Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Discussion of "Solo, A Star Wars Story"  (Read 19529 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 10:40:19 PM »

Overall I have to agree with most of the reviews posted here - I found it a solid action/adventure film but perhaps a bit too formulaic - you could apply most of the story to any setting e.g. instead of Star Wars galaxy could easily substitute a 'real world' setting with the same basic premise (swap super magic fuel source for diamonds, space ships for fast cars). Still it pieced together the key parts of Han's history it intended to . Scene stealers for me were definitely Danny Glover Lando and Paul Bettany Dryden - to the extent this was a 'young' Han Solo the fact he seemed to take a back seat more often than not to other characters was to be expected. 

The greatest question i had coming out was where to from here - there were a lot of threads left to follow, if these are addressed in a 'sequel' then this is a well above average set up for one or two more films that can build on what was here very easily - if not then the new canon is going to have some ugly loose ends flopping about (you know more than it already has with the tenuous link between RotJ and VII and VIII).  I genuinely hope it is built upon, there is a lot of potential. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »

Scene stealers for me were definitely Danny Glover Lando

LMAO  Cheesy

It's Donald Glover, simple mistake. But now I really want to see Danny Glover as Lando and Mel Gibson as Han. Let's call it "Lothal Weapon." HAHA!

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »

LMAO  Cheesy

It's Donald Glover, simple mistake. But now I really want to see Danny Glover as Lando and Mel Gibson as Han. Let's call it "Lothal Weapon." HAHA!

Yes!!! It'd be epic!!

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: