Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Solus's Collection - As Requested  (Read 7853 times)
DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »

The true color thread is not a bad idea guys... I'll charge up some fresh batteries this weekend and do some experimenting with capturing the "true colors" and perhaps start the thread. Who knows, maybe it'll get stickied?

Lol, it's wierd spelling "color" like that. I'm Canadian and keep refraining from writing "colour" so that everyone doesn't think I'm making typos.

Dark side points, please and thank you!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »

I don't see colour as a typo.  No more than I see theatre as a typo.  Now if you begin spelling it like culer, I'll get annoyed. Seen that.  Type as you normally would.  It is all cool.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Farthing
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:21 AM »

They should really use some of the photos from the forum on the Ultrasabers Website these are just beautiful

There is no Chaos there is Harmony

PeDDeR27
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes.." Light Side Pts

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 03:16:10 AM »

What camera and what settings are you using to take these? Everytime I try to take a picture of all my sabers, all of the colors blend and look the same and are super bright.

Dark Initiate LE v2 - VA (x2 for Staff)
Initiate v2 - GB/AS & LEE Filters
Dark Initiate LE v3 - SRD - UE Blade - Obsidian 2.1 - AS FoC
Dark Initiate LE v3 - CG/EG/Rebel Star Bin 1 Cyan/Rebel Star Bin 2 Cyan
Dark Liberator v3 - SRD
Dark Prophecy v3 - AB
Bellicose - BR

DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »

What camera and what settings are you using to take these? Everytime I try to take a picture of all my sabers, all of the colors blend and look the same and are super bright.

I'm using a Canon T3i. The key is to shoot in full manual mode so you have complete control over image quality (ISO), exposure (shutter speed), and depth of field (f-stops). I generally lock my ISO in at 100 to give the image the best quality possible (higher ISOs will give you lots of nasty grain in low light) and do relatively short exposures. With the sabers being a bright as they are, it's easy to over expose them. I can't recommend a specific exposure to try because every shot requires a different setting; just keep it well under a second and start tweaking it from there until you get the image you want. Same goes for your f-stops. Depending on each image, you'll want to change your depth of field in accordance with what you want to focus of your image to be. If you want to focus on your whole saber, try a higher f-stop to get a greater depth of field. If you want to focus on one particular aspect of your saber, drop your f-stop down to get a much narrower depth of field.

Note: Both setting your ISO lower for better quality and your f-stop higher will generally result in longer exposure times, so use a tripod if you can!

I hope this helps you guys!

Dark side points, please and thank you!

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »

I'm using a Canon T3i. The key is to shoot in full manual mode so you have complete control over image quality (ISO), exposure (shutter speed), and depth of field (f-stops). I generally lock my ISO in at 100 to give the image the best quality possible (higher ISOs will give you lots of nasty grain in low light) and do relatively short exposures. With the sabers being a bright as they are, it's easy to over expose them. I can't recommend a specific exposure to try because every shot requires a different setting; just keep it well under a second and start tweaking it from there until you get the image you want. Same goes for your f-stops. Depending on each image, you'll want to change your depth of field in accordance with what you want to focus of your image to be. If you want to focus on your whole saber, try a higher f-stop to get a greater depth of field. If you want to focus on one particular aspect of your saber, drop your f-stop down to get a much narrower depth of field.

Note: Both setting your ISO lower for better quality and your f-stop higher will generally result in longer exposure times, so use a tripod if you can!

I hope this helps you guys!

POINT!

I bet if you wrote this type of information up in a guide for others to use, I'd wager many would be eternally grateful. May even get a sticky. This is invaluable information.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »

POINT!

I bet if you wrote this type of information up in a guide for others to use, I'd wager many would be eternally grateful. May even get a sticky. This is invaluable information.

Agreed, thanks for the tips Solus!  They will come in handy when I give my gf her T3i at Christmas.

PeDDeR27
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes.." Light Side Pts

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »

Thanks, Solus! I will go ahead and try that now.

Dark Initiate LE v2 - VA (x2 for Staff)
Initiate v2 - GB/AS & LEE Filters
Dark Initiate LE v3 - SRD - UE Blade - Obsidian 2.1 - AS FoC
Dark Initiate LE v3 - CG/EG/Rebel Star Bin 1 Cyan/Rebel Star Bin 2 Cyan
Dark Liberator v3 - SRD
Dark Prophecy v3 - AB
Bellicose - BR

Darth Fredoh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Peace is a lie, there is only passion

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 11:37:46 PM »

Those pics are so AWESOME!

Points to you sir

BR Prophecy V3 w/obsidian

Darkside points if you willing to

Kenobi 2112
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

May the force be with you.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »

They looks amazing

Light side points please!

Lightsabers-Overlord with sound(GB Green AV switch Archon pommel)

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:31 PM »

Hi DS.

Your photographic skill and composition artistry are truly worthy of a Sith Master.  DSP humbly conveyed.

Sincerely,
Saint

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: