Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Single LED Swapped to TRI CREE LED question.  (Read 812 times)
Stephen.morici
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 29, 2017, 04:47:09 AM »

I bought a Ultra sabers Prophecy V3 2nd Hand with the V3 obsidian sound board, Lithium ion batteries, resisted single LED and i want to put in the Ultra sabers TRI CREE LED. Is this possible by just replacing the LED module?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:32:38 PM »

If it has US lithiums then there are 7.4 coming from the batteries. This many volts will burn out your led without any resistance. If it has a buckpuck then you covered I believe.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

MdWolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »

Get the Tri-Cree you want. You will also need a resistor on each wire leading to each led die on the positive side and wire it in parallel. You can get the led board from US or you can go to TCSS. TCSS will also have the resistors that you will need. You will need to use the proper resistor for the led that you're using.  Use this calculator, http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz. The voltage and current information will be listed under the led color on the TCSS site. Example: With a Green Tri-Cree you will have a source voltage of 7.4v with a voltage drop of 3.58 @1000mA of current. The calc. says that you will need a 3.9 ohm 3.9v resistor. There is no 3.9v resistor so you move up to the next highest one. That means that you would get the 3.9ohm 5w resistor for each of the Green led die. In your case, the source voltage will not be different, but, the voltage drop and current will depending on the led color used. Any questions, let us know. there are plenty of us here who will help.

They can hear a cloud pass overhead, the rhythm of your blood. 
They can track you by yesterday's shadow.
They can tear the scream from your throat.
There is no defense.

Guardian(Weathered & Shattered) - Custom Orange Tri-Cree(36") w/Green FoC - Obsidian v4   -   Mine
Scorpion - Sentinel Yellow(36") w/FO FoC - Obsidian v4   -   Mine
Korbanth Graflex 2.0 Kit   -   Building ESB Version  -  Mine
Dark Sentinel v4 - Violet Amethyst(32") w/SRD FoC - Obsidian v4   -   Wife's
Dominix LE v4 Grab Bag - Blazing Red(36") - Stunt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: