Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hi! I should have called myself a Youngling  (Read 945 times)
PadawanKat
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: March 18, 2021, 05:39:01 PM »

Hello! I have been a long time Star Wars movie fan but after I began dating my now finace I've jumped down the rabit hole so to speak. We met at a medieval larp club but his love of Star Wars trumps his love for that. He's been showing me how much there is to the fan base and now I am interested in making a larp ready light saber for myself. I am more interested in doing a wholely costom one than buying one ready to go, but I have no idea what I am doing. Is it possible to purchase the electronic guts in a plain tube hilt and fabricate my own casing? What advice does anyone have for a beginner?
Thanks for your time!
PadawanKat.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 06:34:08 PM »

Hello and welcome!
SW is all. SW is love. =D

I understand the need to built a custom saber.
The closest thing you can do on ultrasaber is to shop in the "saber parts" section. You''l find claws, emitters, pommels...
I'm not sure about the electronics though. Someone else might answer that question =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 07:35:48 PM »

Ha, youngling... not with a fiance you're not (at least I hope)! I think the closest you'd get to the term you're looking for (to downgrade yourself so to speak, in knowledge or accomplishment/training) if not Padawan would be Initiate then...? Though "Jedi" with a fiance also has it's issues, so I doubt anyone will blame you regardless for your choice of title. People aren't that "strict" about such things, here anyway (to the best of my knowledge).

So yeah, welcome Padawan! I have mad respect for your desire to truly build your own lightsaber. But dare I say, it will prove a challenging task without some prior knowledge, skills, tools, etc. You're basically looking at a Knight or Master level task if you want to use those kind of references. You can of course purchase hilt, blade, emitters, pommels, etc from US but as Darth Rondoudou mentioned I think you will have to get the other pieces elsewhere... All the wiring, (sound card and speaker if you're getting that advanced), battery cradle/battery pack, LED module, etc.

I'm betting someone more qualified in that realm would be able to better answer the specifics of acquiring them, since fabricating a hilt or blades are a whole different thing. All of it is achievable with the right tools, but you're talking pretty expensive overall if you don't own/have access to them. But most of what you want to do is achievable if approached right, and planned out properly. Glad he got you into this and you can enjoy it together! May the Force serve you well in your endeavor!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 10:54:33 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 08:24:02 AM »

What you want can easily be done. My daughter and I do it all of the time. Ultrasabers is a great place to start as th e sabers are very easy to install. They are also largely compatible with parts from TCSS giving them more options than others have.

Welcome to your journey. 

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 04:24:37 PM »

Welcome! 
When I read "fabricate my own casing", i think of a blank metal tube of which you want to carve away metal to create some final product.  Is that it? 
I have not done this but everything i have seen requires an expensive machine and tools that the regular shmo does have. 

You may more easily achieve your goal by assembling hilt parts from the site mentioned by firehand10k.

Fabrication of a hilt:
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=uWJawPqbflo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=uWJawPqbflo</a>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: