Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber spears - great for spinning!  (Read 1499 times)
Duskheart
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -41

Bookaflock!

« on: March 20, 2016, 05:56:01 PM »

So I finally got the chance to take my saber spear into a wide open space last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNWRKhpWQuE

It's a bit dark, I mostly just wanted focus on the blade.  First time really spinning it in that setup, don't really have room in my tiny cluttered room lol

The saber itself is a stunt Dark Initiate v4, in Guardian Blue, and I've attached a pike extension to it with a flushmount coupler.  Makes it super-easy to spin, and move around, since there's a lot of gripping space, and it's overall not that much longer than a standard hilt with a 36" blade.  I also plan to get a Dark Initiate v4 LE in DVA to add to this, make a modified saber staff, and also just to have a purple spear.

Anybody else like configurations like this?

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »

I'm sure it's great fun! Smiley
If you are interested, you can try some shaolin pu dao froms with that spear.
(This is master Shi Xing Hong who is only crazier in real life but you'll get the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvxMGn4_NI )

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »

I also have a lot of fun with my pike extension. I like to use mine in the middle of a staff. The thing about it is that by keeping the blade further from the body, it makes wider arcs and seems to dance more than it does when tethered to normal central hilt held in the hand.

Duskheart
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -41

Bookaflock!

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:44:26 AM »

I definitely need to try it in the center of a staff, and yeah - the blade definitely moves far more impressively on the end of a longer hilt - it opens up a lot of ideas for dueling that I need to try, too...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: