Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Overlord Mod Recommendations  (Read 1623 times)
CMCHammer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 19, 2012, 04:55:39 AM »

Hi All,

I have apparently been out of the mix so long that I missed the transition to the new board since I had to create an account. I am looking at getting an Overlord but I am hesitant because I want to find a way to make it my own. I don't want to just stick a few o rings on it. I thought about putting a thumb screw where the blade retention screw is but after seeing some of the review pictures for where it is placed, it doesn't look like a good option. I am still basically a beginner on doing modifications but I am open to any suggestions.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:49:36 AM »

Buy the Dark War Glaive emitter and place on the top.  It changes the look of the Overlord dramatically and you get to keep the vented emitter look.  I put my War Glaive emitter on the top of my Stunt Overlord and I like it very much.  Really changes it and makes it very unique.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »

I'd say add some lower grips, either leather wrapped or rubber T grips, and then maybe throw a Consular emitter on it with a Guardian Pommel. That's just what comes to my mind. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:40:16 AM »

You guys are nuts, the emitter is the best part of an Overlord.

Cool

CMCHammer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »

I do really like the current emitter and unless I get tired of it I don't think I'll change that. After posting this I did look at pommels and I think I may get the Archon pommel. I think a grip would be nice to add to breakup the handle a little but I'm uncertain what material I am going to want to go with. The character I am envisioning for this I am not certain a leather grip would go with the costume and the Black rubber t grips you won't really see that well. If there are any recommendations on other possible materials I am open to feedback and even better if you have pictures of how it looks on other sabers. Thanks again.

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »

The Archon pommel looks awesome on an Overlord, in my opinion.  That is what I have on mine.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

I use the Guardian pommel on my Overlord.

dark side points please

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:40 PM »

You might try hitting the hardware store and looking for anything with a long WHITE rubber strip. I used something like that on my old SI V2, and it looks great IMHO. Also, Archon pommel is a good choice. It's my favorite pommel (the dark version, anyways). Looks awesome and has EPIC resonance for sound. Cool

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

I think the Dark Shock pommel would go really nice on the Overlord.It just jives with the scheme pretty well. Overlord is a great basic MHS hilt with lots of room for custom adds.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: