Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: X-Wing Miniatures game  (Read 2070 times)
Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« on: May 07, 2019, 05:57:24 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I didn't see a section for board and dice RPG's. My friend recently gave me a Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game set (or at least part of it). I know nothing about this type of game. I know I'm missing dice though, but it's essentially a space battle game with miniature ships (I guess that's pretty obvious). Anyone know anything about this particular game? I feel like I would need a lot more ships to play. If there's a better section to put this or look for info please let me know. Thanks.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »

Hi Bob,

I have this game you speak of and I love it. unfortunately, dice are necessary but I believe that any parts you need can be purchased from the Fantasy Flight games website. and for the number of ships thing, my rule is, the more the better!

I hope this helps

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 06:37:05 PM »

Indeed it does help, my friend! Thank you. More ships definitely seems like the way to go. I just looked and realized it is just an expansion pack. I have an Imperial Assault Carrier with two Tie Fighters. I feel like my friend just set me up to spend bank on a ton of ships (I would want them anyway though Smiley) This could get really expensive! My expansion pack was $74 dollars alone. I was just looking at star destroyers that cost upwards of $200! I just found a place near by where you can play these types of games, D&D, Warhammer etc. for free if you have all the parts and pieces, now I just need to find other people to play with. I watched a YouTube tutorial and it looks like a lot of fun. Where are you located?
Thanks again!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 07:02:36 PM »

I'm just south of Houston Tx. If I were you, I would focus on buying individual ships for one faction. that way you can increase your playability in the cheapest way possible.

-Broadside

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »

Great advice! Just checked out the Fantasy Flight games website. Now it doesn't seem so daunting. Buying a few ships at a time isn't so bad. I'm glad I already have Imperial ships too. You have been very helpful. Much appreciated! 

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 10:21:39 PM »

No problem. let me know if you need anything else

-Broadside

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 12:40:32 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I didn't see a section for board and dice RPG's. My friend recently gave me a Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game set (or at least part of it). I know nothing about this type of game. I know I'm missing dice though, but it's essentially a space battle game with miniature ships (I guess that's pretty obvious). Anyone know anything about this particular game? I feel like I would need a lot more ships to play. If there's a better section to put this or look for info please let me know. Thanks.

Warning: Be careful of plastic crack; it can be addictive.  Haha.  I've been playing the game a bit too.  The new version 2.0 is far in a way better than the original. Start small, but you'll want to add a few extra ships.  If your starting out and like that game then buy 2 core sets. This is a deal when you consider your getting not only 4 TIE Fighters and 2 X-Wings but extra dice, rulers, rules, etc. It works out better than the expansions packs. But eventually, as I said, you'll want at least a few expansion packs.

We used to play this a lot so I have more than a couple of ships. It can be a fun game, but heed the warning. Grin

Always try to do what is right.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 12:45:27 PM »

Warning: Be careful of plastic crack; it can be addictive. 

I know this all too well.

-Broadside

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 01:28:28 PM »

If you like deluxe tokens, rulers and trays, check out https://www.etsy.com/shop/HighbridgeDesign?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=547347639

Makes it easier to carry stuff.

Check to see if your set is 1st edition or 2nd.  There's a conversion kit that'll upgrade your cards to 2nd edition.

Look for game shops in your area.  The game seems popular enough at FLGS.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »

If you like deluxe tokens, rulers and trays, check out https://www.etsy.com/shop/HighbridgeDesign?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=547347639

Makes it easier to carry stuff.

Check to see if your set is 1st edition or 2nd.  There's a conversion kit that'll upgrade your cards to 2nd edition.

Look for game shops in your area.  The game seems popular enough at FLGS.

Thanks for the info, janx!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: