Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55161 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #405 on: December 10, 2020, 12:57:30 AM »

Yes...the scene even went though my head as the thought did.  Although I refrained from mumbling about burning the building down

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #406 on: December 11, 2020, 01:32:51 AM »

You guys see the announcement? Season three has been officially scheduled for Christmas 2021. And two spin offs have been confirmed. Ashoka and Rangers of the New Republic. And it’s been said all three will cross over at some point in a special event.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #407 on: December 11, 2020, 02:06:44 AM »

You guys see the announcement? Season three has been officially scheduled for Christmas 2021. And two spin offs have been confirmed. Ashoka and Rangers of the New Republic. And it’s been said all three will cross over at some point in a special event.

100% Thrawn is going to be their Thanos.  Also in the new..Hayden will be in the Obi-Wan series as Vader

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2020, 03:33:38 AM »

I just saw the new Disney+ trailer. Looks like we are getting a “Andor” show and a Bad Batch cartoon series and Rouge Squadron.

Edit: ok so much epic stuff coming. Should probably talk about this in another thread.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2020, 05:59:24 AM »

Honestly, after all the Marvel and Star Wars announcements today, I'm not terribly excited for Mando tonight. I mean I am, but like there is sooooooo much more stuff to be excited about now.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #410 on: December 11, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »

The frustration is real. Slept rough last night. Woke up at 1:30am est. Decided to watch new episode before work. It’s not up yet. Wondering if Roku doesn’t update I till midnight pacific time. Guess I will have to wait.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2020, 08:45:50 AM »

That was a pretty good episode. Some cool moments and great Easter eggs.

And I was not expecting to see the seismic charges! Loved it though.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #412 on: December 11, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »

The frustration is real. Slept rough last night. Woke up at 1:30am est. Decided to watch new episode before work. It’s not up yet. Wondering if Roku doesn’t update I till midnight pacific time. Guess I will have to wait.

Midnight PST is the when most streaming services update.

Honestly, after all the Marvel and Star Wars announcements today, I'm not terribly excited for Mando tonight. I mean I am, but like there is sooooooo much more stuff to be excited about now.

Personally I was pretty underwhelmed.  Ahsoka is pretty much the only show im interested in at this point.  While its cool Hayden will be Vader in The Obi-Wan show...unless its going to be all flash back, they hare not going to have any interaction.  I'll need to see premise and plot before I can say I'm excited about it.  As for Marvel, Thor, Dr. Strange, Loki, Wandavision and What If? are the only ones I'm looking forward to...and that is with some trepidation because the MCU is moving into the Era of Comics where (arguably) some of the worst storylines came from.

Now on to the Episode.  Felt like a filler but wasn't.  I admit I was not happy about Bill Burr being back as I am not a huge fan of his nor did his character feel like he meshed but he did good in this episode.  Got a good feel of his backstory and character.  I'm so glad they have Boba keeping the Robes underneath the armor...looks so much more badass than cargo pants, and sporting that fresh new Paint job.  I don't think it was a coincidence they set up a situation to show us Din can use a spear...and I like how it showed he had gotten to use to Beskar protecting him that he got a little sloppy in that Imperial gear.  I figured he would have to show his face for some reason to help Grogu and it illustrates how much he cares for him.  Cara and Fennic providing sniper support was awesome to see....not to mention 2 of my top Bad Ass Women Crushes on screen at the same time.  Then Din repeating Giedion's speech from S1...Giedion actually looked a bit worried there LOL.  What I'm expecting from the finale:
1.) Din calling Bo Katan
2.) Din vs Gideon
3.) Whoever heard Grogu's call showing up
4.) Thrawn cliffhanger

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #413 on: December 11, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »

And another thing....I was thrown off by Pedro's face.  Because when I look at him all I see is Prince Oberyn ....

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2020, 03:46:12 PM »

That was a pretty good episode. Some cool moments and great Easter eggs.

And I was not expecting to see the seismic charges! Loved it though.
Yeah, it wasn't the same super important plot-driving  character reveal episode we've become used to seeing recently, but it was still an important episode I'd say.
Midnight PST is the when most streaming services update.

Personally I was pretty underwhelmed.  Ahsoka is pretty much the only show im interested in at this point.  While its cool Hayden will be Vader in The Obi-Wan show...unless its going to be all flash back, they hare not going to have any interaction.  I'll need to see premise and plot before I can say I'm excited about it.  As for Marvel, Thor, Dr. Strange, Loki, Wandavision and What If? are the only ones I'm looking forward to...and that is with some trepidation because the MCU is moving into the Era of Comics where (arguably) some of the worst storylines came from.

Now on to the Episode.  Felt like a filler but wasn't.  I admit I was not happy about Bill Burr being back as I am not a huge fan of his nor did his character feel like he meshed but he did good in this episode.  Got a good feel of his backstory and character.  I'm so glad they have Boba keeping the Robes underneath the armor...looks so much more badass than cargo pants, and sporting that fresh new Paint job.  I don't think it was a coincidence they set up a situation to show us Din can use a spear...and I like how it showed he had gotten to use to Beskar protecting him that he got a little sloppy in that Imperial gear.  I figured he would have to show his face for some reason to help Grogu and it illustrates how much he cares for him.  Cara and Fennic providing sniper support was awesome to see....not to mention 2 of my top Bad Ass Women Crushes on screen at the same time.  Then Din repeating Giedion's speech from S1...Giedion actually looked a bit worried there LOL.  What I'm expecting from the finale:
1.) Din calling Bo Katan
2.) Din vs Gideon
4.) Thrawn cliffhanger
I like Burr, and it almost seems like he got to play himself in the episode, even more than he did last season, which is why I can totally understand not liking his character. His talk about being a survivor, a realist, both sides doing bad things and the locals not really making a distinction between them, Mando's code being a little bit able to bend when needed, but him also trying to do the right thing now and not taking crap from his "superior officer" who showed a callous lack of regard for life. It almost felt like I was listening to one of Bill's podcasts.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #415 on: December 11, 2020, 06:10:46 PM »

Yeah unfortunately I am at work when the show drops.

Enjoyed this episode. 
Nothing much to add that hasn’t been said.
I don’t think we will see a Thrawn teaser at the end. Ashoka saying his name is probably all we get because I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the plot for the Ashoka show.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »

Yeah unfortunately I am at work when the show drops.

Enjoyed this episode. 
Nothing much to add that hasn’t been said.
I don’t think we will see a Thrawn teaser at the end. Ashoka saying his name is probably all we get because I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the plot for the Ashoka show.

Doesn't mean it can be teased.  We already know Mando, Ahsoka and The Rangers show will all be connected and culminate eventually...so this could be like The Avengers and we get a peek at Thanos...in this case Thrawn. Am I sure it will happen..of course not.  But id like it to.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #417 on: December 11, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »

I'm excited for Bad Batch and Rogue Squadron (Patty Jenkins is directing RS, and I think it will be really cool). I'm probably most excited for Andor and Kenobi though. Acolyte has potential, but I'm scared it will be agenda driven rather than story. I'm probably least excited for Ahsoka in all honesty. As I've said, I didn't love Rosario's portrayal, and the more I think about it, the more I think I'd have preferred Ashley (even if Rosario is a better actress). As for Marvel, I'm excited for all except Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel. I really don't care for Captain Marvel, and Ms. Marvel just holds no interest for me. Loki has me stoked though.

1.) Din calling Bo Katan
2.) Din vs Gideon
4.) Thrawn cliffhanger

Agreed. I hated Burr's character in S1, but I didn't actually mind it in this episode. It was far less "comedy for the sake of comedy" and more of "I have sever PTSD from Operation Cinder" which makes a whole lot of sense with his character. I don't suspect we'll see a Thrawn teaser/cliffhanger at the end of the season. I'm guessing that will be end of S3, and he will be the "big bad" of S4, Rangers, Ahsoka, and the culmination event they mentioned.

So here's my question to y'all. Rank those 5 in order of best sniper to worst. Here's mine:
1. Fennic
2. Mayfeld
3. Din
4. Cara
5. Boba

Although realistically, Din, Cara, and Boba are probably all right around the same level. Not entirely sure though.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #418 on: December 13, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »

Well, I LOVED ep 5. So far my favorites were 3 and 5.
But I can't help and wonder why Ahsoka never helped Luke. Or other hidding jedis.
I'm sure they have a good explanation. But we go from well, Kenobi and Yoda were the last ones so it's all on Luke now. To oh hey Ahsoka was there you know. And probably others for when it's gonna be convenient.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2020, 12:29:20 AM »

The "Jedi" confirmed to be active in the Galaxy at the time when Yoda said "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be" would have been Luke Skywalker. Ahsoka at that time did not consider herself to be a Jedi. Kanan Jarrus would be dead, Ezra Bridger is missing (probably somewhere out in the Unknown Regions), and we don't truly know if Cal Kestis is actually alive or not. Grogu has not been a Jedi for about 25 years at that point, so yeah, it makes sense that Yoda would believe himself, Luke and Obi-Wan to have been the "last of the Jedi".

So here's another thought that I had today, what if the Force User that responds to Grogu's call was Luuke Skywalker (Clone of the original). They could get Sebastian Stan to play him (thereby explaining why he doesn't look exactly the same), and explain how Maz Kanata ended up with the Lightsaber. I feel like many people would like that, and I think it is something that Jon and Dave have done, especially with the emphasis on clones that Dave has always had, as well as the emphasis on clones in this specific show. We could then potentially also get Mara Jade as well. Thoughts?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: