Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Channel Voltages.  (Read 3231 times)
RavenXp
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 12, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »

Hello, i'm currently planning a saber build from scratch and want to use the emerald board with obsidian. I already asked Emery, and I can special order a board, but I need info from the community. My question is, what is the max output voltage and amperage on the emerald board channels? Would like to know before I get the board so I can get all the right resistors and such, if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:01:09 PM »

With Emerald, you don't need any resistors (except when using an illuminated AV switch - search the forum for this type of wiring and resistoring). The whole power output to the LEDs is controlled by the board itself. You only have to specify the following in the Launcher:

Battery Voltage (normally 7.4V because of the Li-Ion setup)
LED Type (best ask Emory for this - from the video I think it must be the LedEngin 10W RGBW or RGBA, according to which Driver and LED you ordered, but I'm not sure! So ask him or let him set up the whole Driver settings before shipping!)
Overdrive (should always be 100 for all channels - this guarantees the best performance and lifespan for all of the LEDs)

After clicking "Write Config" the Emerald Driver is ready for wiring and usage.

You find everything you need for wiring in the help file of the Launcher.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:21:21 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: