Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultrasaber Purchase  (Read 1616 times)
Mega Cheesecake
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

May the Cake be with you.

« on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm looking to make my first purchase this week and wanted to post my option choices before I committed to them.
I have put in a fair amount of research watching the videos and reading through the forums to see what people are saying. I think it is pretty much fool proof but I would like it if some more experienced owners could just give me the nod to make sure I haven't done anything silly.

Fulcrum (Diamond), RGBW, XTAR VC2 Plus Charger, No Recharge Port, 36" Standard Blade, UltraEdge Heavy Grade, White Illuminated Black Switch, Round Tip, Gold Top Button, Black Activation Box, Circle Plug, Covertec Clip.

I haven't detailed the colour of the blade or flash as it's customisable. I have access to the USB Lead and Allen Key. Going to source my own wall mount. Sound is Diamond.

Any advice would be appreciated. Would be cool to get some feedback from people in the UK on shipping times & potential customs charges.

Cheers,

MC

I swear I had something for this.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »

That sounds awesome MC!

Looks good to me.  I should add that an RGBA LED makes better reds and oranges, obviously, so if you were going to do that more often, it might be something to consider.

An RGBA LED won't do white very well at all though.

There are a number of members who reside in the UK, who have had things shipped numerous times.  I'm certain that one will help you out.

James?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Mega Cheesecake
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »

Cheers for the quick reply Lord Rapine.

I did wonder why there was a choice for the third LED being orange. I like the idea of the white "unaffiliated" blade and will probably use it fairly often.

Really excited to get this ordered.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »

The RGBA option has a number of adherents here on the board but, as Rapine says, it doesn't do white well - a decent approximation is something like this:

That's an RGB hilt with all three lit up - the pinkish tinge isn't quite so evident in real life, but it's a pinkish off-white.

I go for RGBW myself - like you, I like a white blade (indeed, my Lost Grey's blade is tri-cree silver).

Shipping to the UK will likely be about $50/£40. No way around that, sadly. It'll take about 4-5 days to be with you on average - sometimes you can get lucky and shipping will occur over the weekend, which speeds things along. Sometimes it lands at the airport on Friday night and sits there until the following week Undecided

Customs charges will be about £10-15 on top. FedEx sometimes cover that themselves, sometimes put it direct on your credit card and sometimes send you an invoice. No way of predicting which it'll be, based on my purchases over the last year or so.

You look like you'll have a great 'sabre there. If it's your first order, one thing to be aware of is that the Fulcrum is pretty thick, so if you have smaller hands it may not be as comfortable to hold. If you're after more of a display piece, on the other hand, it will look fantastic Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Mega Cheesecake
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »

Hey James,

I'm impressed by how close to white you can get with an RGB. I was fearing a couple of week ship time so 4-5 days is fine.
My hands are pretty big and I always find larger necked guitars more comfortable so I'm thinking a thick hilt will be spot on  Smiley

Cheers for all the info I really appreciate it.

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 10:48:26 PM »

Fulcrum (Diamond), RGBW, XTAR VC2 Plus Charger, No Recharge Port, 36" Standard Blade, UltraEdge Heavy Grade, White Illuminated Black Switch, Round Tip, Gold Top Button, Black Activation Box, Circle Plug, Covertec Clip.

Did you ever end up ordering this? I placed my order this week and did *nearly* the exact same saber, but with the bronze button and UEMG blade. I got SRD for the blade color and silver FoC.

Fulcrum - Diamond RGBW; SRD w/ FoC AS
Curved Azure Reaper - Emerald RGBW; AB w/ FoC PO
Standard Issue Battle Saber V3- Stunt GB w/ blue guarded switch
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 - Stunt AS w/ black AV Switch
Dominix LE V2 - Stunt BR w/ red guarded switch

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 04:11:23 AM »

RGBW!!  I love my Dominix LE V2 with the white blade.  Cool

It's good you're spending the extra money on the XTAR VC2 Plus charger, I can't recommend that charger enough.  I charged 4 14500s (two were nearly drained) and 2 18650s last night in the time that probably two of those batteries would have been charged in other chargers.  Plus, it does Ni-MH and Ni-CD batteries.  Cool

Anyway, that looks like a great setup.  Given the shipping charges, customs and whatnot, it makes sense to get a fully loaded saber first time out of the gate.

Mega Cheesecake
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 01:51:38 PM »

Yep, I placed the order on the 22nd March. Buzzing for this to turn up.

I definitely had to go fully loaded. I made sure to save up so that I didn't have to compromise on any features. It was a good bit of luck that the Diamond option became available the week I decided to order Smiley

Cheers for all the help guys.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »

Heh, I didn't even notice this was a slightly older thread last night.  It's good that you already ordered your saber.  You should be getting it soon.  It was definitely a stroke of luck that your savings plan ended around the time of the Diamond release.  More than a few people were not so lucky, and they bought sabers with Emerald just before the release.  Shocked

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »

they bought sabers with Emerald just before the releaseShocked

Still a win in my book. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: