Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55118 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2019, 10:01:45 PM »

Also I can throw in an additional answer with his armor - not all of it is Beskar. Assuming the Imperials scrounged up most (if not all) Beskar commercially available - not alot if left for our Mandos - and it shows. Only the high luster silvery portions of his armor are Beskar. The rest he's scrounged up from various sources, for instance before his pauldron was replaced, that shoulder is actually lifted from an Imperial Shoretrooper.
Mandos jealously guarded the secrets of beskar manufacturing. If memory serves, it was never sold nor produced for offworlders. But that first scene in the bar, the idiot asked if it was beskar, and tested it. But being an idiot, he may have made a poor assessment.

Considering there are promo shots of him wearing full Beskar'gam, I'm guessing as the series goes on he'll replace more and more of his (likely durasteel) armor with proper Beskar
I had the same thought. My question is what is the difference in style between what he is wearing and the Fett armor style? Shoulders in particular.

ALSO! (just thought of this) this is very much just my personal fan theory but regarding the Beskar ingot, considering that not only does it not retain the Damascus pattern post forging, it also looks like the pauldron is larger than the ingot *and* the forgemaster noted there would be spare. Is it possible I wonder if the Imperials found a way to compress Beskar into smaller ingots to make it easier to transport? The wave pattern being a byproduct of compressing the metal. So when you melted it it might expand a bit? Idk could be a better explanation but its something i thought of.
I questioned that as well. But she pretty much melted it down into a much thinner plate, and then formed it into the curvier shape of a pauldron. I think volumetrically, the ingot would be enough to make a pauldron plate. UH OH. Looks like an excuse to rewatch. Roll Eyes

Also, you ever try to compress steel? Good luck.

I figure Baby can't speak because of how he seems to have been just given basic care...in short.  They Fed him but didn't teach him how to speak
For 50 years?

The Republic freed Mandalore from Maul's rule, this is where Ahsoka faked her death and it is the plot of the season of Clone Wars about to premire on Disney+.   Once the Empire was born Palps had it stripped of Beskar for the empires use.
I can live with this. But what would the Empire do with it, not knowing how to process it?

As to Jawa's home planet, I cant say  but the Sandcrawlers were utilized by a now defunct desert mining company..the Jawa's commandeered them
This I knew, but since Jawas aren't star faring, how would they get this thing to another planet? I know a Jawa clan was relocated to Raxus Prime by scavengers in TFU.

The carbonite freezing on Cloud City was meant for other things...they had to retrofit it for human freezing.  I assume these in the show are specially made with humans in mind 
Meh. Maybe

The Armor helped..but it was him sinking in the mud that saved him.  I've had a car run over my foot on mud and it was not broken....scared the crap out of me...but I was fine
How did I know someone was going to use that? Maybe, but that is a LOT of tonnage to absorb, even for mud.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »

For 50 years?
I can live with this. But what would the Empire do with it, not knowing how to process it?
This I knew, but since Jawas aren't star faring, how would they get this thing to another planet? I know a Jawa clan was relocated to Raxus Prime by scavengers in TFU.

[/quote]

It doesn't seem as if he was being guarded by loving caring being these decades.  Instructed to keep it alive..not teach it to talk.

Rebels showed there was a faction of Mandalorians who sided with the Empire.... easily could have gotten it from them.

They aren't...but doesn't mean they can't barter for passage on a transport to another planet

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2019, 07:33:29 AM »

Also with the baby Yoda thing, like Tepes is saying, they were probably told to keep it alive, but also if you notice, the guards are primarily Nikto. Would a Nikto really speak basic if they didn't have too? They would probably be speaking Huttese or (not sure if this is a real language or not, I'd have to look) the Nikto language. A baby wouldn't pick up basic if nobody was speaking it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2019, 04:23:38 PM »

Carbonite Freezing:  Lots of nitpicking about this around the fandom.  I see it as Vader improvising with a 'crude facility.'  It was intended for Luke on his 'journey to the Emperor,' but was tested on Solo.  Once the word spread throughout the bounty hunter world that it was a viable and tested means of transporting bounties, the freezing practice caught on.  Eventually the tech was perfected and miniaturized to enable shipboard units.
It's a nice theory, but frelltard Feloni already used it in TCW, so Vader never pioneered anything. I will concede that it is possible that the concept of freezing a living being in carbonite was already proven (as shown in TCW), the risk in ESB came from the aforementioned "crude facility" not being up to the caliber of a medical carbonite freezing facility. Boba sees Vader do it and starts a trend. Because bounty hunters being such sticklers for the safety and well-being of their bounty heads. Roll Eyes

Also, his easy access to the Mando's gun cabinet was not credible - he could have easily opened the gun storage area accidentally while looking for the toilet, or something.  Unfortunate.
Agreed. "Oh, I found the gun rack while looking for the obviously located shellter. Better leave them and snoop around further."

Blurgs:  Okay, fine, but I would have loved a credible reason why they had to use them for the journey...just...some little fact about the terrain or something would have been better.
Also agreed. "OMG, one can't possibly jump across a 2ft crevasses in the oversized mud cracks. But it's not a problem when you're making the return trip." Undecided Way to shoehorn in 5min of useless Horse Whisperer BS. (I retract if I'm mistaken about the return trip. I just don't remember him riding much, if any, on the return trip.)

I was also disturbed by this:

Especially while the caged one watches. These creatures were classified as semi-sentient. But frell it because fans won't know it's Star Wars unless we cram every last nook and cranny with NOSTALGIA.

It doesn't seem as if he was being guarded by loving caring being these decades.  Instructed to keep it alive..not teach it to talk.
Baby sitting for 50 years? I'll let this rest for a bit. We're only 2 eps in, with a ton of questions.

Rebels showed there was a faction of Mandalorians who sided with the Empire.... easily could have gotten it from them.
I never put much stock into Rebels

They aren't...but doesn't mean they can't barter for passage on a transport to another planet
I guess that works. Would have been nice had they just dropped in a blurb about how they did it. They could address many small questions like this had they spent the money to produce an hour long show. Being only 30min, it fall into the same lackluster story genre that the cartoons do.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 04:40:38 PM »

I was also disturbed by this:

Especially while the caged one watches. These creatures were classified as semi-sentient. But frell it because fans won't know it's Star Wars unless we cram every last nook and cranny with NOSTALGIA.
Baby sitting for 50 years? I'll let this rest for a bit. We're only 2 eps in, with a ton of questions.
I never put much stock into Rebels
I guess that works. Would have been nice had they just dropped in a blurb about how they did it. They could address many small questions like this had they spent the money to produce an hour long show. Being only 30min, it fall into the same lackluster story genre that the cartoons do.

I took the cooking of the Monkey Lizard as a sign of how brutal this place was.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 05:09:44 PM »

I took the cooking of the Monkey Lizard as a sign of how brutal this place was.
If you want "brutal", I'd have gone with a Gamorean on the spit. Wink That'd feed a family for a month.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 05:40:36 PM »

If you want "brutal", I'd have gone with a Gamorean on the spit. Wink That'd feed a family for a month.

Ugh....the smell would be horrendous

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »

Ugh....the smell would be horrendous
You don't like pork?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2019, 07:07:27 PM »

You don't like pork?

Love it...but roasting pork...like over a spit...can sometimes not smell to great until its close to being done.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »

Love it...but roasting pork...like over a spit...can sometimes not smell to great until its close to being done.
So all good things in due time. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2019, 09:00:10 PM »

Alright folks who has seen episode three?
This is your spoiler warning if you haven’t yet.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »

Alright folks who has seen episode three?
This is your spoiler warning if you haven’t yet.

Saw it and was irked by a couple of the scenes. But since Disney owns both Star Wars and Marvel, I guess they will pillage from both.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »

Saw it and was irked by a couple of the scenes. But since Disney owns both Star Wars and Marvel, I guess they will pillage from both.

Now I'm intrigued.  FYI, I don't have Disney+ nor do I plan on getting it anytime soon.  But I am interested in the Mandalorian and spoilers do not phase me.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2019, 10:33:22 PM »

Now I'm intrigued.  FYI, I don't have Disney+ nor do I plan on getting it anytime soon.  But I am interested in the Mandalorian and spoilers do not phase me.

Basically the fact that Jon Favreau directed Iron Man was referenced in this episode. I actually really liked it though.

As for the episode as a whole, holy cow! There was some awesome things that happened. The scene in the sewers where the Mandalorian and Favreau's Mando went at it was awesome. And then when they all came flying to the rescue at the end in full Mandalorian style was epic! I love that they are exploring the Mandalorian culture. Yeah, Mando Jon (Imma call him that for now) may have disagreed with some of what The Mandalorian did/said, they are still mandos, and that is enough for him to come and help.

And I think my favorite scene from this episode was when he handed Baby Yoda the knob. I love their relationship, and I love Baby Yoda's character. I've said it before, but I completely trust Jon and Dave with this series.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2019, 10:36:26 PM »

Basically the fact that Jon Favreau directed Iron Man was referenced in this episode. I actually really liked it though.

As for the episode as a whole, holy cow! There was some awesome things that happened. The scene in the sewers where the Mandalorian and Favreau's Mando went at it was awesome. And then when they all came flying to the rescue at the end in full Mandalorian style was epic! I love that they are exploring the Mandalorian culture. Yeah, Mando Jon (Imma call him that for now) may have disagreed with some of what The Mandalorian did/said, they are still mandos, and that is enough for him to come and help.

And I think my favorite scene from this episode was when he handed Baby Yoda the knob. I love their relationship, and I love Baby Yoda's character. I've said it before, but I completely trust Jon and Dave with this series.

Favreau played another Mando?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: