Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Belt Clip  (Read 1950 times)
sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:18 AM »

Where can I find a holder to go on my belt, to clip to Saber onto with the "disc clip" that comes on most of the sabers. And how would I go about installing on onto an ultrasaber without one?

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »

Here's an answer to your first part US sells them. http://www.ultrasabers.com/Accessories-s/69.html

As for the rest; I think you could sent it back to US and have them do it, or try it yourself by drilling a hole in your saber and adding it on with a screw.( Yes I did say drilling, hole, and screw in the same sentence(get your minds out of the gutter)).  Grin Tongue

You might have to email the guys to see how they would charge for it, I think it was under the FAQs on the lightsaber site.

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:53:10 AM »

Thanks much.

Kind of off topic, but still a construction question, so I shall ask it here so I dont go and make another thread...

Do they have thumb screws for blade retention, or is it all Allen Wrench-esque screws

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Killic
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 01:05:42 AM »

I believe they do, called quick disconnect, but not sure if they sell those seperately. Again you can send them an email and ask.  Smiley

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:12:45 AM »

I thought quick disconnect was for the LED Module though.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Killic
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:17:38 AM »

You could be right, I'm not the expert here, I'm still a noob at these things. Cheesy

Maybe some of the long timers here will answer. Wink

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 01:43:33 AM »

I thought quick disconnect was for the LED Module though.

you are right.  Quick Disconnect or QD for short, are for the LED module and not the blade.  As for thumb screws for blade retention purposes, Ultra Sabers does not sell them but you can buy them on TCSS (the custom saber shop) in varying colors, or you can buy them at your local hardware store depending on where you look.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »

Thumb retention screws are not as secure as allen wrench screws since an allen wrench can press the screw more snug against the blade than what your hands can. which is why ultrasabers does not sell them. safety first.  Smiley Like Nekesus said you can find them else where, but thumb screws are usually not used for securing the blade, but more as decoration or to hold shrouds in their place.

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 01:52:31 AM »

Thumb retention screws are not as secure as allen wrench screws since an allen wrench can press the screw more snug against the blade than what your hands can. which is why ultrasabers does not sell them. safety first.  Smiley Like Nekesus said you can find them else where, but thumb screws are usually not used for securing the blade, but more as decoration or to hold shrouds in their place.

Okay thanks much. I was hoping to use thumb screws or something similar to easily remove the blade for costume purposes, but be able to just pop the blade right back in for impromptu duels. But if it's a safety hazard, the I can just deal the the blade staying on at all times.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »

Here's an answer to your first part US sells them. http://www.ultrasabers.com/Accessories-s/69.html

As for the rest; I think you could sent it back to US and have them do it, or try it yourself by drilling a hole in your saber and adding it on with a screw.( Yes I did say drilling, hole, and screw in the same sentence(get your minds out of the gutter)).  Grin Tongue

You might have to email the guys to see how they would charge for it, I think it was under the FAQs on the lightsaber site.

Maybe you're the one with your mind in the gutter Wink

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Killic
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »

Maybe you're the one with your mind in the gutter Wink

Oh I know my mind is in the gutter, I was just trying to drag a few more into it with mine  Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: