Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My Bellicose Review!  (Read 15988 times)
Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« on: July 22, 2011, 06:02:13 PM »

That's right everyone.  Yours truly has his Bellicose, and I must say I AM IN LOVE!

Pulled it out of the box and turned it on.  This is my first saber with sound and lord am I proud to own her.  The Hilt is no where near as heavy as I thought it might be. very reasonable weight.  The Mid Grade Blade currently on it (Plan to upgrade to a UEHG) seems a little light by comparisson but that's not a complaint!  I went with Arctic Blue, blue button and AV switch.

Pictures, if you please:
Hilt

Full shot

Hilt while on

Same in full shot

Here's a vid:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuMkxNB_Lk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuMkxNB_Lk</a>

This saber meets my expectations perfectly.  I give it a solid 10/10.  Only thing to improve is if I could get the obsidian software to run on my Mac.  Other than that, I'm gonna charge me some batteries and have fun with this saber tonight!

Cheers.

M.A.V.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »

Truly a beauty.  I think you're the first to review the Bellicose too, so congrats on that!

Now we just have to make some Obsidian powered dueling vids Wink

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:02 PM »

That is one nice saber, in precisely the color I was thinking of getting! Too bad you have to get sound to get the anti-vandal switch, that thing looks sweet.
I'm gonna go with the red button though, it will look better with the costume I'm planning.
Do you find the convertech knob gets in the way where it is? I would worry that it might, being so high on the hilt.

darth vulkaan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

dark side points please!

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »

Oh man i am so excited mine just came in the mail!!!! I will do a review soon

We are but shadow's of the force.  We must destroy the light if there is to be complete darkness.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »

Do you find the convertech knob gets in the way where it is? I would worry that it might, being so high on the hilt.

It does for me, but it's easy to remove and actually provides another small hole for the sound to come out of the hilt.  You can feel the sound humming against your palm.  All you need is a 9/64 inch hex wrench to take it off.

Really, can't tell you guys how much I love this saber!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »

Very Very Impressive Master Artorius Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely gonna have to get one of these, though I am thinking of going with a (copper/or gold button), Short Grooves on the Pommel, and a Guardian Blue Blade (I Love The Royal Blue That You Get With The Guardian Color These Days).

This will probably be the saber, I go ahead and get a AV Blue switch with as well Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!! (as well as My Counselor  Wink )

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

Nice Saber Master Art! Enjoy, and thanks for sharing your review with us.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »

Ha, miiine looks better (kicks rock with shoe), just hasn't been shipped yet Sad    Good review!  Mines the same except with Guardian Blue.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:51:50 PM »

Dude... that's awesome! Your review totally changed my mind on the Bellicose! That Arctic Blue kind of looks like Guardian Blue though... but that's probably just the pictures.

Oh and I have only one question: Can I have it?  Grin

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 04:55:22 AM »

Nice man I've been wanting to see a review of this saber.  Smiley

KettTares
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 06:53:04 AM »

I'm always a sucker for Starkiller-style sabers and the Bellicose certainly delivers!  I'm a firm believer that any saber equipped with the Obsidian soundboard will be a saber you will treasure for a long time...a long time ^\^

Ultrasabers SI - Guardian Blue
Ultrasabers SI - Sunrider's Destiny
Ultrasabers Initiate V2 - Consular Green
Ultrasabers Aeon - Consular Green

Darth Morttas
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -36

I am a warrior of the sith, a bringer of death.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »

Hey! Sweet saber! I was looking at the bellicose for my second saber (first one with sound) and was wondering how the blade holder works out. Do you like it?

Peace is a lie.  There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »

I love the blade holder, and it's function became instantly clear to me:

When you have a standard hilt, the blade goes in and a little hex screw pins it in place.  As a side effect that screw also tends to put a little tilt on the blade, as it's being pinned at an angle,  the blade holder is a piece of metal that holds the blade straight up and down and fits into the hilt straight up and down thereby ensuring that your blade doesn't tilt.

Summary: BLADE HOLDER GOOD!  ME LIKEY!!!

M.A.V.

Daishi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »

It does for me, but it's easy to remove and actually provides another small hole for the sound to come out of the hilt.  You can feel the sound humming against your palm.  All you need is a 9/64 inch hex wrench to take it off.

Really, can't tell you guys how much I love this saber!

You don't really need to... I feel the same just from watching the vid x_x... I honestly don't know if I'll last the week... Next thursday so close but yet so far~

Slaide
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 06:30:36 PM »

Smoking saber! You'll definitely enjoy that Obsidian, i'm sure anybody else here that owns one can tell you it ROCKS. I'm running a mac too so i know how your feeling with the software, thankfully the default Obsidian font sounds awesome. Props on Arctic blue with the AV switch as well, it's a stunning combo in person pictures definitely don't do it justice. Tongue

Catalyst- Blazing Red

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: