Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496090 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3615 on: September 22, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »

Staggered activation!  Grin
After seeing the Kylo Ren FX, I think we need this for the Flamberge and Renegade.

I feel you on that note. I've wanted a delayed activation to align with the sound of the "Ancient Saber" font. And then to have it kind of flicker out on deactivation. Excellent idea.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Fornax
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3616 on: October 08, 2015, 08:11:17 PM »

I don't even know how it would work...but I'd love to see a reverse killkey. I keep hitting my button by accident and turning it off, or if I drop it or clash too hard it turns off as well. I'd love some way to be able to keep it on, even if I hit the button by mistake

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3617 on: October 08, 2015, 08:36:20 PM »

I don't even know how it would work...but I'd love to see a reverse killkey. I keep hitting my button by accident and turning it off, or if I drop it or clash too hard it turns off as well. I'd love some way to be able to keep it on, even if I hit the button by mistake

V4 sound?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Shadowclaimer
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3618 on: October 09, 2015, 01:31:52 PM »

I feel you on that note. I've wanted a delayed activation to align with the sound of the "Ancient Saber" font. And then to have it kind of flicker out on deactivation. Excellent idea.

I'd love a delayed/damaged activation/deactivation. Make it kinda fail to start and then go on/off.

Grey Jedi - Try to keep my points completely neutral.

Sabers - Initiate v4 LE (32" Sentinel Yellow), Dark Initiate v4 LE (32" Adegan Silver), Dark Apprentice v4 (36" Mirialan Green)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3619 on: October 09, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »

I'd love a delayed/damaged activation/deactivation. Make it kinda fail to start and then go on/off.

Have you heard the ON/OFF of the Ancient Saber font?

Sig by For Tyeth

Shadowclaimer
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3620 on: October 09, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »

Have you heard the ON/OFF of the Ancient Saber font?

No I have not, is it beautiful?

Grey Jedi - Try to keep my points completely neutral.

Sabers - Initiate v4 LE (32" Sentinel Yellow), Dark Initiate v4 LE (32" Adegan Silver), Dark Apprentice v4 (36" Mirialan Green)

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3621 on: October 09, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »

Ancient Saber is a good font, however for me, I don't like the fact you have all this amazing sound going off and the blade just stays solid on with Obsidian. I still think they need to put an LED driver on the board to at least control things like blade shimmer without having to spend an extra $90-$140 for an Emerald board.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3622 on: October 09, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »

No I have not, is it beautiful?

It's certainly different. On power-up, it sounds something like a capacitor gathering power to generate the blade, and then it bursts forth once the charge is reached. The hum is reminiscent of rushing steam. And on power-down it sounds almost like it take just as much effort to shut the blade off as it did to turn it on, but it flutters and wanes like the energy has to naturally dissipate, finished with a high-pitched noise as though the blade just winked out of being. I'm not overly keen on the saber-lock noise, though.

Sig by For Tyeth

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3623 on: October 09, 2015, 06:49:23 PM »

It's certainly different. On power-up, it sounds something like a capacitor gathering power to generate the blade, and then it bursts forth once the charge is reached. The hum is reminiscent of rushing steam. And on power-down it sounds almost like it take just as much effort to shut the blade off as it did to turn it on, but it flutters and wanes like the energy has to naturally dissipate, finished with a high-pitched noise as though the blade just winked out of being. I'm not overly keen on the saber-lock noise, though.

That's a good description of the font. Sometimes you need to be in the right mood to use it but when you are it really suits.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3624 on: October 09, 2015, 07:22:56 PM »

That's a good description of the font. Sometimes you need to be in the right mood to use it but when you are it really suits.

One day when I finally work out my steampunk cosplay, it will be the font for my steam saber. And no it's not a "steam" saber simply because it's steampunk.

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3625 on: October 09, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »

Yeah, I played with the fonts that came preloaded on my new saber last night, and I didn't much like the lock-up on that one.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3626 on: October 10, 2015, 06:03:53 AM »

One day when I finally work out my steampunk cosplay, it will be the font for my steam saber. And no it's not a "steam" saber simply because it's steampunk.

I know this is getting off topic, but a steampunk cosplay sounds amazing Darth Logos. Great idea.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3627 on: October 12, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »

I know this is getting off topic, but a steampunk cosplay sounds amazing Darth Logos. Great idea.

But do you have any idea how costly a good steampunk cosplay is?

Sig by For Tyeth

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #3628 on: October 13, 2015, 09:35:51 AM »

But do you have any idea how costly a good steampunk cosplay is?
Depends on what kind of thrift stores you have around your town. Get a cheap wind-up clock, bust it open, you've got the gears and brassy bits, and clothes can be had for cheap. Hardware stores can offer the goggles. Hot glue, thread, and needles are not terribly expensive.
I've asked clerks to deliberately LOOK for broken pocketwatches and clocks before, and when I ask nice enough, they're usually willing to gimme a call when something comes in.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3629 on: October 13, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »

Depends on what kind of thrift stores you have around your town. Get a cheap wind-up clock, bust it open, you've got the gears and brassy bits, and clothes can be had for cheap. Hardware stores can offer the goggles. Hot glue, thread, and needles are not terribly expensive.
I've asked clerks to deliberately LOOK for broken pocketwatches and clocks before, and when I ask nice enough, they're usually willing to gimme a call when something comes in.

That sounds nice in theory, but ask anyone. I think BIG. NTM I want a customized replacement arm from BruteForce. That alone is over $2500.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: