 on: May 06, 2017, 05:43:05 PM »

Thank Rapine for your view point.  Smiley

And for you and the other head bangers ( correct terminology ? ) or is that for punk rockers... here's two of my fav fellas... the 2Cellos.  Cheesy

... got to watch through each video and tell me what you think  Tongue

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGggAGITwg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGggAGITwg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk</a>

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4496 on: May 06, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »

AWESOME!!

Those two are good. Smiley

I want to point out as well, that Steve Vai is a guitar GOD! Extremely talented.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4497 on: May 06, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »

I just like heavy music because its the type of guitar I play, or try to anyway. Gives me ideas and stuff. But that dude has a full album out now too so. I think he just goes by Matty M, not like an official band name. he usually just does solo guitar playthroughs like the other djent guys out there. My favorite right now still has to be August Burns Red though. i like their rhythm guitar playing. Their a christian metalcore band but is good at it for once. If I had to pick a favorite album it'd have to be Leveler and Messengers too <3

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4498 on: May 06, 2017, 06:52:43 PM »

This is such an awesome video with the 2Cellos again and they are older.  Perhaps I like rock music but not most of that type of " singing " that goes with it.  Beethoven may have been the Rocker of his generation.  Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8yymm3DtVA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8yymm3DtVA</a>

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4499 on: May 06, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »

Really like Cage the Elephant
Another good song from them, kinda my new anthem for Everytime I go to the psych appt

http://youtu.be/Ehm2SUYQbQI

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: