Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1280641 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5010 on: August 10, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »

As much as we didn't like him in the end our only father figure, step dad, died last night of a massive heart attack. So I probably wont be myself for awhile. Really crushed right now on the inside but not really showing it much x.x
Sorry for your lose, my condolences!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5011 on: August 10, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »

I'm doing okay. Not everyone else though x.x Doing some serious saber shopping next month myself too x.x Monarch CE Blazing Red, Ultra Edge Mid Grade blade for my Overlord, and new Overlord emitter. Old one isn't really all that sturdy much anymore so needing a newer one plus its one of my main cosplay sabers now too so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #5012 on: August 11, 2017, 04:05:01 AM »

As much as we didn't like him in the end our only father figure, step dad, died last night of a massive heart attack. So I probably wont be myself for awhile. Really crushed right now on the inside but not really showing it much x.x

Zren Tobas, My condolences. Hope you and your family pull through with time.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5013 on: August 13, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »

I get so frustrated with social media.  I bust ass perfecting a costume to the smallest details, I spend countless hours mastering weapon skills to go with it and it's always the same shell.  I go to share or post something and it's always some asshole making fat jokes or something.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5014 on: August 14, 2017, 12:09:29 AM »

I get so frustrated with social media.  I bust ass perfecting a costume to the smallest details, I spend countless hours mastering weapon skills to go with it and it's always the same shell.  I go to share or post something and it's always some asshole making fat jokes or something.

Sorry that happened Samhain, people really suck Angry

You have awesome saber skills and your cosplays look great. Just ignore the the haters and shamers (I know how hard that can be) and rock it at the next con!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5015 on: August 14, 2017, 12:11:22 AM »

It doesn't get to me that bad.  It's just annoying to try to share stuff online and have to deal with it.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5016 on: August 14, 2017, 12:15:22 AM »

Un-believable, Samhain.  The mediocrity of people like that continues to astound me.  Their own existence as a human being must be severely troubled if they are making stooooopid comments like that.  You have amazing skills in cosplay and saber handling and anyone whose seen your work stands in awe of you (like me, for example).  

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5017 on: August 14, 2017, 01:08:30 AM »

It doesn't get to me that bad.  It's just annoying to try to share stuff online and have to deal with it.

I totally understand. It is annoying having people put you in a box labeled "fat" and disregard your skills. I actually don't have issues online as much as real life. I get a lot of "are you sure you will fit in/through/under/over/around that?" with my job.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5018 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:53 AM »

This is something I worry about with my Mara Jade costume....not so much my weight but being called bad names and told I look like a dude/am not a real woman/we can tell you're trans, go die in a fire. People can be real jerks at best when behind a keyboard.

For what it's worth, I think your Kylo Ren costume was quite well done and I think you should be proud of it. I also believe everyone who puts time, effort, and money into something and has the guts to put it out there deserves respect.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5019 on: August 14, 2017, 02:34:46 AM »

I don't usually have too many issues in person.  It's a lot easier criticizing the guy swinging the sword behind a keyboard.  It is what it is.  The comments themselves don't really phase me too much.  I'm comfortable with myself.  I know who I am and I wouldn't want to change that for anything.  It's just discouraging when you want to share something you enjoy with other people and it's always met with negativity.

It reminds me of earlier this year.  I had a photo featured on the US Facebook page and it had thousands of likes.  I was thrilled.  Then I read the comments.  People seem to have a negative opinion of US, Kylo Ren, and overweight people apparently.  And guess who was in the middle of all 3.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5020 on: August 14, 2017, 02:47:19 AM »

This is something I worry about with my Mara Jade costume....not so much my weight but being called bad names and told I look like a dude/am not a real woman/we can tell you're trans, go die in a fire. People can be real jerks at best when behind a keyboard.

This is exactly what I'm talking about!  I'm a confident person and no ones going to stop me from doing whatever I want.  What I worry about is other people.  If I come up with an incredibly accurate costume and skills to go with it and they're trashing me, what are they going to say to someone else?  They're going to ruin someone's self image for some stupid reason. 

One of my friends just quit cosplaying, and she's amazing.  She quit because of comments on a picture that got big on Instagram saying she had a flat butt and couldn't be that character.  She took down all her stuff and sold her amazing hand made costumes because of some jerk online.  I jut don't get why people feel the need to tear down others all the time.

TJ, get a heavy blade for your saber when you're Mara Jade do you can crack em in the dome if they get out of line.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5021 on: August 14, 2017, 05:13:13 AM »

There are a lot of a holes in the world!! I keep all my social media accounts private although mainly because I don't need everybody to see my kids pictures etc.. And one account is just cigar stuff so that will bore most anyway. But that isn't the point, and I know that won't help when you get featured in a group. I'm 46 going on 47 and about 10 years ago I decide that I just don't give a F about what most people think about me, man that makes life so much easier! I know it's not easy and doesn't always work.

One thing that's makes a place like this so great, being among other nerds (hope that word doesn't offend anybody, my family has embraced it).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5022 on: August 14, 2017, 06:07:30 AM »

This is exactly what I'm talking about!  I'm a confident person and no ones going to stop me from doing whatever I want.  What I worry about is other people.  If I come up with an incredibly accurate costume and skills to go with it and they're trashing me, what are they going to say to someone else?  They're going to ruin someone's self image for some stupid reason. 

One of my friends just quit cosplaying, and she's amazing.  She quit because of comments on a picture that got big on Instagram saying she had a flat butt and couldn't be that character.  She took down all her stuff and sold her amazing hand made costumes because of some jerk online.  I jut don't get why people feel the need to tear down others all the time.

TJ, get a heavy blade for your saber when you're Mara Jade do you can crack em in the dome if they get out of line.

That's terrible! She shouldn't have quit, the haters won. Though I do understand why she would have, I'd have kept persisting despite them.

And yeah, the heavy grade sounds like a good idea. Lol

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5023 on: August 14, 2017, 05:37:53 PM »

This is when you hit them back with comments on being a chicken-shell loser that doesn't have the balls enough to put themselves out there. I know my cosplay could be better, and it is steadily getting there. Am I the definition of physical fitness? Hellz no. Do I let that stop me? What do you think?

Cosplaying is not about perfectly recreating a character, but rather embodying a work of wearable art. I've seen your KR cosplay. Yes you are on the.....thicker side of the aspect ratio, but damn it all, you nailed that costume. Plus, I've seen you move in your assault of Geoffrey. "Fat" guys don't move like that. You're big, whoop-di-friggin-do.

The proof is when you go to an event, and people are excited to get their picture taken with you. The cosplay feather in my cap was at Popcon when troopers from the 501st stopped me for a photo-op. I was honored.

Don't sweat the jerks. When I went to Comic-con, there was a boy there done up in his best SS Harley Quinn. He made no attempts to hide his gender. And if you saw the smile on his face just to be there, you couldn't have stopped him with a bull dozer.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5024 on: August 14, 2017, 08:29:48 PM »

I love that there is a place like Comic Cons to be able express yourself freely in cosplay for the fandom you love without the fear of someone judging you. They attract our kind of people, and there's a feeling of comradery and mutual expression of appreciation for each other's investment of personal time, sweat and money to step into the shoes of our favorite character - just good times.  I was stopped a few times back in March at our Salt Lake FanX convention for photos, too, and I have to say it felt like a HUGE compliment and didn't feel any hesitation.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: