Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pokemon X and Y versions announced for October.  (Read 5178 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84pf5EgsgE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84pf5EgsgE</a>

Nintendo has finally pulled the curtain off of the big Pokemon announcement that it has been teasing since last week, and it’s as substantial as many fans have been hoping for. 3DS owners can now expect the first pair of games to land on their handheld later this year in the form of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. These titles will kick off the sixth generation of core Pokemon adventure games, and they’ll be ditching the all too familiar 2D sprites in favour of fully 3D characters, areas, and creatures.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are the first ever installments in the immensely popular franchise to abandon the use of a color in the title, opting instead to utilize letters from the alphabet. To accompany the new method of naming games, there will also be several never before seen creatures inhabiting the new world that this sixth generation takes place in. Five (including the classic fire, water, and grass starters) have been revealed thus far, and they’ll likely be met with scrutiny by fans in the same fashion that all new Pokemon traditionally are.

Gamers can look forward to choosing from the grass-type Chespin, the fire-type Fennekin, or the water-type Froakie when they boot up their copies for the first time. Meanwhile, after glancing at the two new legendary monsters (both of which are currently without a name), it becomes obvious that each creature is shaped after the letter featured prominently at the end of each title.

While the legendaries don’t look all that intimidating, the debut trailer for Pokemon X and Y certainly does a great job highlighting the new 3D battles that can be found in the games; something that players have desired for a long time. Even the unnamed world on display during the footage helps paint the picture that this is a very different adventure than what followers of the franchise have grown accustomed to.

Another first for the series that’ll be occurring with Pokemon X and Y is that the games are scheduled to launch around the world this October. Pokemon fans across the globe have grown to expect Pocket Monster titles to be available in Japan for several months before making their way overseas, but now trainers all over the world can jump right into the action at roughly the same time.

Stay tuned to Game Rant to catch more details on the newly announced Pokemon X and Pokemon Y as soon as they’re revealed.

Source: http://gamerant.com/pokemon-x-y-trailer/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:43:11 AM »

I haven't payed much attention to the Pokemon Franchise in awhile, and haven't bought a new copy of the franchise since Ruby Red (or maybe it was Diamond, whichever came after the other). Weirdly, even though the games are roughly the same and I have yet to get any Pokemon up to 100 (though tons of 60+ and 70s), I'm kind of interested in this. I just REALLY don't want to buy a 3DS for a single game though. That's how I got my Nintendo DS afterall.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:55:04 PM »

Yeah, the fact that I'd have to buy a DS is the only thing really turning me off to this. Otherwise I'd be totally on-board.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:48 PM »

Yeah, the fact that I'd have to buy a DS is the only thing really turning me off to this. Otherwise I'd be totally on-board.

What they need to do is release and MMO version of Pokemon.

Realized with full 3D rendered environments, character avatar customization plus everything from Pokemon ever.

I would pay to play that game.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:11 AM »

Realized with full 3D rendered environments, character avatar customization plus everything from Pokemon ever.

I would pay to play that game.
I'd be on board with this. As much as they've done, with online Pokemon battles with people around the world (I believe that was started with Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire), and now 3D renders, it shouldnt be that much of a difference. I'd definitely pay for this.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

Lord Zotwo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Torn between Light and Dark

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »

i found a way to play Gameboy advance games on my phone and started playing firered... hooked all over again haha

i always wanted a console version to play on my tv...

Zotew Zo2 Zote2 ZoII

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 06:41:08 PM »

Normally, I would disagree. I don't like how everything is being turned into an MMO these days. Games like Elder Scrolls, for example, are meant to be single-player only, otherwise they would just turn into WoW clones. However, for Pokemon, I could totally see it working. That is one project I would totally be on-board for. Imagine a game like Pokemon Colosseum, but as an MMO? Would be awesome.

i always wanted a console version to play on my tv...

There are the two N64 titles, the Gamecube titles, the Gameboy adapter thingie for the Gamecube (which can play Gameboy, Color, Advance titles), etc.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 06:20:22 AM »

Been wanting it for so long, but sadly still finishing Black 2 and White 2, but new Graphics. Also already have a 3Ds, but might buy a second for this.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Lord Zotwo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Torn between Light and Dark

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »

i'll have to look in to getting a gamecube ha!

Zotew Zo2 Zote2 ZoII

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »

i'll have to look in to getting a gamecube ha!

Good choice Wink

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 10:35:28 PM »

I know they're running out of ideas for Pokemon and I don't know why they want to release a new generation. Honestly, the starter Pokemon have been getting more and more lame since after Ruby and Sapphire. The first 3 gens of Pokemon will always be my favorite! I'd really be on board for an mmo instead of a new single player with a new set of lame excuses for Pokemon, though there are a few exceptions with every series. Palkia, Dialga, and Girantina were some of the most threatening and amazing Legendaries I have ever witnessed!

My point is there are some very strange, and wrong ideas for Pokemon out there, such as the ghost turning into appliances, the ice cream thing, the candle/chandelier thing, the knights, and many more.

I'm content with just ending the franchise now, but maybe not. Utilizing the ones we have now and making the MMO would be the perfect way to take Pokemon to a whole new experience!

Favorite 3 starters are Swampert, Feraligator, and Charizard!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »

I would also be on board for a Pokemon MMO. I always thought that the game was PERFECT for it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Alvalon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »

Meh. No MMO. But a remake of the Ruby, Saphire, and Emerald games would be very much appreciated. Gen 3 is my favorite, and Rayquaza is just about the greatest pokemon ever, IMO. Well, in appearances, anyway. Sill have to vote for good ol' fashioned Mew2 for most powerful.

No, I'm not one of those twits who whines about how Gen 1 is the greatest and to chaos with everything else, I just like Gen 3 and Mew2. Closely followed by Gen 2.

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

Personally I'm not sure if I would want an MMO.  How do you handle NPC trainer battles -- do you let one person engage an NPC trainer on the road, while everyone else can pass by unhindered, or do you make it an instance trigger?  If you instance it, that's a LOT of instancing, far more than any other game to date.

Do you have auto-attack?  Do you have active-style combat?  How does the Pokemon dodge things -- do you just let the RNG have it, or do you actually have position control?
What happens if players engage in PvP battles?  Does the loser "white out" and lose half their money to the winner?  Is there a wager agreed upon when you start?  Or do you just have them fight it out for kicks?
Do you instance the Elite Four, or do you have it open?  If open is the case, are the Elite Four NPCs or are they actual players?  What about the League Champion?  Is he a player or an NPC? 

If they're all players, which would be better for player-inclusive games, what happens when someone wants to challenge the Elite Four and none of them are online?  Does the challenger win by default, or is he just not able to challenge them at all?
If they're all NPCs, how do you handle Champion status?  I mean, let's be honest, a thousand people running around with "League Champion" in their nameplate kind of nullifies the special nature of the title.

Or do you do it all Guild Wars style, where everything but towns is instanced, and it isn't necessarily what some might call a "true" MMO?

There's a lot of uncertainty with going the MMO route.  My friends all think a Pokemon MMO would be amazing, but I don't really think it would without an absolutely massive infrastructure and a killer dev team. I mean, I'd love to see someone who's up to the challenge take it on, but I don't know that it would go over as well as a single-player game.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »

Concept:

The entire world has converged into one piece of land because of *insert magical end-game Pokemon doing magical evil thing here* Because of the Pangaea effect, all of the Pokemon trainers are in one location. So this creates a mass shortage of Pokemon, since everyone is going around the same areas looking for them. Thus, Pokemon hide out in various locations, away from the trainers. Places like a spooky forest, or a cave, or something, and it'll work in the same way as raids do in WoW; except all of the battles will be turn-based so that you can use your Pokemon, and so that you can snatch up wild Pokemon. Players will run into these wild Pokemon, and the Pokemon will then immediately single out players from your party. That way, each party member can tackle a different Pokemon with their own group of Pokemon, as per tradition.

Okay, this is stupid, I'll stop.

But seriously, how the heck could you possibly make this work otherwise? lol.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: