Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496138 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2835 on: May 05, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »

That would require a new switch with a suitable RGBW/A LED as well as more solder pins at the bottom of the switch to control each die - which definitely brings up space issues because you have to place much more wires on the switch. Unless you enlarge it, I can't imagine that this would be possible with the current switch models.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #2836 on: May 05, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »

That would require a new switch with a suitable RGBW/A LED as well as more solder pins at the bottom of the switch to control each die - which definitely brings up space issues because you have to place much more wires on the switch. Unless you enlarge it, I can't imagine that this would be possible with the current switch models.

I have tried to make this point but I think you made it a lot clearer. I have not even seen a switch with an RGB LED inside (you can get RGB in; I believe, a 5mm diameter LED).
The AV switch I've seen is 'double pole double throw' - 6pins, 2 common, 2 Normal open, 2 normal closed. 8 pins once you include the LED. If it was simply swapped for an RGB LED there would be 10 as that type has 4 pins.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2837 on: May 05, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »

In other words.
A real pain in the but to wire in corectly and even More so on the
 cram-fo.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Mr.Brightside
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

Sith is such a uncivilized word, I prefer Martyr.

« Reply #2838 on: May 05, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »

I would very much like a curved hilt!~

Associate of the Red Order

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #2839 on: May 05, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »

In other words.
A real pain in the but to wire in corectly and even More so on the
 cram-fo.

Just so.

Wish list:

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #2840 on: May 05, 2014, 06:21:08 PM »

I would very much like a curved hilt!~

First off welcome mrbrightside second, we actually have a thread for that topic now because it comes up in the wish list so often.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19442.0

Here ya go. Check it out its a heck of a discussion

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2841 on: May 05, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »

First off welcome mrbrightside second, we actually have a thread for that topic now because it comes up in the wish list so often.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19442.0

Here ya go. Check it out its a heck of a discussion

Hope that discussion doesn't turn as ugly as the curved hilts themselves Grin
I'm kidding, to each their own.

Interchangeable pommel inserts (yes, yes, similar to "the other guys"), some for sound, a D-ring, recharge or Emerald port, maybe one with either a threaded hole or large enough hole to insert a flexible conduit ...holder thingy. The piece that you insert flexible metal conduit into then tighten with a screw. That would make for an excellent protosaber pommel.

US-branded and plain wall or shelf hilt racks.

A "dent 'n scratch" thing for exceptionally beat up sabers that they typically wouldn't put in grab bags. Include mistakes, messed up holes drilled, crap paint/anodizing, janky prototypes, and mangled bits. Experimental colors, too? Strange things. Even an option for electronics free (either simply not included or it's too far gone / they wouldn't fit correctly)

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #2842 on: May 06, 2014, 05:44:38 AM »

New idea time!
The Obsidian board rules all right now, but consider this...
If the sounds were based on multi-channel, mixable instruments, like a midi system. They can be automatically altered by the firmware, based on the duration of the action (swing, or clash,) and the force of the action, thus giving the sounds a less 'canned' feel, and a more natural effect, like it was mixed right there at Skywalker sound.

Another one!
Might there be a version of the emerald and/or obsidian boards that have pre-configured profiles that can be assigned to additional buttons?
"You will die by my green lightsaber with Darth Vader sounds!!! Never mind, now you will die by my yellow lightsaber with these random video game sounds!!! Magic you say??? Nay, my unworthy opponent, I just depressed this other button, ha haaaa!"
 Grin

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2843 on: May 06, 2014, 10:13:21 AM »

New idea time!
The Obsidian board rules all right now, but consider this...
If the sounds were based on multi-channel, mixable instruments, like a midi system. They can be automatically altered by the firmware, based on the duration of the action (swing, or clash,) and the force of the action, thus giving the sounds a less 'canned' feel, and a more natural effect, like it was mixed right there at Skywalker sound.

Another one!
Might there be a version of the emerald and/or obsidian boards that have pre-configured profiles that can be assigned to additional buttons?
"You will die by my green lightsaber with Darth Vader sounds!!! Never mind, now you will die by my yellow lightsaber with these random video game sounds!!! Magic you say??? Nay, my unworthy opponent, I just depressed this other button, ha haaaa!"
 Grin

I like your Midi idea, I'm a musician and sound engineer and that seems like something reasonable. Instead of triggering fixed sounds to play it would be more fluid and allow infinite adjustability for each sound. That's essentially a completely different sound board, but if the Obsidian designers felt so inclined I'm sure they could come up with something.

As far as the sound/color switch thing (and recent discussions about RGB switches) how about a knob? It would have multiple positions that could be wired for different combinations and would only take up two "spaces" (master power switch and selector knob) instead of four like current RGB setups. Sure, wire-fu and whatnot, but I'd imagine current RGB sabers are kinda cramped. The same knob-type selector could also change to Emerald presets if a board/chip were configured to work that way.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #2844 on: May 06, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »

For that color changing idea, I've seen other forum members use a potentiomater ( a rotating switch) as a color slecter.
Now I want that new emitter I saw one of the raffel winners get on a consular.  But I'm sure if ultrasabers is going to release a new saber or parts then it'll be after all the current sales are done.

Custom saber-Vigilance

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2845 on: May 06, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »

I like your idea of those new sound board features, Steffenator! AFAIK they are currently working on a new version, so if it's not too late, maybe this could be included in the design...I would really love it!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scraver
Knight Commander

« Reply #2846 on: May 06, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »

Some of the soundboard ideas have been done; just not by US .... yet. Smiley

Wish list:

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #2847 on: May 07, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »

The midi thing could be the true ticket.
They could have infinite adjustability, like effect timing, instrument mix volume, fade-in/out duration, pitch... the list can go on forever.

@ Darinus, I like the rotary selector idea, I actually thought of that after I made the original post, but for different reasons. Keep in mind that my idea isn't just to mix the colors on the fly, but to switch between pre-configured settings in the firmware (sound and light,) so, with that in mind, an up-and-down button or encoder knob would work just as well, depending on the taste of the builder.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2848 on: May 08, 2014, 01:33:04 AM »

The midi thing could be the true ticket.
They could have infinite adjustability, like effect timing, instrument mix volume, fade-in/out duration, pitch... the list can go on forever.

@ Darinus, I like the rotary selector idea, I actually thought of that after I made the original post, but for different reasons. Keep in mind that my idea isn't just to mix the colors on the fly, but to switch between pre-configured settings in the firmware (sound and light,) so, with that in mind, an up-and-down button or encoder knob would work just as well, depending on the taste of the builder.

That idea is great, if something like that were available it might make me actually want sound whenever I splurge on an Emerald saber.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2849 on: May 08, 2014, 01:45:31 AM »

Hey how about for new future Obsidian options like, power on/off timing? Like if we want a slow power on if we want to be the bad guy for the day. Lol. This would be cool for sure.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: