Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy V3 Guardian Blue with Obsidian V4  (Read 2378 times)
Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« on: February 24, 2016, 12:29:56 AM »

Ok guys, where do I start... first of all: wow, Ultrasabers are awesome! I ordered on the 15th, it shipped on the 19th and arrived at the 24th, so if they have the hilt in stock and there is no shortage of parts like batteries or soundboards, they are really really fast.

I make a short review for my first impression, going into more detail a little bit later. This time I ordered a Prophecy V3 in Guardian Blue with the Obsidian V4 soundboard and a 32'' Heavygrade blade, FoC on Violet Amethyst. I had each time a total blast when I

- opened the package
- turned on the lightsaber
- spun it around and hit things with it
- triggered the lockup
- circled through the 8 different preinstalled soundfonts
- installed new soundfonts
- put it together to a first draft of a saberstaff with my Dominix LE V3 Stunt (with 24'' inch blades on each side)
- spun the saberstaff

I may or may not have squealed each time. Soooooo... yes, I'm totally lost to the real beauty of Ultrasabers, after just having caught a glimps of it with the grab bag saber. Hopefully my Dark Prophecy in Blazing Red will arrive soon! Because I'm also totally lost to the idea of a double Prophecy saberstaff

Some pictures:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:35:38 AM by Layana » Logged

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 12:39:55 AM »

It looks so nice and shiny Shocked  And yes it came to you so quickly, very exciting.  I don't think I've ever seen someone put together a Prophecy staff, I look fwd to seeing it.  And thank you for the great pictures.  Congrats!  Point awarded!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:54 AM »

Nice saber and off set staff Tongue Can't wait to see the other half of the Prophecy staff though. Will be a cool set up for sure. Like a light and dark twin

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 06:22:05 AM »

Classy.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:19:06 PM »

Very nice. I've always admired the Prophecy. It's an elegant saber, congrats! And I love that you got it in GB  Cheesy
I'm hoping they eventually have a CE version again like they did long ago... +1 for sharing

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:00 PM »

Wow, that looks awesome!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »

Lovely review. I will soon be getting a Dark Prophecy v3 in GB to go along with my Dark Prophecy v3 in BR.  I hope you enjoy your saber!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »

Thank you for your words and points!
Now I try to get more into detail, following more or less the same routine as with my first review.

Blade, colour and brightness: For the Prophecy I bought a Heavygrade 32'' blade, ready for duelling and because I already knew that 36'' would be too long for my height. For the saberstaff assembly I bought two 24'' blades in Heavygrade, same reason (the staff now exceeds my height slightly, and with another Prophecy hilt it will be about the right height). I absolutely LOVE the silver look of the non-UE blade and I am also a huge fan of the more thinner look of the blade. UE depicts a more "fuller" blade, that is ok with my Adegan Silver saber, but with the Guardian Blue, I am more keen for non-UE blades. Maybe I just stick with non-UE blades from now on. Guardian Blue is a wonderful colour, glad I picked that one and not the "more true" Arctic Blue. I don't want to go canon, so the Guardian Blue was absolutely the right choice with this hilt. For brightness I just have to say: wow, so this is what coloured LED looks like. Filters and color discs are nothing, compared to the brightness of the real colour - you can see this on my saberstaff picture, where I used one Lee filter on my AS saber vs. the LED of the Prophecy (and also note the brightness of the AS itself, without filters). I chose FoC in Violet Amethyst and I love it, yet I mourn the absence of the possibilty to set FoC to Silver too... at least my Dark Shock will have an Emerald driver. It came as I ordered with a Standard plug and I am so happy about it. I can forgive US to have sent me an X plug with my grab bag saber, because now I got my Standard ^^

Hilt: I love the assymetric look of the Prophecy (that was one of the reasons I ordered the Dark Prophecy in the first place) and I also love the all-silver. I didn't know that it would please me this much, because I'd rather go for black-silver hilts, but the Prophecy is just gorgeous. The two gold screws are a little bit odd but ok. I ordered a silver AV switch with blue lighting and it was the right choice. The Dark Prophecy will have a black AV but without the red light. It came with a Covertec wheel, so that I can clip it right into my belt, but the wheel is a little bit on the big side. I had to see how I can get a good grip and hold of the saber without ripping my hands open on the wheel. I may choose to add another pommel in the future, but my favoured pommels are currently out of stock, so I just go with the standard hole pommel at the moment.

Saberstaff: I hope to assemble the double Prophecy light/dark staff once the DP is shipped, but for now I have my Dominix to join, and boy... I have too much fun with the saberstaff...! Cheesy

That's my first part, handling / duelling and soundboard review will follow! As well as more pictures.

Here's a first tiny video:
https://sendvid.com/luyk7l28
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:58:39 PM by Layana » Logged

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)

Sold:

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 09:34:43 PM »

Second part of my review:
I wanted to write some fangirl stuff about the Obsidian V4 and the fun with sound, but unfortunately my speaker decided to let me down, so now I try to recall the fun I had on the day the speaker did not make crackling sounds and was over all much better.

First of all I was impressed by the sound of Obsidian, a loud and clear sound, and all of the preinstalled soundfonts were cool and steady. I decided to change some of them, loading Sith, Kylo Ren and (for fun) the Cat-Meow into the saber. My favourit sounds are atm: Sith, Blackstar, Episode 6 and Mute. I love how I can decide on way more than one motion, clash and also lockup sound. I was a little bit dissapointed that some of the banks did now allow me to have all the sounds I wanted in it becaues of size, but I read something about adjusting bank sizes, so I just gonna try this. The sound was way too loud for my husband and my cats, so I decided to set the new fonts to 50% - it's still loud enough but does not blast our ears away.

The Launcher is easy to use and has a good wizard (for installing and for using), so kudos to the programmers.

Here is a short video of me having fun with new soundfonts: https://sendvid.com/39i9y6lj

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)

Sold:

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »

Ok, so... I had to send the Prophecy back for repair, but Brandon was super helpful and nice so I expect it back as soon as the postal service is ready for doing it's job, because I know that US will do their's Wink

I just try to remember things for my third part of the detailed review, and there will be another video and also more fotos!

Handling the saber: I had to see where I can hold the hilt best without ripping my hands on the very big Covertec wheel, but I found a grip around, so that I don't touch wheel or switch. The Prophecy is light and small enough to wield it with one hand (in comparion to the Dominix, which is a two-hander for me) and after some training I could swing it very fast and smooth. The motion sound is flaweless on all of the preinstalled soundfonts, the FoC has its hickups but when it fires, I love it. Just don't hit something with the width of the blade but do pointed strokes for FoC. I duelled a little bit with my husband, but we have to see how that is going outside when it's warmer, and also I did not want to go full duelling on my UE-blade with the HG-blade. 32'' is just right for me, I could even go for 24'' on the saber, regarding handling, spinning and carrying the saber with blade on, it just lacks reach.

Handling the saberstaff: best choice to have two 24'' blades for my saberstaff. The Heavygrade blades are stable but not this heavy on the 24'' length. The Dominix LE V3 is a big und heavy hilt, so I expect the double Prophecy staff to be perfect for me. It is a little bit bigger than I am at the moment, but I can handle it really well already. The FoC reacts also on clashes with the Stunt hilt, that adds something to it (although it flashes on the Obsidian hilt, but oh well, I go for more FoC instead of accuracy at any time). I have too much fun with the saberstaff, maybe I just fight with such a weapon and not with blades, I can handle staffs better than blades in terms of movement ^^

Carrying the saber(s): with the 24'' blades I actually could carry both sabers with the Covertec on a hip-heigh belt; I did so with the Dominix already assembled with the coupler and the Prophecy with the pommel, so I just had to take away one pommel, screw them together and have my saberstaff ready!

Made a short video of one-handed spinning the saberstaff, which is not easy and certainly not elegant, but it will do: https://sendvid.com/ciol6vol

Made some more pictures too, with a light violet tint/filter in my AS Stunt; the Dominix is much dimmer atm, but that should be the batteries. Prophecy is fully loaded. Had fun with my Sith attire, despite of wielding a light/blue saber - I just say that I have that from a slain Jedi Tongue

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:46:33 PM by Layana » Logged

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)

Sold:

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 06:54:29 PM »

Thank you for the updates ... have another point Smiley. I hope your Prophecy will return soon, but US will take good care of it.

Now I must know: when will your husband get his OWN lightsaber? ... We all know the Sith won't share for very long! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »

Haha thank you!

In fact... the Dark Prophecy was meant to be his! I have the Dark Shock for myself, which will be Dark Violet Amethyst most of the time (but has an Emerald driver to go full Sith/Ren), but then the backorder time stretched and streched... so I just decided to have a Prophecy as the twin duelling blade and as a second part of a double Prophecy light/dark-side staff. I'm pondering on getting a Manticore to stick it together with the Dark Shock for making my very own Emerald saberstaff, so that we also can duell with two staffs, his will then be the double Prophecy Wink atm, the Dominix and the Prophecy are both mine, mine alone *muahaha* XD

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)

Sold:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: