Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Newish customer looking for assistance  (Read 2765 times)
SithLordSB
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: September 11, 2017, 01:43:48 AM »

So ive already purchased one saber and absolutely loved it! 100% a fantastic purchase, and I am looking to make a second purchase
Now the one thing that i found a tiny bit annoying about my saber is that the hilt feels just a little too short to properly two hand it. This is probably because I am a large man (6'2) and have proportionally massive hands, so if someone could recommend me a saber that a bigger dude like myself could two hand, it would be much appreciated.

HannandChewie
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 01:51:09 AM »

I can only speak from what I own but both the sentinal and the bellicose that I own have longer hilt designs that may suit you. I'm a smaller guy at 5'7" and I feel I have more hand room than I need.

"The force shall set me free."
-Bellicose w/ v3 obsidian sound and emerald driver
-Dark Prophecy v3 w/ v4 obsidian sound in Tri-Blazing Red

SithLordSB
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 01:52:47 AM »

I can only speak from what I own but both the sentinal and the bellicose that I own have longer hilt designs that may suit you. I'm a smaller guy at 5'7" and I feel I have more hand room than I need.
Tanks for the input! I was thinking about getting the Dark War Glaive OR The Malice as they both seem to be a bit bigger and more menacing

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 02:39:54 AM »

The Guardian, in appropriate blade color, would also be a good size for two-handed use for you

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:52:29 AM »

I'm 6'2" as well with large hands and find that my Arbiter, Scorpion and Guardian are the most comfortable two handed sabers with swagger that I have. They're some of the longest hilts in Ultrasabers' inventory. That being said you should probably consider the Bane.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 04:20:24 AM »

As already stated, the Guardian, Arbiter, Scorpion, Sentinel and Bane are a good length for two hand control.

The others I would have suggested you already did; The Warglaive and The Malice. I have a Malice and it's fantastic. While I tend to prefer to use my sabers one-handed, there is ample space on the Malice hilt for two hand use.

The Omen is also another great two handed saber if you like the style of it, as are the cross-guards, again if they are your style.

What was the first hilt you bought?

Welcome to your new addiction by the way!  Cool

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 04:41:11 AM »

Yes, what was the first hilt you bought that you find to be shorter than you'd like?

For me, the Arbiter is my ideal length, although I can two hand almost everything longer than an Initiate/Apprentice. Those lines are strictly one handed for my taste.

You can also, to some extent, change the length using different pommels or even a coupler will work.  The Malice just isn't quite to my taste, but I love my Dark War Glaive. Interestingly, of my 11 sabers, it works really well with a single Yari extension, making it more of a Nagamaki.

One suggestion, get a dowel rod, put your hands where you find them most comfortable, and measure the length that the hilt would be. Then you'll have an even better idea of what length to look for.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

Re:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 04:50:38 AM »

Would help if we knew what your first saber is.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 05:08:02 AM »

The Malice is shorter than 11 inches so that sounds pretty short for what you want.

The Malice is actually 13.5" long. Not including the claws.

Source: just measure mine  Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 05:43:48 AM »

I'm 6'2" as well with large hands and find that my Arbiter, Scorpion and Guardian are the most comfortable two handed sabers with swagger that I have. They're some of the longest hilts in Ultrasabers' inventory. That being said you should probably consider the Bane.
The Scorpion and Arbiter are 14.5 and 14 inches, respectively, and to my surprise the Bane and Guardian are at 13 inches, so I digress Roll Eyes and recommend the Dark Scorpion as the best Sithy and lengthy saber for you. That's my final answer.  Grin

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 07:23:06 AM »

The Malice is actually 13.5" long. Not including the claws.

Source: just measure mine  Wink
Damn, my bad. I looked up the Manace LOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 08:44:45 AM »

The Scorpion and Arbiter are 14.5 and 14 inches, respectively, and to my surprise the Bane and Guardian are at 13 inches, so I digress Roll Eyes and recommend the Dark Scorpion as the best Sithy and lengthy saber for you. That's my final answer.  Grin

The Arbiter, YES, but for as long as the Scorpion is, it doesn't have 14 inches of actual grip area. You can't grip it at the emitter windows or the neck windows because it's wide AF and that emitter (at least mine) is mighty sharp!. You can only grip it from under the neck bulge down. And you can't grip it near the pommel or you're likely to break your little finger on the covertec wheel when dueling, and you can't remove the wheel because it's one of the bolts that holds the shroud on. Because you're forced into the middle, there is less usable space on a Scorpon than there is on the Bane or Guardian however it does still work as a two handed saber, but only with a golf style grip not a spread out grip. And you can of course use all of the space on the Arbiter including the wonderful choke point on the emitter.

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 11:51:53 AM »

The Reaper works well as a 2-hander... the hilt is massive!

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »

If you get the Malice I recommend you do NOT get the activation box but go with the more flush av switch.  I have a Malice with the activation box and absolutely hate it.  I have large hands and , in my opinion, it gets in the way to having a good comfortable grip on it.  Don't get me wrong this is a bad ass saber, just wished I had not got the activation box on it.  I recently got a Dark Sentinel while at the con, this is a hilt I never really gave a second glance to on the website.  Once I had it in my hands I fell in love with it and the price is perfect, you can customize this and not feel bad either as I would with the higher end hilts.  The arbitor is another fantastic hilt, I got to handle this at the con as well.  It has a massive amount of room for large hands and is hands down a beautiful hilt, especially the silver one.  Look over the post because these guys have good information on these and have extensive collections as well.

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 03:21:43 PM »

The Arbiter, YES, but for as long as the Scorpion is, it doesn't have 14 inches of actual grip area. You can't grip it at the emitter windows or the neck windows because it's wide AF and that emitter (at least mine) is mighty sharp!. You can only grip it from under the neck bulge down. And you can't grip it near the pommel or you're likely to break your little finger on the covertec wheel when dueling, and you can't remove the wheel because it's one of the bolts that holds the shroud on. Because you're forced into the middle, there is less usable space on a Scorpon than there is on the Bane or Guardian however it does still work as a two handed saber, but only with a golf style grip not a spread out grip. And you can of course use all of the space on the Arbiter including the wonderful choke point on the emitter.
Ah ha, good points! 👍 Thanks, dude. Getting cut is no fun. That happened with my Mantis when my grip slipped down towards the Emitter too close. Although I have large hands and can easily grip the section just below the windowed Emitter. Quite comfortable, so that section can be usable if you have larger hands. I put a small renegade pommel on mine, and it gave me more room at the bottom to grip. Other pommels even more so.

Still, I own both Arbiters and that grenade grip is so amazing, and another nice feature I have on both of mine is quick disconnects to swap LED MLS modules to get different blade colors, if not going with an Emerald saber. Plus pommel and emitter are both MHS compatible, so more options. I must agree, Isola, the Arbiter is probably the best value. 😉

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: