Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Full costume review of Jedi outfit from Cosplaysky.com  (Read 7511 times)
Remy Lost
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 8

Being Lost is no excuse not to Plunder as you go

« on: March 23, 2012, 04:04:25 AM »

I ordered the "Star Wars Kenobi Jedi TUNIC Costume Custom-made" and had it redone in a black and grey color scheme. 

Inner tunic: Excellent cut and made from a nice black linen.  Short sleeved.
        Outer Tunic: Grey cotton with long sleeves and a great fit
        Pants: Black "slacks" The cut is great and and they really are pants.  Belt loops, zipper and pockets
        Obi: Velcros in the back instead of tied, actually stays put better this way.  Very pleased with it, especially the width.
        Tabards: Super excited about these. They are reversible! Black on one side, grey the other.  They will get more use like this.
        Outer Robe: Disappointed in the polyester material, it has simple ties around the neck.  The sleeves are not as wide I would like but fits well over the rest of the outfit.
        Pleather Belt:  I also got this in black instead of the brown, unfortunately it was folded badly and arrived broken.  The small side snap was undone but it could easily be replaced or glued. Regardless I wasn't planning on using it. 

I am very pleased with it.  The cost was great, less than half of the material price alone. I will most likely upgrade the robe in the future but the rest of the outfit is great. This is a solid buy for anyone looking to put together a nice Jedi or Sith costume.  The small add-on fee for the color change was acceptable, build time was quick as was shipping.

The Darth Maul came in as well.  Turns out the original package was intercepted as they had mistakenly made it in my size instead of to the measurements that were specified.  It was quick shipped by UPS and arrived yesterday, before the originally package arrived.  The sizing was spot on which is great seeing as your talking about a 3X outfit.  Being heavily muscled most 3X clothes are baggy, these were tailored for a guy with his measurements.  Very happy about that.  With the exception of the over cloak all the material is either cotton or linen.  The cloak being polyester again is a disappointment but everything else is wonderful. 

Again, sorry for the crappy picture.  On photobucket it is cropped, can't figure out why it is undoing it here.

Dominix V2 LE Adegan Silver

You can rent the use of my skills but my loyalty can only be earned.

dahuterschuter
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »

Any pics of the Maul costume?  I've been looking into that one and I'm just wondering how accurate it is to the pictures on their site.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »

How much did it cost to get to get a color change, and how do you request it?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 06:37:14 PM »

Nice. I was thinking of getting their Mace Windu costume, myself. Good to know their stuff is good quality.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:53:21 PM »

I am pretty sure I will get the obi wan in black, it is 148, and that's kinda cheap.  I wanna see more pictures, with out your saber, you just standing there, so we can see it better.

Remy Lost
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

Got off early from work and don't have to cook tonight so i can do some pics of the individual pieces if you would like.  I have no pics of my roommate in the Darth Maul.  Again I can do pics of those pieces as well.  i will even try modeling my outfit again, maybe I can rig a tripod and use the timer or something.  Of course photobucket has been acting squirrely for me on uploading here but it is probably because I don't know what I'm doing.  If nothing else I will link ya'll the site to check pictures there.
   The only downside of the costumes are the cloaks and I think I am going to order the cloak only from the Count Dooku with a grey interior as they offered to do it alone for $80 shipped. 

To do color or fabric changes on the Cosplaysky site you go to the service menu and select it there for an additional $20 fee.  One fee covers all the color changes, I don't know if you buy it again for fabric changes.  If I would have paid attention to the fact that the robes/cloaks were polyester I would have looked into having them made in linen or something as well.

Remy Lost
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 02:56:51 AM »

Sorry this took much longer than I anticipated.  Also please forgive my horrible photography skills.  Some people just can't take pictures...

Darth Maul
http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/Remy_Loste/Darth%20Maul%20Custume/

Color changed Ep I Kenobi
http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/Remy_Loste/Ep%20I%20Kenobi%20Costume/

Remy Lost
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »

Well it is just the Coat, Holster and tie so keep that in mind.  The coat is made of "uniform cloth" which usually means a decent weight linen from what I have experienced.  The tie might be cheesy quality and the belt is pleather.  I really like the belt but it looks so off in brown it would be worth it to pay the $20 to see if they can do it in black.  I would also get the trim on the coat done in a darker color but thats just me.  If you actually are looking to cosplay as this person ignore what I said I am thinking Star Wars cosplay.

I will be ordering again soon.  I decided that I will need something lighter and better suited to this 100+ degree weather.  I can't imagine what august in orlando will be like this year.

http://cosplaysky.com/bleach-9th-division-shuhei-hisagi-cosplay-costume.html

This would give me a set of "split leg" Hakama as well my "skirt" ones and two sleeveless tunics to match with either the short or long sleeved ones I already have.  I figure between the three outfits I already have and this I can make about 10 different combinations so that I stay recognizable but don't have to wear the exact same thing every time.  I do attend 25 to 30 events a year right now. 

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »

Looks great! Like the colour choice mate!

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: