Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Board Version Question  (Read 4063 times)
Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 50

« on: March 30, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »

Ok,  I just got my sabers in today and am loving them.  I was going to play around with changing the sound fonts but was a bit concerned when I got started.  I am guessing that I have a newer version of the board (XT?)  I have the FoC feature on all three of the sabers , but when I load up the launcher and check as the instructional says, I do not have the USB 64 at the top of the launcher.  And yes I am using version 2.0 of the launcher.  I guess the newer boards are all in one piece with the mini USB plug, unlike some of the pics I saw in the forums of them.

Any tips or ways to identify?

Also I have seen the ones with the dummy cell,  mine all came with double Li-Ion batteries installed.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »

Only the Obsidian XT can support FoC.  That said, there are a few versions of the board (one with a separate port, one with it attached) so you probably just got the newest model.

Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »

Ok, then yes I was figuring that might be the case, but wanted to make sure.  Any ideas of why it is not showing the USB 64 at the top like the instructional video or could that be outdated as well with the older versions of the XT board?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »

Ok, then yes I was figuring that might be the case, but wanted to make sure.  Any ideas of why it is not showing the USB 64 at the top like the instructional video or could that be outdated as well with the older versions of the XT board?

I'm really not sure about that.  Hopefully Deep or Ultra can explain it.

Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »

I have emailed them.  I will post up their answer on how to fix or even if it needs fixing for those that may have similar issues in the future.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »

don't worry you have the right version it will only say 64 if the board you have has the usb port  on a separate mini board on  the main sound board. I thought their was a problem too since i had thought their was a problem too, but really their isn't  a problem at all. Smiley  

Edit found the post/thread where deep mention this some what
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4396.0
Having a dummy cell in your saber doesn't necessarily mean you have an XT.  

If your USB port is SEPARATE from your soundboard then its an XT.  Otherwise it's not an XT.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:42:55 AM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:29:27 AM »

don't worry you have the right version it will only say 64 if the board you have has the usb port  on a separate mini board on  the main sound board. I thought their was a problem too since i had thought their was a problem too, but really their isn't  a problem at all. Smiley  

Edit found the post/thread where deep mention this some what
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4396.0

Yeah that quote always confused me, because elsewhere Deep confirmed that any saber with FoC has an XT board... but then, these quotes were from some time ago.

Let us know what you hear, Phantom!

Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »

After reading through some of the stuff you linked Nero, I pretty much determined that my board does not need to have the USB 64 at the top on the launcher.  It appears that was for the XT board with the separate mini USB board.  So taking the advice from my fellow SaberForum members I got brave and went ahead and downloaded different fonts onto one of my sabers.  It worked fine from the best I can tell.

I will see if I hear anything further from Deep and post it. For now it seems that the video might be a bit outdated with the newer version boards.

Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »

So I received a response today from Emory( from what I gather that is Deep?):

"We no longer have ANY XT64 boards in stock and have not shipped them for months, so you for sure do not have a 64.  Your board is an XT board though because it is FoC capable.  But it will not say "64" on the top.  SO you are good to upload fonts as long as you are using the latest version of the Launcher."

So there we go.  All good to download fonts.

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »

I wonder how many emails they have had to answer about this.  I would imagine posting a sticky somewhere would be easier in the long run...

Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »

That would be a good idea, because anyone that watches the video, like me, is going to be wondering unless they have previous knowledge with the board.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 11:52:17 PM »

So I received a response today from Emory( from what I gather that is Deep?):

"We no longer have ANY XT64 boards in stock and have not shipped them for months, so you for sure do not have a 64.  Your board is an XT board though because it is FoC capable.  But it will not say "64" on the top.  SO you are good to upload fonts as long as you are using the latest version of the Launcher."

So there we go.  All good to download fonts.

Yup, Deep is Emory and Emory is Deep.  It's good to know the difference, and probably WOULD help to have that info stickied somewhere...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

twizted
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

okay so i just got my saber today... and i watched the video about putting sounds on the obsidian card... im guessing foc means flash on clash right?
well i have that on my saber but when i start up the obsidian launcher mine doesnt come up with the 64 bit thing..
so just to make sure.. if i have foc itll be alright to upload fonts?

Raven SS edition. VA. BR FOC.
Dark Initiate V2. BR. grab
Dark Initiate V2. GB. grab.. converted to BR
Aeon v3. SRD. grab
Initiate LE v3. BR grab.. converted to GB
Aeon LE v3. FO with S FOC

Satesh
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »

As long as you use the latest version of the launcher

twizted