Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496711 times)
LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -17

Dark Side Points

« Reply #3945 on: February 10, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »

Apologies. I've seen many newbs come into this forum wondering why US doesn't do things the way the "other guys" do. From what I've been able to discern, the electronics are laid out thusly for ease of access. Light and sound boards are most easily accessed through the pommel same as the batteries.

I think I know where you're going with this though. I've suggested before, having through ports in the body, similar in function to the recharge port. A through port would allow for USB access without having to open up the saber.

The Belli is somewhat temperamental when it comes to fitting the blade snuggly. The rattle is the MLS unit not being firmly held in place. This shouldn't cause a problem beyond the noise. But I too dislike the rattle. I suggest taking the time to mark your blade, so when you attach it again you'll know where to align it to snuggly hold the MLS in place.

My bellicose rattled a bit too after taking the blade out. I figured out that I had to line the blade up just below the blade holder to press against the LED. Once I got that lined up right, the rattling stopped.

Yesterday I took the blade out to demonstrate the covertec clip to someone and I put it back in a little more snug and that seemed to alleviate the problem for the most part. I don't hate it I just don't want anything to break. In fact it makes it feel/sound more real to me if there's a little metallic rattle. I'm reminded of the sound Luke's lightsaber makes towards the end of Return of the Jedi when he throws his saber on the ground, declaring himself a Jedi, and the saber is rattling like a metal tube with dice in it.

Own:
Bellicose+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Want:
Malice+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Dark Shock LE+Emerald+Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3946 on: February 10, 2016, 05:31:17 PM »

As an engineer, I guess I just don't have an appreciation for things that rattle. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #3947 on: February 10, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »

As an engineer, I guess I just don't have an appreciation for things that rattle. Grin
You are one very patriotic engineer.

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #3948 on: February 11, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »

I'd read another thread where someone modded their Belli by dropping the blade holder in, marking where the outer hole lined up, and then drilled it so that an appropriately-sized thumbscrew held both holder and blade in place. I wish I could find it. But that's an option, so that you wouldn't have to worry about the LED module rattling.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #3949 on: February 11, 2016, 03:54:59 PM »

I would kind of like to see a Starkiller inspired saber, or Mace Windu. Or even a Graflex version that takes from Anakin's AOTC. That would pretty awesome.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Dark Side Points

« Reply #3950 on: February 11, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »

I would kind of like to see a Starkiller inspired saber, or Mace Windu. Or even a Graflex version that takes from Anakin's AOTC. That would pretty awesome.

The Prophecy is basically Anakin's AOTC lightsaber. The Bellicose is loosely based on Starkiller's lightsaber (though the emitter would need to flare a little more at the base).

Own:
Want:

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Follower of the Light

« Reply #3951 on: February 11, 2016, 05:17:13 PM »

The Prophecy is basically Anakin's AOTC lightsaber. The Bellicose is loosely based on Starkiller's lightsaber (though the emitter would need to flare a little more at the base).

Yeah, I know, but some details would be nice. Like the Chosen One. Some rubber grips, the two little leds on the side. an activation box like the Graflex.
The Bellicose in my opinion looks nothing like Starkiller's. I'm talking about the Starkiller with the exposed crystal chamber and the thin saber. Maybe exclude the crystal chamber, but something like that would be cool.

LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Dark Side Points

« Reply #3952 on: February 11, 2016, 05:21:17 PM »

Yeah, I know, but some details would be nice. Like the Chosen One. Some rubber grips, the two little leds on the side. an activation box like the Graflex.
The Bellicose in my opinion looks nothing like Starkiller's. I'm talking about the Starkiller with the exposed crystal chamber and the thin saber. Maybe exclude the crystal chamber, but something like that would be cool.

I think an activation box would make almost every saber cooler but I kind of just like that look. I don't think it looks anything like Starkiller's saber except for the slanted emitter shroud but...that's kind of it and a lot of sabers have that same kind of shroud. I'm pretty much just regurgitating what I've been told.

Own:
Want:

Dorpz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

You underestimate the power of dark side points.

« Reply #3953 on: February 12, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »

I'd like to see more status on the order status thing, currently it is processing or shipped.
It'd be interesting to have it show order received,  order accepted,  building your saber, saber construction complete, shipped. 

I think this would help for two reasons: one it would stop people panicking, two it would give people some insight into just how long the process is and what it entails.

Own: Tri CREE Blazing Red Stunt Bellicose

Wishlist: Dark Mantis BR w/ Obsidian & FoC, Flamberge V2 Emerald & AS, Prophecy Emerald, Dark Sentinel Staff Emerald & Obsidian (It ain't orderable but it is possible!)

TadoeToad195
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -6

Dark Side Points >:-]

« Reply #3954 on: February 12, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »

I'd like to see more status on the order status thing, currently it is processing or shipped.
It'd be interesting to have it show order received,  order accepted,  building your saber, saber construction complete, shipped. 

I think this would help for two reasons: one it would stop people panicking, two it would give people some insight into just how long the process is and what it entails.
Points for you! This is a must

Klutzaber
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3955 on: February 12, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »

I, for one, would like to see an assajj ventress style saberstaff or single saber. I think that this would sell very well and easily become one of the most popular, depending on the price.

gaining coordination one-CRASH-step at a time?
I am a jedi, sometimes, so light points please!

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Follower of the Light

« Reply #3956 on: February 12, 2016, 10:13:15 PM »

That honestly would be a huge hassle to a company of this size. I understand Domino's does this, but that is each small location. This is a company that has thousands of orders each month. Its hard to keep updating the order on each customer.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3957 on: February 14, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »

It'd be interesting to have it show order received,  order accepted,  building your saber, saber construction complete, shipped.  

Unnecessary for US, it will slow everything down even more. They are working as hard and fast as they can to get it shipped. What more can we want?

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3958 on: February 14, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »

^ Agreed. US states on the web site how long to expect the build time to be, so as a customer you already have the answer. Anything sooner than the stated lead time is a bonus to us.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #3959 on: February 14, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »

I would be happy to see a more up-to-date ordering page on the website.
Now we have the in-stock information on the saber hilts which I see always fresh and crunchy, worth to visit every day to play along with wishlist setups.
We also have a switch colour notification with a confirmative "Acknowledge" drop-down menu about the blue/red buttons first thing in the ordering process.

My request would be to have the same drop-down structure for parts involved in a certain setup (like the Lite board or the AAA battery packs) only when they are out of stock. Also an estimated restock time could be added like it's there about the hilts. As these parts are prerequisites to fulfill any order it would be helpful to know when and order is delayed not just because of the stock status of the hilts but any parts necessary to assemble the orders.

This could result in the following benefits:
- customers could choose a different setup for their order if they are to avoid uncertain amount of waiting
- US could drastically reduce the chance to build up backlog
- US could avoid tsunamis of e-mails on possible questions and/or upgrade requests: these are literally doubling the workload on both parties
- those who don't mind waiting still could place their orders on setups with currently missing parts so US will not loose any orders but could gain a more levelled playfield even in rush times

Hope it makes sense.
Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:23:13 PM by medwyn » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: