Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Leia Organa's Lightsaber  (Read 1005 times)
ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« on: February 01, 2020, 01:05:37 PM »

I've got money saved, and in the near future I would love to cosplay Leia Organa Solo (EU version) so I need a lightsaber. Now I know Leia has had multiple lightsabers, heck, she's probably used as many sabers as her dad broke! Like father like daughter.
So to the question, which ultrasaber do you think looks like one of Leia's EU lightsabers? Yes even Leia in the altered timeline of TFU is acceptable, I'm planning to get a yellow blade no matter the style, unless I can find a design that could match the ruby-red bladed lightsaber Luke made for Leia. Luke just loves to give away sabers XD.

Thank you for reading, may the Force be with you.

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:16:15 PM »

Honestly, I'm hoping that they'll drop Leia's saber from TLS sometime in the next couple months. You could always hold out & see what happens?  If ya decide not to, let us know what you do end up purchasing? I'm always curious as to what others come up with. Thx!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 03:24:05 PM »

Honestly, I'm hoping that they'll drop Leia's saber from TLS sometime in the next couple months. You could always hold out & see what happens?  If ya decide not to, let us know what you do end up purchasing? I'm always curious as to what others come up with. Thx!

I could see this happening soon, as Ultra Saber got the "Other" saber design out rather quickly.  This goes to show how connected they are to their customers and supporters, that is for sure!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 04:22:29 PM »

I could see this happening soon, as Ultra Saber got the "Other" saber design out rather quickly.  This goes to show how connected they are to their customers and supporters, that is for sure!

I also would like to see US release one, since they did release The Empress, but we won't know if/when Leia's could/would be done. I would suspect that if they released The Empress, they'll trend like they did before and maybe (hopefully) release Leia's in a month or so. That's how they normally trend. 2018 they released 6 different hilt styles, last year I think only 4.

But, with how their order overload is going, plus the potential supply problems from China, I would guess they may push back a new release. I just don't know though.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 04:39:24 PM »

I'm not interested in Leia's lightsaber from TROS if that is what you all are referring to (the one she gave up to Luke and was later given to Rey). I didn't enjoy the Disney Trilogy nor did I enjoy Leia's significantly reduced roles within the movies. I'd much prefer a design based off one of her lightsabers from the Expanded Universe as her journey was much more rewarding and in tune with who Leia Organa is.

Yes, I am that kind of person. Smiley

Reverie
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 06:56:46 PM »

I'm not interested in Leia's lightsaber from TROS if that is what you all are referring to (the one she gave up to Luke and was later given to Rey). I didn't enjoy the Disney Trilogy nor did I enjoy Leia's significantly reduced roles within the movies. I'd much prefer a design based off one of her lightsabers from the Expanded Universe as her journey was much more rewarding and in tune with who Leia Organa is.

Yes, I am that kind of person. Smiley

I'm fairly new myself so I won't pretend to know how US does things, but I feel like that totally depends on the popularity of those saber designs. I definitely think TRoS lightsaber would come out much sooner than any other variation. You never know, though!

I'm one with the force, the force is with me

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:32:16 PM »

I am not as versed in the some of the expanded universe as some folks here, but I’ve seen art where Leia carried everything from a basic skinny neck sabers to a couple of other designs. As far as US hilts, their basic skinny neck, the Archon V3.1 is very much like the one in some of the artwork I saw. Possibly because this might’ve been Luke’s old saber he gave her. All you would really need to do to dress up the archon and make it look very authentic (remember, US are designed to be customized) is to get a graflex clamp (around $30) and stick it on there.

Probably the most popular Leia design is this one, to which I will leave a link to a drawing from the Star Wars Artist’s Guild: http://www.swagonline.net/image/princess-leias-lightsaber-eu

This looks quite a bit like the US Arbiter. The arbiter doesn’t have that inward curved choke point, but other than that it’s pretty darn close.

The Aeon V4 in all silver is also fairly close and does have choke points. All it really needs is for you to buy an Arbiter pommel separately and stick it on there.

For either the Arbiter or Aeon, you could do some simple customization by buying some small studs to glue around the emitter. Or drill them in if you’re handy with a drill. Get some black O-rings to fit into the grooves (I recommend 1 1/4-1 1/2 inch inch diameter rings) and I think you would have an EU style saber you would be quite happy with Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 11:53:30 PM »

I am not as versed in the some of the expanded universe as some folks here, but I’ve seen art where Leia carried everything from a basic skinny neck sabers to a couple of other designs. As far as US hilts, their basic skinny neck, the Archon V3.1 is very much like the one in some of the artwork I saw. Possibly because this might’ve been Luke’s old saber he gave her. All you would really need to do to dress up the archon and make it look very authentic (remember, US are designed to be customized) is to get a graflex clamp (around $30) and stick it on there.

Probably the most popular Leia design is this one, to which I will leave a link to a drawing from the Star Wars Artist’s Guild: http://www.swagonline.net/image/princess-leias-lightsaber-eu

This looks quite a bit like the US Arbiter. The arbiter doesn’t have that inward curved choke point, but other than that it’s pretty darn close.

The Aeon V4 in all silver is also fairly close and does have choke points. All it really needs is for you to buy an Arbiter pommel separately and stick it on there.

For either the Arbiter or Aeon, you could do some simple customization by buying some small studs to glue around the emitter. Or drill them in if you’re handy with a drill. Get some black O-rings to fit into the grooves (I recommend 1 1/4-1 1/2 inch inch diameter rings) and I think you would have an EU style saber you would be quite happy with Smiley

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I've already taken everything you've said into consideration, and I really like what you've suggested. I enjoy Ultrasaber lightsabers for the quality content and great shipping so I'm rather loath to look anywhere else. The sabers and parts you mention are all great and I think the aeon with the arbiter pommel will very well be added to my collection. Again, thank you so much! May the Force be with you always!

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 03:19:20 AM »

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I've already taken everything you've said into consideration, and I really like what you've suggested. I enjoy Ultrasaber lightsabers for the quality content and great shipping so I'm rather loath to look anywhere else. The sabers and parts you mention are all great and I think the aeon with the arbiter pommel will very well be added to my collection. Again, thank you so much! May the Force be with you always!

You’re totally welcome. Working on customizing my recent MB with some simple but effective add ons. Wasn’t sure if I wanted to make the unboxing one video and show the customizing in a second vid. But since both aspects are going to be pretty quick, I figured why not put them in the same vide so people don’t have to search for the second part if they want to see it. So...work in progress. Waiting on a couple of things I ordered to come in. Will post video when it’s finally done.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: