Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496086 times)
Mr.0PT1C
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Guardian from the Corellian Jedi Order

« Reply #1875 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »

I understand the applications - its a cool idea.
Just saying you would scarafice alittle speed for reach.
with practice you can make it work well. Its why i love my saber staff.

Phantasm Saber Staff - GB
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[]|||[ ]||||||||||]:[||||||||||[ ]|||[]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't tell me the odds.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1876 on: October 09, 2013, 07:55:38 PM »

Reply to comments replying to 5' blade request.
First I know the skill of the swordsman is more important than the weapon, but the weapon does make a difference.
A 5' bladed saber would not be used in the same manner as a normal 36" bladed saber. If a 5' bladed light saber is used in the right manner it has great advantages over a shorter saber: stabbing can be done more efficiently with blocks, more swings can be preformed before the opponent can attack, strikes and blocks have greater power, ect. A 5' long blade would also be used with a longer hilt, 18" to 24", to provide more leverage for strikes and blocks.
A saber of the size one of these would be would be used similar to a Zweihander, or a long rapier, or a mix of how one would use those two swords.
The saber would have its advantages and disadvantages to normal sabers, but if one uses specific styles it can be great. That is why I asked for it.

I understood your point, my concerns were technical rather than form-related. I think we all understand that big blades can be useful in combat. But I think, as with bones and real swords, a blade of that size needs to be scaled up proportionally in all regards, necessitating a different blade holder and, potentially, an entirely different hilt.

no

Mr.0PT1C
Knight Officer

« Reply #1877 on: October 09, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »

Might i suggest going onto ultrasabers.com
they sell 1" high density blades that are made to order - you tell them the length.
These are heavy and they dont bend without serious force behind them.

not to take anything away from ultrasabers!  Grin

Don't tell me the odds.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #1878 on: October 11, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »

A "Lower End Saber" with the Quick Disconnect option.

Basically, a saber similar to the Aeon / Dominix, Liberator, Standard Issue and Initiate product lineup but with the option to have Quick-Disconnect.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #1879 on: October 12, 2013, 07:17:44 AM »

A bigger variety of saber hilt styles, such as  a count Dooku style bent hilt or maybe a option to add a second hilt to a saber turning it into a guard shoto. Smiley

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #1880 on: October 12, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »

I sill think we should bring back the light Kamas, Ephesian, Darth Death Scythe, and Tonfas.

Dark side points please

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #1881 on: October 12, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »

LED vented pommels
Pointed pommels...the other guys have it, but i'd rather give my money to US!
and just saying I personally would like to see Starkillers lightside hilt.

Lightside points if any are given

jasond22
Knight Ensign

Jedi w/ Archon SRD/FOC AS; Prophecy CG; Aeon v3 GB

« Reply #1882 on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »

A "Lower End Saber" with the Quick Disconnect option.

Yeah, I don't understand why more sabers don't have a QD option.

Mr.0PT1C
Knight Officer

« Reply #1883 on: October 12, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »

Light saber tongfas.
or maybe Sais?

Don't tell me the odds.

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #1884 on: October 12, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »

Yeah, I don't understand why more sabers don't have a QD option.
The QD LED unit is a bit larger then the normal unit (fits the v2s and v3 sabers such as prophecy) QD fits the thicker hilts except the guardian the pommel isn't MLS so you can't really take it off making QD really difficult but I think eerockk did it.

Darth Zant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Ruler of the Twilight Realm

« Reply #1885 on: October 12, 2013, 08:28:21 PM »

Alright, here's my suggestion:

It's said the "bane" lightsaber is supposed to be Darth Bane's lightsaber from the now-defunct Dark Horse comics. (Similar to how the Consular lightsaber is obviously Qui-Gon's, etc.) I would like to see Ultrasabers make a lightsaber that is Darth Bane's REAL lightsaber that is described in his trilogy by Drew Kapyshyn. If you read the first book at least, you know that Kasim took it from his master's corpse after killing him and passed it on to Bane. I'm certain that the folks at Ultrasabers could design and make it drawing on the description of it in the first book, which I've put below:

This hilt was smaller and it was fashioned with a strange curve, giving it a hooked appearance. "It feels strange," he muttered. "It requires a minor variation in your grip," said Kasim. Hold it more in the palm, farther away from the fingertips." Bane did as instructed, letting his body become accustomed to the odd weight and balance. Already his mind was beginning to run thru the ramifications of the new grip. It would give the wielder more power on overhead strikes, and it would change the angle of the attacks by the merest fraction of a degree. Just enough to confuse and disorient an unsuspecting opponent.

So it was sort of like Dooku's lightsaber a little bit. Don't copy it though. Make it considerably different. It could be dark and ornate, with maybe a jewel pommel or something like that. What do you guys think?

mcnaughtonM
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -41

[Darkside points only]

« Reply #1886 on: October 13, 2013, 02:03:46 AM »

The QD LED unit is a bit larger then the normal unit (fits the v2s and v3 sabers such as prophecy) QD fits the thicker hilts except the guardian the pommel isn't MLS so you can't really take it off making QD really difficult but I think eerockk did it.

That isn't necessarily true. All that changes is the outside heatsink, which you just unscrew and replace with a smaller one. I personally have QD's in my prophecy, and can say that the only reason that they wouldn't offer QD's with the V2 sabers is because they lack the modular emitter so swapping the module/putting the QD's in is a bit of a pain.

I am sure that if you requested it in the order comments they would happily accommodate this.

Alright, here's my suggestion:

It's said the "bane" lightsaber is supposed to be Darth Bane's lightsaber from the now-defunct Dark Horse comics. (Similar to how the Consular lightsaber is obviously Qui-Gon's, etc.) I would like to see Ultrasabers make a lightsaber that is Darth Bane's REAL lightsaber that is described in his trilogy by Drew Kapyshyn. If you read the first book at least, you know that Kasim took it from his master's corpse after killing him and passed it on to Bane. I'm certain that the folks at Ultrasabers could design and make it drawing on the description of it in the first book, which I've put below:

So it was sort of like Dooku's lightsaber a little bit. Don't copy it though. Make it considerably different. It could be dark and ornate, with maybe a jewel pommel or something like that. What do you guys think?

Something like this, which is another interpretation of the Darth Bane hilt:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:08:12 AM by mcnaughtonM » Logged

Inventory:
- Prophecy in CG
- Dark Liberator in CG (gb)
- Shock in BR (Silver FOC)
- Dominix LE in BR
Wishlist:
- Graflex in GB
- Raven in BR
- Reaper in BR

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #1887 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58:15 AM »

I personally would like it if the A/V switch would be available with a black shroud and button, non led and with led...Second wondering when the A/V switch led will be available in violet?

Lightside points if any are given

Daniel H
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

My other car's a katana...

« Reply #1888 on: October 13, 2013, 03:55:27 PM »

I am a first time buyer.

Maybe my perspective is ignorance, and maybe it is "fresh eyes".

I like the RGB option, but I am put off by the mass of buttons to accidentally squeeze.

Would it be practical to incorporate a groove inside a pommel or emitter that held a multi-position switch to select the colour by twisting the pommel/emitter, and only one recessed on/off button on the hilt's grip area?

Just a thought.

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #1889 on: October 13, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »

I am a first time buyer.

Maybe my perspective is ignorance, and maybe it is "fresh eyes".

I like the RGB option, but I am put off by the mass of buttons to accidentally squeeze.

Would it be practical to incorporate a groove inside a pommel or emitter that held a multi-position switch to select the colour by twisting the pommel/emitter, and only one recessed on/off button on the hilt's grip area?

Just a thought.

Probably not since these are battle sabers if you struck it by dropping it or broke the casing it be a henderince rather than helpful or great option. But it would be cool if we had an RGB cycle button just two switches a master and color switch.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: