Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need some hype!  (Read 2275 times)
ZZ94
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 27, 2016, 06:02:58 AM »

A young man's dream: the Dark Prophecy v3 in Pyrestone Orange with Silver FoC and Obsidian Lite Sound. I do have the funds to buy it, but my job is not the highest paying by any means, and I'm finding it hard to justify the purchase. (Note: I DO have 2 sabers via the Grab Bag option, Guardian Blue Sentinel v4 and Consular Green Sentinel LE v4, so I do know how amazing and durable these sabers are.) I'm aware of the back order on the hilt design I'm drooling for, and was hoping to have this for a costumed Halloween wedding I've been invited to. I need some devil's advocates and some "hype guys" to help me decide whether I should order it immediately, save up for it, or hold off and make sure it's in my best interest. (Note: the total after shipping would be $330.)

Sabers: Guardian Blue Sentinel v4; Consular Green Sentinel LE v4. Blazing Red Dark Initiate v2 w/ Premium Sound, Blazing Red Dark Initiate v2
Wishlist: Pyrestone Orange Dark Prophecy; Consular Green Consular, Emerald Renegade w/ Sound

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:19:10 AM »

In all seriousness though, if you need to pay the bills you need to pay the bills. If you can sacrifice a couple weekends of bowling and movies, however...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »

Hey ZZ94,

The Prophecy is an amazing hilt - I've just ordered one myself. Smiley

They are OOS though, so waiting another month wouldn't kill it, and you'd still have it well before October.

If; however, you - oh, I don't know - say...wanted to get in on the raffle, and potentially get more sabers, you could pull that trigger now. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »

Well those statements are both true. I think I would wait for a sale so that you can save some money and get the saber you want.
 Patience , good things come to those who wait.  Cheesy

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Darth_Seishin
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 10:50:06 PM »

I'm hoping for a "May the 4th be with you" sale, fingers crossed!

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 12:06:08 AM »

Do as Burce said XD Just do it! Lol. Would be cool then to win more sabers if you were lucky to. Heck I would right now if I could. I'd go Jedi colors though. Consular Green blade, either silver or yellow flash, non lit av switch though, Manticore high pommel to give it more of a Star Wars lightsaber look. Not that there's nothing wrong with the stock pommel because there isn't but yeah

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 04:48:54 PM »

Spring raffle entry! Weigh it all out and if youre gonna end up getting it later because "why not" or some other random reason; dont waste the chance to make your purchase count. Also, be careful with your reward points! Dont convert them til you are GOOD and READY to use them! (just in case you didnt know or forgot.)

The Wolfpack Lives!

Wicasawakan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:09:41 PM »

I was upset at first that I saw Out of Stock over and over but I've received all my orders within a week.

ZZ94
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 06:11:02 AM »

Thanks for all the advice! In the end, I went a totally different route: a friend of mine was looking at the Aeon v3 with Premium Sound in Dark Violet Amethyst, and we agreed that if we won anything from the raffle, I could have the prize saber. Now just crossing my fingers for a "May the 4th" sale on MY baby!

Sabers: Guardian Blue Sentinel v4; Consular Green Sentinel LE v4. Blazing Red Dark Initiate v2 w/ Premium Sound, Blazing Red Dark Initiate v2
Wishlist: Pyrestone Orange Dark Prophecy; Consular Green Consular, Emerald Renegade w/ Sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: