Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55167 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #330 on: December 01, 2020, 03:57:26 AM »

I never said I preferred the cartoons Ashokas voice over live action. It’s just an adjustment when you have gotten so used to a voice from hearing it so much.

I kinda go let that felling too of “wait I thought she denounced the Jedi” to know she is following their rules. She could have easily just said she won’t teach hi because she isn’t a true Jedi. My guess is they want people to “think” that Grogu has a possibility of going dark.
So at this point I see it this way. She isn’t refusing to train him cause Jedi rules say he is too full of fear and rage. She is refusing because she has first hand experience losing her master to the dark side because he was full of fear and rage.
But that just me making a justification for my on personal self.

No that is pretty much it. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #331 on: December 01, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »

I'm not gonna quote everything just respond to a few of Logos nitpicks Tongue

I did mention this before...Ahsoka was 4 when Yaddle stepped down from the council and pretty much retired from the Jedi...so even if she heard of her she wouldn't have met her.
I responded before reading your explanation. Either way, she was not involved in Ahsoka's time at the temple.

Filoni envisioned her having the same look as Rebels but it was the production and stunt department that pretty much told him "nah" (Seriously...your are hating on the guy that is one half of the only team worried about bringing us good content....he has personally gone against Disney canon multiply time's already). As for using CG for the montral and Lekku....... a tv show is a different beast when it comes to using cg.  If these were a film with a films budget and time they could have.  But "tv" shows are on a much tighter constraint as well (and I pointed this out before as well) The Merch of Mando was just getting started when they finished season 2. Their budget will 100% be higher for season 3.  Contrary to thought they dont just throw money at projects.
Please cite these instances, I'd love to stop hating his work. My beef is HE'S THE DIRECTOR. HE is ultimately responsible for EVERYTHING that ends up in the final result. Besides, they wouldn't have to be great CGI if you reserved them for just the action scenes. They would be in motion, so obscurity and lack of focus would already be accounted for. I think it was a bad decision. You have no idea how many times I screamed "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS" watching TCW and SWR. And I do mean screamed.

How Grogu survived?  Someone got him out.  Simple.  I'm also thinking because of his ageing he was not put with the other younglings.  Now either his stunted mental development was done to him or self imposed.
Perhaps. She did say he hid his powers in order to survive. As far as his stunted development, I'm beginning to think it's going to play out as another oddity in the Force. As long as it gets well explained I think I'll be able to swallow it.

Many felt Anakin WASN'T ready.  Remember, they thought Ahsoka was coming to be Obi-Wan's new Padawan.  It was Yoda's plan that no one really agreed with.
I can attest from first-hand experience, nothing drives lessons home better than teaching them. With a fresher head, I can get behind Yoda's decision to give her to Anakin. Especially with how headstrong they both are, they were perfect for each other. There were lessons for them both to learn. More so in the sense of Anakin's unorthodox circumstances required unorthodox training methods.

I kinda go let that felling too of “wait I thought she denounced the Jedi” to know she is following their rules. She could have easily just said she won’t teach hi because she isn’t a true Jedi. My guess is they want people to “think” that Grogu has a possibility of going dark.
So at this point I see it this way. She isn’t refusing to train him cause Jedi rules say he is too full of fear and rage. She is refusing because she has first hand experience losing her master to the dark side because he was full of fear and rage.
Everyone has potential to go dark. That is precisely why you teach them. Otherwise they aren't necessarily "dark" just feral. As we've already seen, Grogu has shown compassion and rage. He is balanced. What he really needs is someone to teach him the moral implications of using his powers. Her non-adherence to strict Jedi policies would have aided in her teaching, similar to how her master didn't always follow the rules.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #332 on: December 01, 2020, 03:23:40 PM »

oookay but has anyone seen the new episode of the madalorian yet because ASHOKA TANO IS SO COOL!! I was so excited to see a live action version of her and they did amazing everything from her sabers to the fights were just ✨IMMACULATE✨😍😍😍😍

My collection: Dark Apprentice V5 in blue violet amethyst with the Dark Dorinian pommel and black av switch, Aeon v3 LE in Consular green with silver av switch, prophecy v3 in blazing red with silver av switch, Aeon v4 with emitter windows in guardian blue with silver as switch.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #333 on: December 01, 2020, 03:25:13 PM »

Please cite these instances, I'd love to stop hating his work. My beef is HE'S THE DIRECTOR. HE is ultimately responsible for EVERYTHING that ends up in the final result. Besides, they wouldn't have to be great CGI if you reserved them for just the action scenes. They would be in motion, so obscurity and lack of focus would already be accounted for. I think it was a bad decision. You have no idea how many times I screamed "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS" watching TCW and SWR. And I do mean screamed.

The two that majorly come to mind is when asked about Ahsoka's death (since she was heard speaking to Rey in TROS) He hinted at her not being dead.  When asked about Ahsoka's sabers being blue in the Clone Wars (many were asking did Anakin go get two more crystals) he said Anakin knew how to tweak the crystals to change color...which lines up more with EU lore than Disney.

He's the director, yes, but he still has bosses and has to make sure he doesn't go over budget.  In situations like this Directors are not the final boss as they are on other projects.  Mandalorian uses a lot of CG for the environments (digital sets) as well I'm sure the blew a good bit of their budget on the krayt.  Honestly it is just such a non issue for me I am baffled at everyone's focus on it.  

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2020, 03:32:34 PM »

Ok folks...take a breath...let's all just stop the nitpicking and bask in the joy that is GOOD Star Wars storytelling and not the schlock of the sequel trilogy!

Grin

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #335 on: December 01, 2020, 03:38:35 PM »

I agree why can’t we just enjoy some Star Wars rather than compulsively picking at what’s “not right” this year has been difficult for everyone and there’s too much hate..

My collection: Dark Apprentice V5 in blue violet amethyst with the Dark Dorinian pommel and black av switch, Aeon v3 LE in Consular green with silver av switch, prophecy v3 in blazing red with silver av switch, Aeon v4 with emitter windows in guardian blue with silver as switch.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #336 on: December 01, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »

The two that majorly come to mind is when asked about Ahsoka's death (since she was heard speaking to Rey in TROS) He hinted at her not being dead.
That's 25yrs from the present story. She very well could be dead by the time ROS takes place.

When asked about Ahsoka's sabers being blue in the Clone Wars (many were asking did Anakin go get two more crystals) he said Anakin knew how to tweak the crystals to change color...which lines up more with EU lore than Disney.
I have to admit, that explanation is even weaker than current crystal canon. It makes it sound like blade color is a result of an improperly constructed saber. So....what? Does this now mean that the higher up the frequency spectrum your blade is, the better it was constructed? Which would mean that that Windu had the best saber that we know of, since purple is the last color before UV.

He's the director, yes, but he still has bosses and has to make sure he doesn't go over budget.  In situations like this Directors are not the final boss as they are on other projects.  Mandalorian uses a lot of CG for the environments (digital sets) as well I'm sure they blew a good bit of their budget on the krayt.  Honestly it is just such a non issue for me I am baffled at everyone's focus on it.  
I don't know how to draw a parallel that you would understand why this is an issue.

Back to S2E4. Can someone please tell me what Officer Douchebag was talking about "serving at Alderaan", and why he just happened to be carrying a metal?

I agree why can’t we just enjoy some Star Wars rather than compulsively picking at what’s “not right” this year has been difficult for everyone and there’s too much hate..
This is the WAY. Deal with it. Tongue

Also, that isn't the way to list your collection in a signature.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #337 on: December 01, 2020, 04:17:42 PM »

That's 25yrs from the present story. She very well could be dead by the time ROS takes place.
I have to admit, that explanation is even weaker than current crystal canon. It makes it sound like blade color is a result of an improperly constructed saber. So....what? Does this now mean that the higher up the frequency spectrum your blade is, the better it was constructed? Which would mean that that Windu had the best saber that we know of, since purple is the last color before UV.
I don't know how to draw a parallel that you would understand why this is an issue.

Back to S2E4. Can someone please tell me what Officer Douchebag was talking about "serving at Alderaan", and why he just happened to be carrying a metal?
This is the WAY. Deal with it. Tongue

Also, that isn't the way to list your collection in a signature.
Lol your a goof! Also how do I display my collection wasn’t sure so I went with what I thought was right Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #338 on: December 01, 2020, 04:24:09 PM »

Lol your a goof!
DUH!

Also how do I display my collection wasn’t sure so I went with what I thought was right Smiley
Copy the text, then go to your profile page. Go to FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION. There is a section called SIGNATURE. Paste it there. Then hit "CHANGE PROFILE" and the change will be made permanent. It will show every time you post (like mine) only in smaller text, but it won't actually be a quotable part of your posts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #339 on: December 01, 2020, 05:03:14 PM »

DUH!
Copy the text, then go to your profile page. Go to FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION. There is a section called SIGNATURE. Paste it there. Then hit "CHANGE PROFILE" and the change will be made permanent. It will show every time you post (like mine) only in smaller text, but it won't actually be a quotable part of your posts.
I couldn’t seem to find the section you are talking about, could you give me a little more instruction please I wanna make sure I do this right.

My collection: Dark Apprentice v5, Aeon v3 LE, prophecy v3, Aeon v4.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #340 on: December 01, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »

I couldn’t seem to find the section you are talking about, could you give me a little more instruction please I wanna make sure I do this right.

Click this

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2020, 09:32:28 PM »

My beef is HE'S THE DIRECTOR. HE is ultimately responsible for EVERYTHING that ends up in the final result.

So here's the thing. While this is usually true, unfortunately often times the studios come between an artist and his/her vision. Probably the biggest example to this would be the Snyder Cut. I doesn't matter what your opinion on those movies are, the fact is that Justice League was significantly changed (partly due to Zach having to step away, mostly due to WB wanting something different). The same goes for Suicide Squad, only this time it was all WB. Of course both of those examples happen to be from WB and not Disney, but the concept is the same. Disney could have stepped in and told Filoni what to do. I find that unlikely, and I'm definitely not saying that that is what happened, but it is a possibility.

Alright, back to your arguing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #342 on: December 01, 2020, 10:27:09 PM »

Everyone assumed so and it seemed as if Disney/JJ wanted it to seem that way.  Dave disagreed.

Has nothing to do with better or worse construction.  Just color.  However in the old canon Mace Windu's saber Was actually more "powerful" as he used Electrum instead of a crystal.

Perhaps it would help to know why I don't see it as an issue.  I think I've spoken before about my desire in my "youth" to enter the entertainment industry.  During this time I , through the magic of the internet, was able to speak to people within it.  Not big name people but stunt men, production assistants and CGI artists.  I got first hand knowledge of the crap that happens on film and tv sets.  So when I see something like that and the explanation is given about limitations for budget or practicality reasons...it doesn't ring false automatically for me.

He said "Served During Alderaan".  This meant he was with the alliance during the time Alderaan was lost.  Reluctant to bring real world events in but I have heard quite a few military say "I served during 9/11"  as a way of saying they were in service when it happened.

That wasn't a Medal..that was apparently his badge.  Basically an open invitation to join the New Republic.  The Rumor is there is a Disney+ Star Wars Universe on the way...with Mando, Cara Dune, Bo Katan and Ahsoka all having their own shows following their own stories but connected and much like Netflix's Defenders, having them come together again to face a threat.

So here's the thing. While this is usually true, unfortunately often times the studios come between an artist and his/her vision. Probably the biggest example to this would be the Snyder Cut. I doesn't matter what your opinion on those movies are, the fact is that Justice League was significantly changed (partly due to Zach having to step away, mostly due to WB wanting something different). The same goes for Suicide Squad, only this time it was all WB. Of course both of those examples happen to be from WB and not Disney, but the concept is the same. Disney could have stepped in and told Filoni what to do. I find that unlikely, and I'm definitely not saying that that is what happened, but it is a possibility.

Alright, back to your arguing.

We're not arguing...we're aggressively sharing our opinions.  We're Sith...its what we do.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2020, 11:03:52 PM »

We're not arguing...we're aggressively sharing our opinions.  We're Sith...its what we do.

Sorry, perhaps I should have worded it this way.

"Alright, back to your 'aggressive negotiations'".

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2020, 03:35:31 AM »

[mindlessly munches popcorn while watching "agressive negotiations" and mumbles to self] "I have a bad feeling about this…"

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: