Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Channel Confusion  (Read 1726 times)
Inconsolable
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 20, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »

Hello.

I was having difficulty deciding what color to make my latest saber, so I decided to go with an Emerald model. The problem is, due to the complexity of it all, I'm afraid I may have screwed up. I chose the four channel configuration (RBGW) but I also chose to dedicate channel 4 to the AV switch. I assume that means that I paid for a fourth channel that isn't going to be able to be used (white), right? It seems to be wasted money, but how much does this affect my color selection?

--------------------------
EMERALD Consular
Green Manticore
Red Scorpion

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:57 AM »

I believe this just means that the AV switch is in series with the W LED, that is to say that if you're utilising that LED then the AV switch will light up

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »

I believe this just means that the AV switch is in series with the W LED, that is to say that if you're utilising that LED then the AV switch will light up

That is a different option (In series with W LED).  From the sound of it, he picked the dedicated to AV switch option.

This is one of the options that I am considering myself.  From Emory's video description, the only downside is that in order to make white/silver color you have to mix the other three colors (RGB).

Inconsolable
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

I'm actually feeling better about my choice now. Only problem is that I forgot to select an AV switch when I ordered. Quickly sent an email letting them know I wanted one. Hopefully they see it in time. I hear the default switch is pretty terrible. I'd be really disappointed. Fingers crossed.

--------------------------
EMERALD Consular
Green Manticore
Red Scorpion

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: