Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Fallen LE with sound comparison  (Read 5629 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« on: October 11, 2019, 11:42:28 PM »

This is a short review video for the new Fallen LE, with diamond. This lightsaber is a beast, at 16 inches in length, about 1.5 inches width. The grip, as others who own this, is very comfortable. The cross pattern (into small rectangles), keeps your grip solid.  The emitter shroud is solid, no wobble at all. When I removed the emitter, I was able to see where the screws are that hold it together, but I fear I may damage the anodizing if I try to pull that cover off. It is not made to be user removed. The emitter itself is 4 inches in length and the pommel is 2-3/4 inches. The Blade depth into the emitter is about 3 inches and the knurled screws can be removed, so maybe 2 more screws can be used as more blade retention screws.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxeDGOSOd1g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxeDGOSOd1g</a>

I compare the sound against my Archon v2.1 and Dark Graflex, all 3 with diamond sound. The video does NOT tell you how loud this one is. My ears are still ringing from this.

My mistake in the video. I had ordered the recharge port so it's part of the extra I ordered to get the free initiate v2 and Aeon LE v2(grab bag). I also received an Apprentice V4.

In my opinion, if you want to be loud and bold, get a Fallen. It will be the biggest, loudest and baddest lightsaber you can get.  Now that I have it, I now just can't wait till the emitters come up for seperate sale. They are beautiful. The pommel, I probably will hold off getting more, the higher amount of sound it allows just seems too much at the moment. Maybe when I can hear again, I may change that.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:48:03 PM »

Here's a couple pictures.

The Fallen LE:

The emitter, shown from the MHS threads, to show the 2 screw holes holding the shroud in place:

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 01:19:36 AM »

Thanks!

Have you tried putting the Fallen pommel in one of your other sabers to see the effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 01:54:34 AM »

Thanks for the video. I'm liking all the sabers seen here. The Fallen is a BEAST of a saber. Can't wait to get it. Can you do a video on the Dark Graflex as well?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 02:15:32 AM »

Wanting a pair of those emitters for a staff very badly

Thanks for sharing

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 03:26:42 AM »

Nice looking saber for sure, I do like the whole design plus the pommel design too, gonna have to get me one and a full saber at some point too Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Choose Light ~ Resist Darkness

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 03:32:04 AM »

Your not kidding about it being a beast. And loud. No doubt the shape and size of the openings in the pommel would have big impact on the sound level. It was hard to tell in the video how much louder it got when you pulled it off. This review may have just landed the Fallen a spot in my wishlist...  Thx

~ Armory ~
Specter Diamond ~ Phantasm Ov4 ~ FRANKENSABER! ~ Grand Master LE ~ Aeon LE v4 ~ Dark Sentinel LE v4
Initiate v2 ~ Dark Initiate v2.
Future; Archon v3.1 ~ Fallen LE

I am no Jedi, but I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing.
Close your eyes... feel it... the light... its always been there... it will guide you. The saber, take it! (Maz Kanata)

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 08:36:59 AM »

Your not kidding about it being a beast. And loud. No doubt the shape and size of the openings in the pommel would have big impact on the sound level. It was hard to tell in the video how much louder it got when you pulled it off. This review may have just landed the Fallen a spot in my wishlist...  Thx

Actually, when I pulled the pommel off, it was softer, not louder. The Pommel acts as a amplifier, making the sound deflect at an angle, so the full volume is directed in a wider area. When the pommel is removed, it just is shooting out in one direction, down. Think of it like this: When you clap your hands in an open area like a ball field, vs clapping your hands next to a wall of a building next to that ball field. The rebounding echo from the wall makes it sound much louder. 

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 08:40:18 AM »

Thanks!

Have you tried putting the Fallen pommel in one of your other sabers to see the effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't tried it, but I suspect it would have the same effect.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 08:46:22 AM »

Thanks for the video. I'm liking all the sabers seen here. The Fallen is a BEAST of a saber. Can't wait to get it. Can you do a video on the Dark Graflex as well?

I'm unable to find my original video I shot when I unboxed the Dark Graflex all those months ago. I suspect I didn't transfer it from my last phone, which I no longer have. To me, I don't see a point to make a new video now, after the changes I made and the ageing that has taken place on it (dings & scratches). But I will keep looking for it. I have several other places it could be on, though.

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 11:05:33 AM »

I'm unable to find my original video I shot when I unboxed the Dark Graflex all those months ago. I suspect I didn't transfer it from my last phone, which I no longer have. To me, I don't see a point to make a new video now, after the changes I made and the ageing that has taken place on it (dings & scratches). But I will keep looking for it. I have several other places it could be on, though.

Found it. I just edited it, but I never said a word in the video. I will say this, the Dark Graflex is an really nice looking Lightsaber and i'm glad to have one in my arsenal. BUT................ a fully anodized hilt is easily scratched.  When I did the above review, the Dark Graflex had many scratches on it. I barely used this lightsaber, only used it a couple times since getting it and kept it wrapped in a cloth towel when in storage and it still got dinged up. The Graflex SE I purchased at the same time in almost pristine in comparison. While it does have a few minor scratches, it doesn't look as used/abused.

Video below:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-H80LPREPM&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-H80LPREPM&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »

Note: I just connected my Fallen LE to my computer via the launcher and it was running firmware version 2.3.2. Just making a note to make sure people know this.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »

Thanks. This is good information. I may just have to get one of the other Graflexes instead. I won't be that gentle with it, but I'm still going to want it to look good ( mostly scratch free)

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 07:28:22 AM »

Awesome as always Chalion. I concur that the pommel allows for some LOUD sounds. Holy cow! While my Crimson Fallen is not sound equipped, I put the pommel on a few sabers that were (i.e. my Crimson Scorpion) and man it was loud! Right now the pommel is on my Grandmaster LE (no sound). Adds a bit more length and is perfect for a non-sound saber.  BTW thanks for showing us how the LE version looks! Very nice my friend! Love your color choices too! Wink

My sabers (as of 8/9/23): (*s)=sound
1.) Frankensaber-Blazing Red (*s)
2.) Grandmaster LE-Sentinel Yellow
3.) Shock LE-Violet Amethyst w/Qd
4.) Dominicide LE-Tri-cree F.Orange
5.) Apprentice LE V4-Guardian Blue (*s)
6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
7.) Spectre-B.Violet Amethyst w/Qd (*s)
8.) Consular-Tri-Cree Consular Green w/Qd
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA
12.) Survivor LE- BVA (*s)

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 08:08:44 PM »

I'm waiting for the Fallen emitters to go up for sale, so I can try them on my Dominicide. I haven't yet to put my one on the Dominicide yet.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: