Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sabers at edm/techno concerts?  (Read 2318 times)
ZenVII
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« on: March 21, 2016, 04:49:21 AM »

I have a pretty huge side of my friend group who go to raves and stuff like that. I have been to plenty and it seems like led and glow paint is the name of the game. Does anyone here bring their sabers to these types of things? I have brought my stunt to a couple and people really seem to enjoy them.

Darth Ixion

"The Force existed long before the Jedi and the Sith divided it into light and dark. It will be here long after these empires crumble."

Dominix V4 LE Stunt - Blazing Red
Dark Initiate V4 Obsidian- Dark Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiat V3 Stunt- Guardian Blue

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 05:07:03 AM »

My biggest concern would be having some jerk steal it.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Duskheart
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -41

Bookaflock!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »

I've seen a few people with lightsabers at anime convention Raves, and I will admit, that was one of my big reasons for buying a saber in the first place - I love the music at raves, but I feel awkward just standing there listening, and I don't feel confident enough to just dance - so, a saber gives me something to do.  I may be no good at it just yet, but it's something!!

Now, GregG, I can agree with you on the concern of someone stealing it - that's generally why if I'm at a rave and spinning it, I'm towards the back, and in an open space - it's difficult to sneak up on me that way, and chances are, someone's gonna notice if someone walks up and tries to take it.  I'd definitely not bring a super-high end saber with me, though - best stick to a lower end stunt saber.  It'd still suck if someone stole it, but at least it would be something as expensive as, say, a Flamberge with Obsidian v4 or something

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 05:31:03 AM »

If I were to bring a saber at one of those events (probably not), I'd fasten a strap somewhere along the hilt and have a short blade, maybe like 16" or something. It'd be the coolest glowstick on the dance floor  Cool

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Duskheart
Knight Officer

Bookaflock!

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 06:01:33 AM »

I've actually seen someone do something rather similar!  He didn't do the wrist strap (tho that's a good idea, no doubt something could be done rather simply) but he did have what looked like an Initiate V3 in consular green with a 16" blade.  That's one of the reasons I bought a 16" blade tbh xD

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 12:49:32 AM »

I took my initiates to  a concert once or twice. I found the 24" blades were just fine as long as a stayed on the periphery and was careful not to clock anyone with them. You have to have a more active grasp of your surroundings when sabering in a moving crowd. 

Duskheart
Knight Officer

Bookaflock!

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 05:43:33 AM »

Yeah, I learned that the hard way at the first rave I brought my saber to - I sent it flying a good 15 feet towards the crowd when I lost my grip.  Thankfully, nobody was standing where it landed, but it could have been very bad, were someone there.

ZenVII
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 11:17:24 PM »

The weapon chain idea would be wise. But I switch hands a lot during my spinning, not easy when there is something attaching it to my hand.

My biggest fear would be throwing it across the room, or the blade flying out of the handle lol.

Darth Ixion

"The Force existed long before the Jedi and the Sith divided it into light and dark. It will be here long after these empires crumble."

Dominix V4 LE Stunt - Blazing Red
Dark Initiate V4 Obsidian- Dark Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiat V3 Stunt- Guardian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: