Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 95   Go Down
Author Topic: **Mystery Box** What did you get???  (Read 382265 times)
DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #855 on: January 01, 2018, 05:04:26 PM »

Nicks and scuffs are uncommon as far as I know, must be from the workload due to the season

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Zypher
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

May the Force be with you.

« Reply #856 on: January 01, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »

Nicks and scuffs are uncommon as far as I know, must be from the workload due to the season

What are typical defects?

One of the nicks is right in the middle of the smooth silver section at the top of the hilt. 😕

Lightside points greatly appreciated.

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

So I see your schwartz is as big as mine

« Reply #857 on: January 01, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your defects ,,but after all it is aluminum you can always polish it out since your hilt is not black ,a Drexel with a good polish pad and some rubbing compound fix that right up ,unless u have deep groves ,,in that case ,you have battle scars or if your brave draw a pattern grab a file and turn the blemish into your own personalized extension of your creativity, ,I really wouldn't recommend that though unless u have the proper tools and are familiar with them ,but if you plan to duel you will get scrapes on it and from just setting it down as well , I'm making a leather case for my hilt so it's completely gaurded when not in use ,

Saber owned dark sentinal le v4 ,with windows in upside schwartz color,fire orange,and a sentinal v4,with windows  in arctic blue ,a coupler to staff em up,, straight fire and ice
!MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!
P.s -MSIBTY

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #858 on: January 01, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »

When I first started my saber collection a few years ago... scratches and dings on a straight out of the box saber was a disappointment.  But now in a way it's a plus that can show off the character of each saber.  Especially handy if you start to customize your sabers.  Once you get that first battle damage for example to a new car... then after the annoyance you can get on with it and more easily enjoy what you have got.  Smiley

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #859 on: January 01, 2018, 06:23:53 PM »

What are typical defects?

One of the nicks is right in the middle of the smooth silver section at the top of the hilt. 😕

I'm not sure, I've received two sabers so far and they didnt have any marks on them. Not to say it doesn't happen, I just personally haven't gotten them. Also not to add insult to injury, or anything. They're definitely battle scars, you're an experienced Jedi!

Zypher
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #860 on: January 01, 2018, 06:35:39 PM »

I will be stage fighting with it, so it’ll probably be dinged up eventually. I’ve never worked with aluminum, but I have made metal jewelry and still have the tools. May think about what to do with it. I like the idea of leather wrapping that I’ve seen here, so I’ll give it some thought. Thanks for sharing your experiences though! I may try again - I’m not entirely discouraged.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #861 on: January 01, 2018, 06:44:07 PM »

Have you checked out Drahcir's work? Could lurk his thread for battle damage ideas

Zypher
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #862 on: January 01, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

Have you checked out Drahcir's work? Could lurk his thread for battle damage ideas

I haven’t but I will check it out! Thanks!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #863 on: January 01, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »

If you watch the Mystery Box video, it says that cosmetic flaws are possible when purchasing. I'm sure thats why they offer them so inexpensively, to move stock that isn't quite up to US's standards. If it bothers you, sand and buff

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #864 on: January 01, 2018, 08:51:36 PM »

If you watch the Mystery Box video, it says that cosmetic flaws are possible when purchasing. I'm sure thats why they offer them so inexpensively, to move stock that isn't quite up to US's standards. If it bothers you, sand and buff

Thanks for the info, LAK! I didn't realize mystery boxes may come a little experienced Shocked

exodus26
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #865 on: January 01, 2018, 10:54:19 PM »

After maybe 3-4 duels my saber has taken a good beating. I typically don't drop it but it can still get little scuffs. I let a friend use it and his slippery grip dropped it a few times. Got some deeper cuts on the pommel....but like most say, it adds character, plus you don't need to worry about scuffing it again in the future so that stress is gone haha. I did drop it once after some dueling and it bent my covertec wheel. Now it doesn't spin when clipped, but...that's the price you get for not having it as a shelf queen.

Awesome saber though, Even a simple design like that looks gorgeous. Enjoy practicing with it until you cave in and get another =P

Apprentice LE V4

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #866 on: January 02, 2018, 05:03:48 AM »

Can you not just take some needlenose pliers and gently bend the rim of covertec back into alignment.  Smiley

VonAndrashi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Use the force, Luke

« Reply #867 on: January 02, 2018, 08:49:53 AM »

Earlier this afternoon my teenage son and I opened our two mystery box sabers that were belated Christmas gifts.
Lo and behold there was a white sticker on one...
The first one we opened was a Aeon LE stunt in GB with silver av...
The second was a Lost Gray with v3 sound and emerald driver!!
My son actually picked the order we would open them and I got the LG, however I was happy to swap so his first one is awesome. He's already changed colour to red and got the pulse going like the movie effect and silver foc.
The Lost Gray wasn't on the top of my list but after spinning and dueling with it I must say it is a fine saber.
It is quite large both in length and width but I have big hands so feels very comfortable.

Having heaps of fun dueling with these, light sabers are great.

Current sabers: Diamond Archon v3.1, Emerald Graflex, Stunt Standard CG, Stunt Dark Sentinel CG
Wish list: Chosen One / Scorpion / Consular
... and maybe a couple for the kids
Light side rocks

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #868 on: January 02, 2018, 02:44:59 PM »

Earlier this afternoon my teenage son and I opened our two mystery box sabers that were belated Christmas gifts.
Lo and behold there was a white sticker on one...
The first one we opened was a Aeon LE stunt in GB with silver av...
The second was a Lost Gray with v3 sound and emerald driver!!
My son actually picked the order we would open them and I got the LG, however I was happy to swap so his first one is awesome. He's already changed colour to red and got the pulse going like the movie effect and silver foc.
The Lost Gray wasn't on the top of my list but after spinning and dueling with it I must say it is a fine saber.
It is quite large both in length and width but I have big hands so feels very comfortable.

Having heaps of fun dueling with these, light sabers are great.

That’s awesome! Glad your mystery box purchase was a success!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2018, 04:08:33 PM »

Might join the club finally today Tongue I can only do mid grade blade but that's okay. Here's to hoping for something good, either a blue or red blade will be cool or a color I haven't had yet. So kinda nervous on what I might get Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 95   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: