Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is this a good deal?  (Read 1005 times)
xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

Dark Side Points!

« on: November 23, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »

While I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my new saber, I thought I would check around for some costumes to match. I came across this: http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-darth-maul-tunic-robe-costume-custom-made.html

Now I would not use the set to actually be darth maul, but it covers all the bases for sith attire, and I would think it could be personalized to set yourself aside from the infamous dark lord (first of all by losing the face paint lol). I will need a black hooded robe eventually anyway, and was wondering what some of the US forum veterans thought! Thanks again! Grin

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 01:40:05 AM »

I've honestly heard mixed reviews about them. Some say never to buy from them, others say that they're good, and still others warn "you get what you pay for". I think it would depend on what, exactly, you're looking for. If this is just a casual cosplay and you aren't planning to wear it a lot, then I'm sure it's a good deal. If it's something that you want to ensure lasts for a good, long time, you might want to go with someone else. I've never ordered from them personally, but as I said, I have seen mixed reviews.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

xANTO1NEx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

Dark Side Points!

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 01:45:48 AM »

I've honestly heard mixed reviews about them. Some say never to buy from them, others say that they're good, and still others warn "you get what you pay for". I think it would depend on what, exactly, you're looking for. If this is just a casual cosplay and you aren't planning to wear it a lot, then I'm sure it's a good deal. If it's something that you want to ensure lasts for a good, long time, you might want to go with someone else. I've never ordered from them personally, but as I said, I have seen mixed reviews.

This is the kind of reason I ask. I run into the same issue in the realm of firearm accessories, so my assumption that it carried over into costuming was correct lol. For what I would use it with, I'm sure it would work just fine, but I'd rather pay a little extra for higher quality and more presentable materials. Hence I spent hundreds on an ultrasaber Smiley

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »

You do get what you pay for, I bought the Luke Return of the Jedi costume, the pant I knew would be cheaply made. The shirt had very cheap buttons on it they popped open every time I moved. I just used my work shirt which is black, but the vest, tabards, and obi covered it up so no one noticed. 

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: