Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Converting to non-illuminated AV switch  (Read 1689 times)
jfusco
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« on: June 05, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »

Not understanding the implications of an illuminated AV switch on the Emerald driver, I bought a Malice CE (at a con) with an illuminated switch because I thought it would look cool. It's kind-of neat that I can adjust the white channel and make my button pulse along with my blade but had I known at the time, I probably would have gone non-illuminated.

Does having the white channel available allow for a wider range of color possibilities?

Is it possible and how hard would it be to 86 the illumination (or convert to always on) and re-activate the white channel?

Thanks,
Joe (Lentic Arbiter)

Prophecy v3 4-ch Emerald, Obsidian v4
Menace CE stunt, Guardian Blue
Dark Apprentice v4 stunt, Consular Green
Dominix LE v4 stunt, Guardian Blue

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 01:51:01 AM »

If you have the AV switch configured to its own dedicated channel you can just turn the power setting to that channel all the way down and the switch illumination will be off.

If your switch is wired in series with an active LED channel you could simply turn that channel off.  This would limit your available color palette depending on which color LED the AV is wired.  Alternatively you could cut the AV switch LED wires and splice them to allow power to flow to whatever channel the switch is wired with.  I would be hesitant about the last option.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:10:44 AM by Schtuperman » Logged

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS