Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Color Settings-- Just for fun!  (Read 117622 times)
Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:06 AM »

Thank you for your input hazard. I do follow all of that I was specifically looking for a break down of that common way of sharing the settings. As in:

0 sec ramp up = the number you put in total time

0.02 sec at top = The number set by the first slider
R 0 G 255 B 255 W 0 = Main blade color
Ect..

And the same for the FoC section.

I know my example above is not correct so I'd like someone to break it down for me line by line or point me to the thread that does. I've tried searching but can't seem to find the legend on those maps.
Thanks again though. I appreciate your help.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 08:36:41 PM »

It's quite easy Smiley Let's start with

1) Pulse Mode

The large bar indicates the colours set for Pulse Mode. Depending on the time settings (we'll get to that later) you have up to 4 parts where 2 of them are clickable (it's easy to find out which ones Wink ). By clicking on them you will enter the colour picker in Advanced Mode (that's the one with the sliders and percentages). Better use Easy Mode (click on the icon "Easy") to get your "rough" colour and only do the fine-tuning in Advanced Mode! It was possible to enter RGB values in Easy Mode, but this option has been removed...

Now, the time settings.
You have the box "Total time" where you enter the time for one complete cycle (this cycle will repeat with the time setting as long as your saber is on). You have 3 white bars across the colour bar - with these you can adjust the times of the Pulse Mode sections "Ramp up" (transition time from colour 2 to 1, slider 1), "Colour 1" (duration of your Pulse colour, slider 2), "Ramp down" (transition time from colour 1 to 2, slider 3) and "Colour 2" (duration of your base colour).

2) FoC (only available on sound sabers)

For FoC it's similar to Pulse Mode. However, you only have 2 parts on the colour bar (both are clickable) and 1 slider. Total time here means the same as for Pulse Mode - duration of one cycle. With "Play x times" you can determine how often that cycle is played on an impact.

An example:

Pulse Mode
Total time: 2.00s ===> one cycle is 2.00s

Transition: -----------------------------------------> 0.40s ===> switch from colour 2 to colour 1 takes 0.40s
Colour 1 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% W/A 6.4%): 0.60s ===> colour 1 stays for 0.60s ("Pulse colour")
Transition: -----------------------------------------> 0.20s ===> switch from colour 1 to colour 2 takes 0.20s
Colour 2 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% WA/ 0%): -> 0.80s ===> colour 2 stays for 0.80s ("base colour")

FoC
Total time: 0.48s ===> one cycle is 0.48s

Colour 1 (R 0% G 0% B 100% W/A 0%): --> 0.24s ===> colour 1 stays for 0.24s ("FoC colour")
Colour 2 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% WA/ 0%): 0.24s ===> colour 2 stays for 0.24s ("base colour")

Play 2 times ===> cycle is played 2 times (2 x 0.48s = 0.96s) upon 1 (!) impact

Hope that helps a bit Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2015, 07:45:23 AM »

It's quite easy Smiley Let's start with

1) Pulse Mode

The large bar indicates the colours set for Pulse Mode. Depending on the time settings (we'll get to that later) you have up to 4 parts where 2 of them are clickable (it's easy to find out which ones Wink ). By clicking on them you will enter the colour picker in Advanced Mode (that's the one with the sliders and percentages). Better use Easy Mode (click on the icon "Easy") to get your "rough" colour and only do the fine-tuning in Advanced Mode! It was possible to enter RGB values in Easy Mode, but this option has been removed...

Now, the time settings.
You have the box "Total time" where you enter the time for one complete cycle (this cycle will repeat with the time setting as long as your saber is on). You have 3 white bars across the colour bar - with these you can adjust the times of the Pulse Mode sections "Ramp up" (transition time from colour 2 to 1, slider 1), "Colour 1" (duration of your Pulse colour, slider 2), "Ramp down" (transition time from colour 1 to 2, slider 3) and "Colour 2" (duration of your base colour).

2) FoC (only available on sound sabers)

For FoC it's similar to Pulse Mode. However, you only have 2 parts on the colour bar (both are clickable) and 1 slider. Total time here means the same as for Pulse Mode - duration of one cycle. With "Play x times" you can determine how often that cycle is played on an impact.

An example:

Pulse Mode
Total time: 2.00s ===> one cycle is 2.00s

Transition: -----------------------------------------> 0.40s ===> switch from colour 2 to colour 1 takes 0.40s
Colour 1 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% W/A 6.4%): 0.60s ===> colour 1 stays for 0.60s ("Pulse colour")
Transition: -----------------------------------------> 0.20s ===> switch from colour 1 to colour 2 takes 0.20s
Colour 2 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% WA/ 0%): -> 0.80s ===> colour 2 stays for 0.80s ("base colour")

FoC
Total time: 0.48s ===> one cycle is 0.48s

Colour 1 (R 0% G 0% B 100% W/A 0%): --> 0.24s ===> colour 1 stays for 0.24s ("FoC colour")
Colour 2 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% WA/ 0%): 0.24s ===> colour 2 stays for 0.24s ("base colour")

Play 2 times ===> cycle is played 2 times (2 x 0.48s = 0.96s) upon 1 (!) impact

Hope that helps a bit Wink

OK I think I'm getting it. I understand what you've just laid out. I'm going to merge the formula I keep seeing with your info and could you tell me if I'm understanding correctly. Sorry to be such a pain. 

Pulse Mode
[0 sec ramp up

0.02 sec at top
R 0 G 255 B 255 W 0

0 sec ramp down

0.02 sec at bottom
R 0 G 240 B 240 W 0]

Total time: 2.00s ===> one cycle is 2.00s [Doesn't seem to be in he formula but I think you just add up the times in the formula to get this number]

Transition: -----------------------------------------> 0.40s ===> switch from colour 2 to colour 1 takes 0.40s  [0.40 sec ramp up]
Colour 1 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% W/A 6.4%): 0.60s ===> colour 1 stays for 0.60s ("Pulse colour") [0.60 sec at top, R x G x B x W x]
Transition: -----------------------------------------> 0.20s ===> switch from colour 1 to colour 2 takes 0.20s [0.20 sec ramp down]
Colour 2 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% WA/ 0%): -> 0.80s ===> colour 2 stays for 0.80s ("base colour") [0.80 sec at bottom, R x G x B x W x]

FoC
[FOC 0.1 sec / 0.1 sec
Play 1 time
R 0 G 255 B 255 W 255]

Total time: 0.48s ===> one cycle is 0.48s [Doesn't seem to be in he formula but I think you just add up the times in the formula to get this number]

Colour 1 (R 0% G 0% B 100% W/A 0%): --> 0.24s ===> colour 1 stays for 0.24s ("FoC colour") [FOC 0.24 sec /] 
Colour 2 (R 100% G 70.6% B 0% WA/ 0%): 0.24s ===> colour 2 stays for 0.24s ("base colour") [/ 0.1 sec and R x G x B x W x]

Play 2 times ===> cycle is played 2 times (2 x 0.48s = 0.96s) upon 1 (!) impact [play 2 times]

Am I now understanding it all correctly? Thank you very much for helping me with this.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2015, 08:45:54 PM »

Yes, that looks okay. Remember that when playing the FoC effect more than 1 time, the base colour ("colour 2") is visible for 0.24 sec (in my example) and then returns to colour 1 for 0.24 sec (in my example) before returning to colour 2 and continuing with the Pulse Mode settings.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

LoocPac
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2015, 12:40:02 AM »

how can I use these color codes with the new V4 launcher, all it will let me do is percentages

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2015, 08:04:52 PM »

Use the Easy Mode and set the colour values that way. It was possible to enter these values directly while in Easy Mode, but in the latest version v1.03 it's not possible anymore, so you have to do this via the colour picker on the left side...

There was a formula to convert the percentages into RGB values and vice versa, I don't know if that was in this thread or somewhere else, but I know that it exists Cheesy

EDIT: Here it is - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.msg379808#msg379808
Take the value, divide by 255, multiply with 100 and you get the percentage needed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:09:28 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

Solid Stone
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2016, 05:17:35 AM »

Is it possible to make arctic blue with just a 2 channel B+S emerald option? I assumed adding white to blue would get the same result as arctic blue. Am I wrong?

"The Force will be with you... Always" - Old Ben Kenobi

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »

Partially right. AFAIK Arctic Blue is made by mixing Blue and Green together, but adding a bit of White to Guardian Blue should also give a similar colour. Just a small bit, otherwise it becomes too pale!

Sig by Master Nero

Larkin McAllister
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

Close your eyes & feel the light embrace the force

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2016, 02:30:02 AM »

where do I find the emerald driver download??

Guardian
Blade LED Color:Dark Violet Amethyst for Emerald
Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver RGBW LED
Flash on Clash:Flash Bane's Heart for Emerald
Pulse Mode:Pulse to Dark Violet Amethyst
Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & VP1 Charger Included)
Recharge Port:Recharge Port + No Charger
Blade Length:36" Standard Size
Blade UltraEdge Heavy Grade,
Install Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4
Switch Type :Black Non-Illuminated AV Switch
AV Switch Channel:Channel 4
Shroud Finish:Nickel Plated Finish

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2016, 05:37:14 AM »

where do I find the emerald driver download??

Here for Windows users:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23237.0

Here for Mac users:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23236.0

Just note that the Emerald driver is in the Obsidian V4 launcher, it's a package deal.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »

does anyone know how to make hot pink with the Emerald Driver

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2016, 11:23:29 PM »

Red 100
Green 0
Blue 75

Signature banner by DarthScrub

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2016, 12:03:21 AM »

Red 100
Green 0
Blue 75

thank  you so much

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2016, 01:19:53 AM »

thank  you so much
On that note,can you make a saber blade dark(black) or dark purple?I dont think its possible but does anyone know?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 04:19:36 AM »

On that note,can you make a saber blade dark(black) or dark purple?I dont think its possible but does anyone know?

Head here for information on that.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8539.0

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: